Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SHQ Logistical problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> SHQ Logistical problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SHQ Logistical problems - 11/23/2020 12:13:55 PM   
Synesthesia942

Noticed that as I conquer further away from the SHQ in my capital, the logistics seem incredibly inefficient (e.g resources being funelled back to the SHQ, producing troops based on those, and sending them back the previous direction).

Due to this I'd like to relocate my SHQ closer to the center of the empire. However, the original SHQ is always far heavier than my logistical capacity due to metal and food, so I'm never able to use "strategic move".

My current approach is to create a 2nd SHQ and do it gradually albeit inefficiently, as otherwise it seems to lose all thematerials if I simply switch the zones to the new 2nd SHQ.

Anyone know of an efficient way to deal with this?

Post #: 1
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/23/2020 4:02:06 PM   
jpwrunyan

I didn't know you could even strat-move the SHQ though I always kinda wondered. Is the strat-move cost dependent on the amount of goods inside it? That's what you make it sound like... I assume the amount of reserve troops inside it also factors in. How do you even get this value???

My problem is that my SHQ hex itself often runs out of logistics points... meaning I raise formations on a hex just outside of it... which feels bizarre. So yeah, very interested in relocation options...

(in reply to Synesthesia942)
Post #: 2
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/23/2020 4:11:11 PM   
Destragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

Is the strat-move cost dependent on the amount of goods inside it?

Yeah.

quote:

My problem is that my SHQ hex itself often runs out of logistics points... meaning I raise formations on a hex just outside of it... which feels bizarre.

That sounds like it shouldn't be possible? When raising troops on other tiles, what essentially happens is that the troops are raised on the SHQ tile and then strat moved to where you wanted them. Did you have multiple SHQs when you did that?

< Message edited by Destragon -- 11/28/2020 10:08:23 PM >

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 3
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/23/2020 4:30:23 PM   
jpwrunyan

No multiple SHQ's. I've been stumped by the issue myself and have not been able to figure out what is causing it. I can clearly see from the "current points" overlay that I have no points on my SHQ even though I will have points on the road/rail network exiting from it.

I had to dig into my old auto-saves but I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about. I've hidden the units to show the current points on the network. But I have some units in the zone garrison. It was a pervasive and stubborn problem for quite a while and the only solution I could think of was to upgrade my rail station (because I didn't want to nationalize the truck station) to increase raw LP on the hex itself. But yeah, it felt weird and unpersuasive to me that garrison units were consuming LP from the hex itself. But I couldn't ever get to the bottom of it.

Edit: to tie this back to the OP, obviously if I don't have LP on the SHQ hex I can't even move the SHQ! Looks like a permanent paralysis.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jpwrunyan -- 11/23/2020 4:33:22 PM >

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 4
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 2:31:56 AM   
KingHalford

Have you got a lot of recruited troops unassigned to units stationed at the SHQ?

When you click on the SHQ with Strat Move selected, it should tell you the unit's weight. Mine is over 9000 (lol!) where a unit with 1000 men would be around weight 100, so you're going to need a significant network to move it.

I honestly didn't even know you could move the SHQ until I saw this post!

< Message edited by KingHalford -- 11/24/2020 2:37:21 AM >

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 5
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 3:33:05 AM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: jpwrunyan

No multiple SHQ's. I've been stumped by the issue myself and have not been able to figure out what is causing it. I can clearly see from the "current points" overlay that I have no points on my SHQ even though I will have points on the road/rail network exiting from it.

I had to dig into my old auto-saves but I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about. I've hidden the units to show the current points on the network. But I have some units in the zone garrison. It was a pervasive and stubborn problem for quite a while and the only solution I could think of was to upgrade my rail station (because I didn't want to nationalize the truck station) to increase raw LP on the hex itself. But yeah, it felt weird and unpersuasive to me that garrison units were consuming LP from the hex itself. But I couldn't ever get to the bottom of it.

Edit: to tie this back to the OP, obviously if I don't have LP on the SHQ hex I can't even move the SHQ! Looks like a permanent paralysis.

Why you didn't want to nationalize the truck station? only on tech 3 militia only starts that seems like a good option, but as soon as you can afford rails, you can afford the happiness hit and have a logistic asset much more productive

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 6
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 9:49:32 AM   
Synesthesia942

I have a screenshot of this logistical issue as early as turn 9, on a new game of the beta 17 patch, but unable to post it due to this being a newly createda count, is there any admin that can post it for me?

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 7
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 10:20:34 AM   
mroyer

or, if you want to e-mail it to me I'd be happy ton post it for you.
mroyer1 at comcast dot net
-Mark R.

Post #: 8
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 11:05:34 AM   
Synesthesia942

Sent!

(in reply to mroyer)
Post #: 9
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 11:18:05 AM   
mroyer

Posted for Synesthesia942:

-Mark R.

Post #: 10
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 5:01:25 PM   
jpwrunyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: KingHalford
Have you got a lot of recruited troops unassigned to units stationed at the SHQ?

Not sure if you were asking me, but yes.

Do replenishment units stationed in the SHQ (not units outside the SHQ in their own stack) consume logistical points from the hex they're on? Do independent/garrison units in the same hex as the SHQ consume LP from the SHQ hex?

I can't think of an alternative explanation but I've had multiple people insist that this is not true.

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 11
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 9:09:08 PM   
gmsitton

The black lines are bottlenecks where your transportation network has hit 100% capacity. I'd improve my truck/rail network.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 12
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/24/2020 9:16:45 PM   
Synesthesia942

Yup, I'm aware. The problem is that is that the logistical network is taxed twice each turn, if you're sending it in and then out.

This creates a severe imbalance where that stretch is hyperloaded compared to other regions. I've found the process of moving SHQ or having several adjacent SHQs to really complicate the game.

It would be great to have an auto-trade feature between SHQs, then you could have several resource centers without needing to seperately and manually trade energy and fuel every turn.

(in reply to gmsitton)
Post #: 13
RE: SHQ Logistical problems - 11/25/2020 7:36:29 PM   
jpwrunyan

It would be great if units in the same hex as the SHQ didn't require logistics points. Also be great if you could raise formations on the same hex as your SHQ without requiring logistics points (actually I'm not sure if I'm remember this part correctly). I can only dream...

< Message edited by jpwrunyan -- 11/25/2020 7:41:44 PM >

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> SHQ Logistical problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI