Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> AAR >> RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 7/27/2020 11:14:03 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 19

Turn Video

Turn nineteen. This is a bad one for me to say the least, Rebels cut off all our supply lines and take our second city from us. Ugh. Elsewhere we advance on our fourth target city but supply issues are likely to leave most of our troops starving to death pretty soon.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 31
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 7/30/2020 10:11:53 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 20

Turn Video

Turn 20. Our empire contiues to fall to bits because of rebel issues but we will hopefully be able to come back from it. Not the Federation declares war on the ai and we follow suit to grab what territory we can. It's certainly a rough time to be me unfortunately. I also forgot to screenshot the map at end of turn.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 32
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/2/2020 2:48:35 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 21

Turn Video

Turn 21: We are still in recovery from the rebel uprisings and trying to put our territory back together but we recover Liberty City and take Darwin which gives us our four core cities. To the west Not the Federation advances steadily agains the Major AI without our help.

Apologies for the sound quality for this turn, something appears to be off with my acoustics or the ingame sound levels.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 33
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/6/2020 1:03:43 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 22

Turn Video

Turn 22: Recovery from the rebel episode is basically complete but we are short leaders and many of our current ones despise us because of the egoism era. This is pretty rough but we should be able to pull through and look to the future and the first player v player conflict. I even remember to increase recruitment.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 34
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/18/2020 2:36:47 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 23

Turn video

Turn 23, we return after a brief hiatus caused by a player going awol. Now we have a sub things are back in motion. The egoism zeitgeist has left my empire in a sorry state, another rebellion kicks off this turn and we are unable to recruit replacement leaders because our interior council leader was one of the rebels.

Second place isn't bad though!

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 35
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/19/2020 1:13:10 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 24

Turn Video

Turn 24, Having missed some fresh rebels last turn EVEN MORE spawn this turn. Bloody Egoism Zeitgeist. Luckily they dont occupy and destroy my supply depo under construction in the west and we can hopefully clear them off the road in a turn or two.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 36
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/24/2020 10:28:51 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 25

Turn Video

Turn 25, Bloodfort takes two cities and balloons to a third of the world's population by himself so he's looking like a pretty strong contender to run away with the victory. We expand our borders somewhat and rescue the cut off MIlitia unit in our southwest but overall we are still behind in the expansion race. Time to do some diplomacy I guess, Bloodfort is going to win the game unless we manage to do something about it.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 37
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/24/2020 1:28:12 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 26

Turn Video

Turn 26, nothing too dramatic this turn as we continue tto edge outwards and our personnel deficit is finally solved. I do a look around and check the tech of our foes and it's not loking pretty. We have fallen quite far behind on some crucial tech.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 38
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/26/2020 10:26:34 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 27

Turn Video

Turn 27. Again a fairly slow one. In the background there is some diplomacy bubbling away in advance of the first player wars which now all the minors are almost gone should be kicking off soon.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 39
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/27/2020 10:44:19 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 28

Turn Video

Turn 28, another fairly slow turn as we continue to push out our borders and invest heavily in increasing our industrial production. In the background there is some diplomacy bubbling away with what appears to be a general agreement that *something* needs to be done about Bloodfort but nobody wants to be the ones to put their empire on the line.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 40
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/29/2020 12:43:58 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 29

Turn Video

Turn 29. Another fairly quiet one as we spend all our spare industry on road expansion. It's hellishly expensive to build them through thte dense forests so it's our main pain point right now. We are also having issues with recruiting population to be workers so I bump up salaries across the board and cross my fingers it helps.

< Message edited by Saros -- 8/29/2020 12:44:58 PM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 41
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 8/31/2020 12:22:47 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 30

Turn Video

Turn 30. Still fairly quiet as we push our borders out inch by inch. I have largely (touch wood) solved my internal issues it seems apart from the population struggles but even that is improving.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 42
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 9/2/2020 9:57:30 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 31

Turn Video

Turn 31. The quiet before the (expected) storm continues and we invest everything we can in getting more industtry up and running. We are still a bit behind in some crucial techs but witth our ongoing investment in BP production we can hopefully start to close the gap.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 43
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 9/3/2020 12:52:12 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 32

Turn Video

Turn 32. Bloodfort comes to us witth a border proposal that leaves him the big ruins blob to my east and I counter-offer by suggesting I would accept them if he was willing to agree to tech sharing. Elsewhere we continue our mutant extermination and otther expansion.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 44
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 9/11/2020 1:10:52 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 33

Turn Video

Turn 33. Me and Bloodfort have struck a deal, tech sharing in exchange for borders that are advantageous to him. Elsewhere some very annoying mutants decide to cut our supply lines (AGAIN).

< Message edited by Saros -- 9/11/2020 1:11:32 PM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 45
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 9/21/2020 2:02:42 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 34

After some holiday related delays we return to your regularly scheduled logstical nightmare!

Turn Video

Turn 34. To nobody's surprise more AI units manage to cut more supply lines but this time around it's not so bad. Quite a long turn this time as I catch up from a hiatus in the game thanks to players being on holiday. Our massive industry and Bureaucratic push is finally starting to result in some upgraded assets. We are still behind in the tech race but hopefully this lays the foundations for a catch-up.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 46
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 9/23/2020 2:28:23 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 35

Turn Video

Turn 35. Not a single thing goes wrong to my great surprise. We have had some more detente with Orange devil (Bloodfort) and agreed to further border lines. Overall I aam trying to hold off the eventual player v player combat until I can get some not-**** technology to my front lines because right now any fighting would likely not go so well for me.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 47
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 10/14/2020 5:08:43 AM   
eddieballgame

Recently noticed this very well done play through.
Thank you for sharing.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 48
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 10/15/2020 3:49:23 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 36

Turn Video

Turn 36. A fairly quiet turn after an extended IRL break as we finish off the last free city on the planet and try to remember where all the moving pieces of our empire were. The tech lag we are suffering from is even more pronounced now unfortunately and it seems no matter what I do we cannot make up the deficit.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 49
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 10/15/2020 3:50:52 PM   
Saros

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

Recently noticed this very well done play through.
Thank you for sharing.

No worries, glad you're enjoying it! I also have some MP runthrough's of the decisive campaigns series you can check out.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 50
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 10/21/2020 4:43:33 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 37

Turn Video

Turn 37. Another quiet turn and I do a bit of a deeper dive on the info my spies have gathered on the other players. I kind of wish I hadn't from the tech base Bloodfort is working with.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 51
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 10/27/2020 12:33:26 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 38

Turn Video

Well that is some bad ****ing news.

The situtation.

The Feds have cut our road to two Brigades near Limespring, we are unlikely to be able to re-open it but I think we can stop them from advancing much further.

Our Troops

Federation Troops

They have four brigades vs our nine but two of theirs are tanks and one is heavy MG. The laser-tech troops give them a decisive edge but they only have less that 20% of their troops converted to lasers. I would be woried about the tanks but the terrain is nearly all forest so I should be able to hold them off until I can get lasers/polymer-tanks and better RPG's.

Right now we should be able to hold as our troops on the defensive are about as good as his on the attack apart from his tanks and they will be disadvantaged by the terrain. I think long term we have enough of an economic advantage to win this but it will be a bloody grind in the jungle and the game is now Bloodfort's to win as this will let them pick whoever they want to devour while two players are distracted.

< Message edited by Saros -- 10/27/2020 12:34:18 PM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 52
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 11/12/2020 11:45:31 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 39

Turn Video

Turn 39 and the war starts in earnest! I think Not-Feds has miscalculated where to position their initial troops as the bulk of their forces are pressing on Limespring which I will be giving up without a fight due to the terrible logistical issues of holding the road all the way there.

Sneak peek

From the AI turn replay at the end of my turn it seems the Not-Fed spearhead got cut off by my own rebels.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 53
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 11/14/2020 1:45:54 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 40

Turn Video

Turn 40. Not the Federation's offensive stalls as he seems to spot the threat to his flanks and we finally complete polymer armor which will let us design better tanks. However I am pretty sure that in my attempt to keep the video time down I forgot to actually tell the model design council to get cracking on a new tank model. Bummer!

< Message edited by Saros -- 11/14/2020 1:46:07 PM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 54
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 11/21/2020 12:31:06 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 41

Turn Video

Turn 41. The front with Not the Federation remains fairly stable as he is unable to bring his superior tanks to bear in the very dense terrain. I threaten his flanks but he is recruiting new brigades to cover them so it's unlikley I will be able to complete any real encirclements.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 55
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 11/25/2020 12:52:26 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 42

Turn Video

Turn 42. A turn of turnaround as we try to cut off Not the Federation's armored spearhead and pile in enough troops to hopefully hold the pocket closed! I also discuss the diplomatic situation and what the future may have in store. Our new tank model also rolls very high on its design rolls to my great delight.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 56
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 11/29/2020 1:35:57 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 43

Turn Video

Turn 43. Not the Federation makes an attempt to break our encirclement and pushes elsewhere on the front. We do what local counter-attacks we can and shore up the line.

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 57
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 12/2/2020 11:48:23 AM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 44

Turn Video

Well, no video this turn as OBS seems to have crapped out on me and not recorded the video.

Turn 44. In which I get utterly wrecked by my SHQ and OHQ commanders failing their rolls, I lose over 100 tanks and 2000 infantry on counter-attacks which really should have worked thanks to this. I also do an economic survey with the conclusion that NtF can't defeat me long term but right now is throwing the game to BloodFort.

Some Stats

< Message edited by Saros -- 12/2/2020 11:55:00 AM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 58
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 12/4/2020 2:48:25 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 45

Turn Video

Turn 45. Not the Federation makes a final attempt to break out his surrounded troops but to no avail. We do however lose a number of our own to his brand spanking new laser-tanks. Yikes. The buildup also continues along the Bloodfort/Bolton border.

Here are NtF's new tanks compared to mine.

< Message edited by Saros -- 12/4/2020 2:53:38 PM >

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 59
RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR - 12/6/2020 5:56:39 PM   
Saros

Ruined Megapolis Turn 46

Turn Video

Turn 46. Not the Federation carries out some desultory attacks and our counter-attacks pus hhim back in a few hexes. The front is mostly stable in the heavy forested terrain and this is looking like the grinding war of attrition

Looks like I forgot the screenshots for this one. Oops!

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> AAR >> RE: Ruined Megapolis Multiplayer AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI