Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ - 12/5/2020 7:27:19 PM   
DSwain

Hello

I'm really enjoying this game, I just recently bought it. I've played the tutorial several times which has been invaluable. What's the suggested next one to play? Or doesn't it really matter? thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ - 12/5/2020 9:41:12 PM   
loki100

I'd make a couple of suggestions

Breakout and Pursuit as the Allies will teach you a lot about using tactical airpower - in effect if you don't do that well you won't match the Allies progress.

Either of Market Garden or Westwall are great as the Allies to explore how to solve supply shortages, you can learn a lot about depot placement/priority and so on - again this is key to making real progress in both scenarios

any of the strategic airwar scenarios are good - just to learn about setting up missions, how to sustain a campaign and so on

Fwiw, I've never taken to any of the purely Italy scenarios but if you have the Torch expansion I'd really recommend the N Africa scenarios. You'll learn a huge amount about force allocation, supply constraints and so on

(in reply to DSwain)
Post #: 2
RE: Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ - 12/6/2020 2:38:57 PM   
DSwain

Thanks loki100, that's really useful. I definitely don't understand the Tac airpower element yet so I'll follow your suggestions.

I think it's a fantastic game so far.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ - 12/11/2020 6:05:54 PM   
actrade

I also just bought the game during the big sale. Wow, at first I was completely overwhelmed but after playing and doing a ton of reading, I'm slowing starting to get an understanding. I'm still not real comfortable with some of the finer points like how/when to move air assets, so I let the AI do it for me for now.

As far as what to do next, I am have a really good time playing the Italy 43-45 campaign. There's some immediately familiarity if you played the Husky tutorial and it isn't overwhelming like the grand campaign, which I'm not going to even try until I get better. Enjoy.

(in reply to DSwain)
Post #: 4
RE: Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ - 12/11/2020 8:43:41 PM   
nukkxx5058

quote:

ORIGINAL: DSwain

Hello

I'm really enjoying this game, I just recently bought it. I've played the tutorial several times which has been invaluable. What's the suggested next one to play? Or doesn't it really matter? thanks

Same ! I'm totally new at it (but have some experience with WITE).
Would you like to train with another newb in a PBEM ? A small/medium size scenario ?
If no , no prob. But I think it could be fun and a nice way to improve without fear ;-)
What do you think ?

(in reply to DSwain)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Which scenario to try after the tutorial?/ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI