Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game suddenly shuts down

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Game suddenly shuts down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game suddenly shuts down - 11/20/2020 1:38:18 PM   
danoco5907

Hi there, Since I updated to the latest version 1.06.09 beta hotfix and also 1.06.05 last month, I have been playing a long campaign 44 as allies.

I'm up to turn 55 and what I am finding more often now is that suddenly in the middle of a turn, during the bombing runs, the game suddenly just vanishes from the screen and is gone from my current pc screen. I have to open the game again in DWXnd and restart the turn. This seems to happen randomly roughly once every 3-4 turns.

If I have forgotten to save the planning phase before starting, it means re planning all missions which if you have a lot, can be quite tiresome.

Of course I will try to save now before and after every turn but I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this issue and any potential fixes ?

Many thanks

Dan
Post #: 1
RE: Game suddenly shuts down - 11/20/2020 11:07:24 PM   
simovitch

Do you play with clouds on? there was a bug that caused a crash when the clouds were on and moving from the southwest. It will be fixed for the next release.

simovitch

(in reply to danoco5907)
Post #: 2
RE: Game suddenly shuts down - 11/21/2020 8:28:55 AM   
V72

I had the same problem, I use the game under Windows 7, but switching back to version 1.06 it doesn't happen again, whether the clouds are enabled or not.

(in reply to danoco5907)
Post #: 3
RE: Game suddenly shuts down - 11/21/2020 10:59:23 AM   
danoco5907

Thanks for the replies simovitch & V72.

Simovitch - I tend to toggle on and off the clouds at various stages. For instance when close to a bombing target I switch on. Are you saying the issue occurs only when the wind blows from S/W to N/E ? Does the wind now blow randomly in different directions and if the wind is not blowing S/W to N/E then it won't crash? Played a turn last night and was blowing N/W to S/E ( the way it always used to blow) and had no problems. I may now just leave the clouds off maybe just briefly switch on as approaching target, not that I can do anything if its cloudy over target. Just to confirm am I right in assuming the following :

Cloud direction
N/E > S/W game ok
S/E > N/W game ok
S/W > N/E do not play
N/W > S/E game ok

V72 - I am playing in Windows 10. To switch back to 1.06 do i just run again the 1.06 file and not the 1.06.08 file ? I assume I will lose my saved games by doing this ? if so, I will leave it and play without clouds.

Thanks guys

Dan

PS. Any ideas when next update is coming ?

< Message edited by danoco5907 -- 11/21/2020 11:01:10 AM >

(in reply to V72)
Post #: 4
RE: Game suddenly shuts down - 11/22/2020 1:26:53 AM   
simovitch

well clouds only come from NW or SW, and SW might cause a crash if you have them showing graphically. Just turn them off after the reaction phase starts.

I will post a new beta sometime in the next few days. Possibly tomorrow.

simovitch

(in reply to danoco5907)
Post #: 5
RE: Game suddenly shuts down - 11/22/2020 11:51:46 AM   
danoco5907

Noted thanks

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Tech Support >> Game suddenly shuts down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI