Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is adding AI control to allied countries so that you can play only as Italy for example, is planned?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Is adding AI control to allied countries so that you can play only as Italy for example, is planned? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is adding AI control to allied countries so that you ca... - 11/26/2020 7:23:31 AM   
lIIlIIlIIl

Is adding AI control to allied countries so that you can play only as Italy for example, is planned?
Post #: 1
RE: Is adding AI control to allied countries so that yo... - 11/26/2020 4:20:33 PM   
AlvaroSousa

No.

But in WarPlan 2 you will be able to control an alliance side.

I might make a Europe/Pacific USA. Not sure yet.

< Message edited by AlvaroSousa -- 11/26/2020 4:21:09 PM >

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to lIIlIIlIIl)
Post #: 2
RE: Is adding AI control to allied countries so that yo... - 11/30/2020 6:07:25 PM   
Omnius

I absolutely hate the idea of having an AI control any of my units, one reason I hate playing games that had that annoying feature. I'd rather control the whole side and move countries in an alliance at the same time.

How would two players share a side like the Axis or Allies in multiplayer mode? I haven't played multiplayer so am not sure how that works compared to hotseat. Would it be easy for two players to share each side, one controlling the European theater while the other manages the Pacific? That would be a nice touch although it means coordinating between 4 players instead of two.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: Is adding AI control to allied countries so that yo... - 12/1/2020 6:27:40 AM   
kaliyama

I love this feature in Strategic Command, especially putting the AI in charge of the Chinese and Soviets and playing only as the US and UK. It is a much more faithful recreation of the problems of command to _not_ have full control over your allies - there was zero coordination and little cooperation between Germany and Japan, and Germany ended up brutally occupying its most significant ally Italy, and Germany's other key allies Hungary and Romania were riven by internal power struggles over which faction to support. Stalin's miserable paranoid view of the world meant his cold war started in arguments with the western allies over delays in opening the second front.

Even the US and the UK were locked in conflict over competing objectives as the UK tried to steer the US towards decisions that would help the UK preserve its empire. The UK's manpower problems led to Montgomery's conservative, set-piece approach to fighting. ABDACOM was one of the worst allied failures in the pacific and the closest the allies came to naval cooperation was minor (tho important) australian contributions throughout and british carriers that arrived in 1945 to strengthen the UK's claim to its pacific holdings.

Inter-allied mechanics that reflect these challenges (e.g. different VP incentives for allies, requiring expenditure of political points/resources to directly control allies' forces) would create more realistic command problems.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Is adding AI control to allied countries so that you can play only as Italy for example, is planned? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI