Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

the movie FURY

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> the movie FURY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
the movie FURY - 5/12/2018 3:28:53 PM   
fuselex

interesting , hard to imagine conflict as a tank crew unless you have done it .
A couple of lines stood out.

Ideals are peaceful,
History is violent.

Post #: 1
RE: the movie FURY - 5/12/2018 5:36:14 PM   
UP844

In my opinion, the only thing standing out in "Fury" was the appearance of a real Tiger I (and the proper use of WP rounds by the Shermans to blind it).

After that brief touch of reality, the movie went downhill at amazing speed: the sequence showing Brad Pitt's Sherman and the Tiger running in circles is straight out from World of Tanks and utterly ridicolous.

Just before the final battle we see a column of Germans that - as you could expect so late in the war - are equipped with a lot of Panzerfausts. When they discover the immobilised Sherman, they suddenly forget they had them and start a mad banzai charge against the American tank. Not even ToTH's AI would have been soo foolish.

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 2
RE: the movie FURY - 5/12/2018 6:19:03 PM   
rico21

Nein, Nein, Nein, my next scenario is not "Jackson's Fury" but "Jackson's Fire"!

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 3
RE: the movie FURY - 5/13/2018 5:04:20 PM   
slaphappypappy

quote:

Just before the final battle we see a column of Germans that - as you could expect so late in the war - are equipped with a lot of Panzerfausts. When they discover the immobilised Sherman, they suddenly forget they had them and start a mad banzai charge against the American tank. Not even ToTH's AI would have been soo foolish

Agreed. They never outflanked that Bow Machine Gun and were slaughtered. Infantry on an immobilized tank without infantry support of their own, would be a short battle in their favor as the turret couldn't keep up with flanking both sides.
But that's Hollywood for ya.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 4
RE: the movie FURY - 12/3/2020 5:33:27 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: UP844

In my opinion, the only thing standing out in "Fury" was the appearance of a real Tiger I (and the proper use of WP rounds by the Shermans to blind it).

After that brief touch of reality, the movie went downhill at amazing speed: the sequence showing Brad Pitt's Sherman and the Tiger running in circles is straight out from World of Tanks and utterly ridicolous.

Just before the final battle we see a column of Germans that - as you could expect so late in the war - are equipped with a lot of Panzerfausts. When they discover the immobilised Sherman, they suddenly forget they had them and start a mad banzai charge against the American tank. Not even ToTH's AI would have been soo foolish.

The problem was that there was no tactical reason for the Tiger to advance as it did. Yes, it was blinded, but to just move forward and become vulnerable to the enemy like that? I'm sure the Tiger would have just relocated.

Of course, it was done for Fury to be the hero.

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 5
RE: the movie FURY - 12/11/2020 2:09:10 AM   
DoubleDeuce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

The problem was that there was no tactical reason for the Tiger to advance as it did. Yes, it was blinded, but to just move forward and become vulnerable to the enemy like that? I'm sure the Tiger would have just relocated.

Of course, it was done for Fury to be the hero.

Yeah, they would likely have backed down out of that position, staying behind cover while relocating to another position and popped up somewhere else.

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> the movie FURY Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI