Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

build up/break down

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> build up/break down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
build up/break down - 11/27/2020 10:19:18 PM   
88mmshock

I'm not sure I'm using the build up/break (b hotkey) down function correctly. I was following the tutorial and I can's see any changes after I select the units and hit b. Do I have to stack the 3 regiments in the same hex, make sure all are selected and then hit b in order to make a division?
Post #: 1
RE: build up/break down - 11/27/2020 11:05:39 PM   
Shupov

Make sure they are all of the same type (e.g. Infantry) and are assigned to the same HQ.

STALINADE

The real RED soda!

(in reply to 88mmshock)
Post #: 2
RE: build up/break down - 11/28/2020 12:07:52 AM   
88mmshock

Thanks. I'll have to make sure I'm doing that.

(in reply to Shupov)
Post #: 3
RE: build up/break down - 11/28/2020 8:23:21 AM   
piotrmx

What regemints do you use. From the same div?

(in reply to 88mmshock)
Post #: 4
RE: build up/break down - 11/28/2020 4:24:44 PM   
88mmshock

Ok I got it to work for me. Thanks for the tips. I used 3 rifle divisions to form a rifle corps. My next quest is to find out if a regular rifle division and a guards rifle div. can be built up to a rifle corp. All units in this scenario are from the same HQ. I also wonder if ski regiments and mountain regiments can be combined with regular reg. if they are all rifle regiments.

I found it very helpful to use merge command to add all those "bits and pieces" regiments and brigades to a larger unit, making one stronger unit. It's quite valuable for a beginner to play this simple scenario (Valikyie Luki)several times over. Very good for experimenting and learning to use the functions. I'm doing much better on this run through.

(in reply to piotrmx)
Post #: 5
RE: build up/break down - 11/28/2020 6:32:47 PM   
Denniss

2x Guard + 1x non-guard. one of them may be a brigade

(in reply to 88mmshock)
Post #: 6
RE: build up/break down - 11/28/2020 7:55:11 PM   
88mmshock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

2x Guard + 1x non-guard. one of them may be a brigade

Perfect, thanks

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: build up/break down - 11/29/2020 1:45:27 AM   
Seminole

quote:

Ok I got it to work for me. Thanks for the tips. I used 3 rifle divisions to form a rifle corps. My next quest is to find out if a regular rifle division and a guards rifle div. can be built up to a rifle corp. All units in this scenario are from the same HQ. I also wonder if ski regiments and mountain regiments can be combined with regular reg. if they are all rifle regiments.

Here are the different unit build-up / breakdown rules:

7.5.3.1. Soviet Buildup and Breakdown Availability

The Soviet ability to buildup or breakdown units is determined by date and type of unit as follows:

Rifle Division (22 June 41): Two or more rifle brigades can buildup into a rifle division. Note that Soviet rifle divisions may not breakdown into brigades. Naval brigades cannot buildup into divisions. See below for buildup of airborne brigades.

Cavalry Corps (December 41): Three cavalry divisions can buildup into a cavalry corps. A cavalry corps can be broken down into three cavalry divisions.

Tank Corps (April 42): Three tank brigades can buildup into a tank corps. A tank corps may be broken down into three tank brigades (designated 1/2/3), but may only be built up again if all three are in the same hex (7.5.3.2).

Guards Rifle Division (March 1942): Three Airborne Brigades can buildup into a rifle division, which will automatically be given Guards status. Airborne brigades may not buildup with any other type of unit.

Rifle Corps (June 42): Three rifle divisions or two rifle divisions and one rifle brigade can buildup into a rifle corps. A rifle corps may be broken down into three rifle divisions (7.5.3.3).

Mechanized Corps (September 42): Three mechanized or motorized brigades can buildup into a mechanized corps. A mechanized corps may be broken down into three mechanized brigades (designated 1/2/3), but may only be built up again if all three are in the same hex (7.5.3.2).

Guards Airborne Division (January 1943): Three airborne brigades can buildup into an airborne division, which will automatically be given Guards status. Airborne brigades may not buildup with any other type of unit.

v1.03 Beta 2 - January 21, 2011
Naval Rifle Brigades may be used to create Rifle Corps.
Restricted Soviet Rifle brigades so they can't merge into Rifle Divisions prior to May-1942.

v1.06.22 - November 29, 2012
Heavy Tank Brigades may not be used to form Soviet Corps.

(in reply to 88mmshock)
Post #: 8
RE: build up/break down - 11/30/2020 1:46:30 AM   
88mmshock

Very helpful, thanks Seminole.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> build up/break down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI