Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? - 11/24/2020 9:54:40 AM   
Synesthesia942

I've found independent troop creation to be more useful in most regards, especially early on, so is there any way to assign OHQ commanders to individual troops or to generate them without the need for a full formation with non-OHQ commanders.
Post #: 1
RE: Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? - 11/24/2020 10:29:41 AM   
Destragon

I think you can only do the oppoite, assign independent troops to OHG formations.
Not sure if you're specifically asking for a way besides this one, but you click on an independent unit and press the unit admin button on the right or whatever it's called and give it a new HQ. Every OHG formation can only have 2 independents attached to them.

(in reply to Synesthesia942)
Post #: 2
RE: Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? - 11/24/2020 11:29:39 AM   
Synesthesia942

When I buy the cheapest infantry OHQ formation, I get like 10 stacks of infantry, one of them being OHQ. Are you saying I could assign a tank like the rommulus to this OHQ stack?

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 3
RE: Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? - 11/24/2020 11:55:31 AM   
Destragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Synesthesia942

When I buy the cheapest infantry OHQ formation, I get like 10 stacks of infantry, one of them being OHQ.

It's 5 units + the OHQ.

quote:

Are you saying I could assign a tank like the rommulus to this OHQ stack?

Yeah.

(in reply to Synesthesia942)
Post #: 4
RE: Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? - 12/2/2020 12:59:34 AM   
zgrssd

You can attach up to two independant units to a OHQ, on top on its 5 normal units.
You can replace lost the Troop or OHQ Unit of any given Formation, using the proper part of "Raise Formation".

To my knowledge:
You can not form a OHQ to govern existing units*
You can not turn something raised independantly into a 5+OHQ Formation.

A Formation has to be raised as a Formation.

However what you can do is disband the formation you got, the troops get send back to the SHQ, and then you can "Use SHQ Troops" when raising a new Formation. You will be able to salvage the gear and experience (asuming the guys are not send out as replacements first). But any Unit Feats will be lost in the process.

*Not sure if that actually works right now, but supposedly the SHQ should work as a OHQ for Militia and Indepedant Units that in OHQ Range of it - unless you attach the unit to a proper OHQ, of course.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 12/2/2020 1:01:05 AM >

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Any way to get an OHQ commander without OHQ formation? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI