Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITP AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITP AE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITP AE - 11/16/2020 9:36:20 PM   
hufc

I have loaded witp ae onto my latest laptop which runs windows 10 it is not as smooth as my old laptop .On the base icon show all search arcs instruction is missing which helps the realism of the game.any ideas
Post #: 1
RE: WITP AE - 11/16/2020 10:36:54 PM   
geofflambert

Most likely you have no pilots available or planes available for searches. It shows the arcs for the projected number of planes available. It won't show arcs for planes that are in the shop.

(in reply to hufc)
Post #: 2
RE: WITP AE - 11/17/2020 4:16:20 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: hufc

I have loaded witp ae onto my latest laptop which runs windows 10 it is not as smooth as my old laptop .On the base icon show all search arcs instruction is missing which helps the realism of the game.any ideas

Geoff is being obtuse about searches.

Just read the huge thread about "Slow Performance" in the stickied area of this forum. Everything you need to know is in there, with illustrations showing you what to do and not do. It seems a bit arcane at first but is not as complicated as it seems - it just requires some work to do it step by step.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to hufc)
Post #: 3
RE: WITP AE - 11/18/2020 7:14:33 PM   
hufc

The game is now running smoothly but the search arcs do not appear on the map plus a slight difference on the base supply icon .I have noticed on the game pull down interface addnendum V109 4 b which seems to cover this .How do i upgrade without spoiling the current set up

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: WITP AE - 11/18/2020 10:11:26 PM   
Kull

The number at the top of the "Interface Addendum" document (v1.09 4b) is an older upgrade, and is included in all those which came after. Speaking of which, you should be using at least the most recent official upgrade, which is v 1.8.11.26a (it's at the top right of the "Main Menu Screen").

Assuming you have the correct game version, then here are three common reasons why search arcs would not be visible:

1) The "Maximum Range" of your search planes is set to "zero"

2) You haven't defined a "search arc", which means your planes are searching a full 360 degree circle (Start is 000 and End is 000). When that happens, search arcs are not displayed.

3) Press the "Z" key once. All defined search arcs will appear on map at the same time. Just be aware that this will slow down your "scrolling" across the map, so it should be toggled on, only when needed.

Edit: Added "third reason"

< Message edited by Kull -- 11/18/2020 10:22:53 PM >

(in reply to hufc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> WITP AE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI