Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I missing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I missing? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I missing? - 11/8/2020 8:11:09 PM   
nedjh2

It's turn 64 and I've been working on the Personal Armor Optimization tech since turn 38. This is astounding because the "detailed information" screen says the tech only costs 10BP to research, and at this point my Mil Research council is pulling 397BP per turn into research. Note, I had no issues with any of the previous military techs. Is this a bug or am I missing some kind of research malus that's slowing my tech to a crawl?
Post #: 1
RE: Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I mi... - 11/8/2020 8:29:47 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

That's one of the so-called "linear" techs that give a bonus that scales based on the percentage researched and become more expensive to research the closer they get to 100%. Any research in that tech applies a HP bonus to all new unit models equipped with infantry armor. Just switch to researching another tech if you're not making much progress and have something better to spend your BP on.

(in reply to nedjh2)
Post #: 2
RE: Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I mi... - 11/8/2020 9:08:45 PM   
nedjh2

Ah ok, that makes sense. Perhaps I should go back and actually read the manual because I definitely missed this. It's too bad I wasted so much time on this but I'm happy I can finally upgrade my nearly 100% field tested infantry. Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I mi... - 11/9/2020 4:04:21 PM   
KingHalford

Those infantry are going to be pretty damn strong with that PA Optimisation!

This happens to me occasionally, even knowing how linear tech development works. I get so into another part of the game that I completely forget about development and find I've been pumping research into something like fuel optimisation and missing out on more immediately useful techs!

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to nedjh2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Working on the same tech for 25 turns. What am I missing? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI