Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 1.03.00 is now live

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Version 1.03.00 is now live Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 5:07:00 PM   
manickennel

Hello everyone,

Bill & Hubert have been hard at work on the latest updates to WW1 and we are pleased to present version 1.03.00 (direct download link)

GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- Fixed a Maritime Bomber error that did not take into account its ASW when attacking a sub (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed a FoW error that would cause subs to disappear from the screen when they were in Silent mode and within a shroud lifted area after a friendly Carrier would move within spotting range but not adjacent to the sub (Mithrilloter).
- Fixed a convoy path checking error that did not consider control of Land + Sea hexes when checking for proper convoy path validity (sschnar1).
- Fixed a combat error that did not have friendly artillery return fire from an controlled Heavy Artillery attack if within range (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an enemy raider unit display error under fog of war if the raider unit was a Tactical or Medium bomber (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed a port control switching error for when a country surrenders as it was switching under some rare conditions when it should not have been (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed a supply map display error (from pressing the 'S' key in game) that showed an incorrect supply distribution value from HQs from nations above #COUNTRY_ID = 100, e.g. Sudan or similar (Mithrilotter).
- Fixed an error that had naval units reduced to 1 AP when there would be ice on their current hex, but there was no ice visible on the map due to the 'Weather' option being disabled (Ken Schultz).
- Fixed an error that had some countries lose their Primary and Secondary supply positions when their capitals had moved (MJY).
- Fixed an error that did not properly boost an HQs supply, via HQ linking and boosting, in some rare cases when it should have otherwise been boosted.
- Fixed an error that allowed armored trains or rail guns to be placed upon non rail hexes (PvtBenjamin).
- Fixed a sub mode change error whereby selecting to set a sub already in Silent mode, into Silent mode once again, incorrectly reduces its action points by 1/3 (Hotzn).
- Renamed Naval/Tactical mode for Carriers to Bombers (epekepe).
- User saves versus the AI will now remember the last map position and center on that position when loading the save (John Fireheart).
- Computer spotting range bonuses, as set in the OPTIONS screen, will no longer include extended spotting of Naval Mines (Hotzn).
- HQ supply rules, plus boosting/linking rules recap:
- HQ units, after amphibiously unloading, start at 10 supply and maintain supply for up to 5 turns with a drop of 2 supply points per turn. This is similar to Special Forces, and allows the HQ to act as a Mulberry for an initial landing until further supply sources are achieved.
- HQ distribution supply:
- HQ supply = 0 will have a distribution supply value of 3 (previously it was 5).
- HQ supply 1 or 2 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
- HQ supply 3 or 4 will have a distribution supply value of 6 (previously it was 8).
- HQ supply 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
- HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
- HQ boosting can only be achieved if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3 (previously it was > 0).
- the HQ to be boosted must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically increased to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
- this will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.
- LOW SUPPLY HQ boosting can only be achieved if the source HQ has a supply value >= 1 and < 3.
- the HQ to be boosted must have a supply value < 3 and is now automatically increased to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 6.
- Between two HQs, the higher rated HQ receives the boost, the lower rated HQ is the source of the boost.
- Source HQs of a supply boost to another HQ are now highlighted with a yellow hex outline, indicating they are the source of the supply boost, when clicking on the recipient HQ.
- Air units do not receive supply from an HQ unless they are attached.
- Under supplied Air units, due to not being attached to an HQ, will be indicated by a red hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.
- Under supplied Air units, attached to an HQ but not to the most optimal supply giving HQ, will be indicated by a purple hatch beneath the applicable Air unit.

EDITOR CHANGES
- Fixed a 'TEXT' folder file read error that required an extra empty line at the end of the file in order to be properly processed/read (OnlineGeneral).
- Fixed a Help File launch error (OnlineGeneral).
- Fixed a unit renaming/properties screen issue that incorrectly added duplicate names to the unit build lists.
- Fixed an issue whereby HQs that were set to not be reformable, were still reforming in game once destroyed.
- Added a #VICTORY_PERCENTAGE= line for the VICTORY scripts to be used for tournament point calculations.

All Europe wide Campaigns
- US AI will now try and transport troops to the UK if France surrenders.
- UK and US AI will now try to amphibiously land along the French coast if France surrenders.
- Maritime Bombers’ base Naval and Sub attack values reduced from 3 to 1 (MVP7).
- If Verdun falls to the Central Powers and is then liberated by the Entente, then France’s National Morale will rise by 4,000 points via dummy DE 657.
- If Belfort falls to the Central Powers and is then liberated by the Entente, then France’s National Morale will rise by 1,000 points via dummy DE 658.
- If Lille falls to the Central Powers and is then liberated by the Entente, then France’s National Morale will rise by 1,000 points via dummy DE 659.
- If Nancy falls to the Central Powers and is then liberated by the Entente, then France’s National Morale will rise by 1,000 points via dummy DE 660.
- Information on the National Morale effect on the UK of unrestricted naval warfare, and the effect on Germany of the Entente’s naval blockades added to the Strategy Guides (mdsmall).
- If Germany doesn’t sign the Brest-Litovsk Treaty then Russian National Morale will be boosted by 15,000 rather than 6,000 points (MVP7).
- Russia will now only withdraw from the war when its National Morale falls below 1% if Lenin is not sent to Russia (i.e. DE 619 = NO). Otherwise it can leave the war via the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, or if its capitals are captured (MVP7).
- All Partisan locations in Russia can now spawn Partisan units.
- Reduced the maximum chits that can be invested in Artillery Weapons from 3 to 2 for all countries except the USA (Tanaka; Taxman66).
- All Infantry and Cavalry now start with Artillery Defense of 0.5 so that now their Artillery Defense will reach 1 (and therefore become effective) when they are upgraded with Infantry Weapons level 1.
- All Artillery types can now only gain a maximum of 2 experience points rather than 3.
- Hex 41,126 changed from Weather Zone 25 to 26 (BiteNibbleChomp).
- Germany’s border with Denmark has been moved further north to include hexes 163,67, 164,67 and 165,67 (Platoonist).
- Italian National Morale scripts for Rome, Naples, Syracuse and Palermo corrected (Xsilione).
- SURRENDER_2 events with 24[1] now have a Variable Condition of Russia being aligned with the Entente and not surrendered (Michael Scholz).
- Bulgaria will now only gain Southern Dobruja following the signing of the Treaty of Bucharest if it is fully mobilized and aligned with the Central Powers (FOARP).
- DE 629 for Germany to sign the Treaty of Bucharest now requires Bucharest to be in Central Powers’ hands to be presented (FOARP).
- Yugoslavia; Czechoslovakia; Hungary and Poland will now take 2-3 turns to join the Entente after being formed.
- Added text mouse hovering over the raiding hexes off Canada, the US and Italy.
- Added Naval Loops to remove any Entente naval units from the Sea of Marmara if the UK signs an armistice with the Ottoman Empire via DE 149 (marionmco).
- Spaces added to the Notes section of DE 619 Germany: Send Lenin To Russia? so that the atmospheric text is separate from the historical explanation.
- France’s National Morale will now suffer a 4,000 point penalty if the Entente declare war on Spain (Chernobyl).

1914 Call to Arms and 1914 Triple Alliance
- Highlight added to show in red when there are less than 6 German units within 5 hexes of Warsaw after the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk has been signed.
- Amended the Mobilization_ 3 scripts for the Ottomans triggered by DE 108 so they are now triggered by DE 110, as this will ensure they only fire if the Ottomans had previously entered the war (ack105).
- Increased the National Morale penalties for Austria-Hungary losing Lemberg and Przemysl from 1,000 points to 2,500 points (eightroomofelixir).
- The Indian unit triggered by DE 108 now has an alternative arrival location in Kuwait in case Basra is occupied by an Ottoman unit when it is due to arrive there (ice_strength).
- French AI will only invade the Netherlands, after Belgium 25% of the time if the Central Powers have not invaded Belgium beforehand.
- Added 2 levels of Ground Cover to the Bulgarian Detachment in Sofia (OldCrowBalthazor).
- Changed Uskub from being a Secondary Supply Center to be an Industrial Center (OldCrowBalthazor).
- POP Up added for games against the Entente AI informing Germany that the Entente may invade Belgium and the Netherlands, providing them with the option to turn this off (Flharfh).
- The National Morale penalty for the Entente declaring war on Belgium increased from 4,000 to 8,000 points for the UK and 2,000 to 3,000 points for France (Flharfh).
- French AI will no longer focus on defending hex 160,86 (stockwellpete, Tanaka).

1914 Triple Alliance
- Libya now starts occupied by Italy and the Italian National Morale script relating to the fall of Tripoli has been corrected (mdsmall).

1917 Fate of Nations
- Added half strength Szent István Dreadnought to the 1917 campaign at Durazzo (hottegetthoff).

1918 Ludendorff Offensive
- Corrected the Unit Costs and Combat Target Statistics for US infantry and Cavalry divisions, and for Portuguese, Italian and Austro-Hungarian infantry divisions. Portuguese divisions will still be inferior to all others (Xsillione).
- Corrected the Unit Costs and Combat Target Statistics for US infantry and Cavalry divisions, and for Portuguese, Italian and Austro-Hungarian infantry divisions. Portuguese divisions will still be inferior to all others (Xsillione; Captain Tuttle).

All Campaigns
- Updated the Supply and Victory script headings.
- Added Tournament scoring to the Victory scripts.

Quite a list! Thanks for playing, thanks for your feedback and we hope you enjoy this latest version of WWI.

< Message edited by ledrobi -- 2/25/2021 3:09:46 PM >

Producer of Strategic Command, Commander, Field of Glory and a few other things besides.
Post #: 1
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 5:28:27 PM   
MVP7

Sounds good! It will be especially interesting to see how how artillery balance and progression is with these changes. I also wonder how the middle-eastern front will play out with even more limited supply levels.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose but there seems to be some old 1.02 changes listed along the new 1.03 changes there.

(in reply to manickennel)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 7:19:06 PM   
stockwellpete

Fabulous list of changes. Can I just clarify the artillery changes as I am still getting to grips with the game. In the list they are . . .

1 - Reduced the maximum chits that can be invested in Artillery Weapons from 3 to 2 for all countries except the USA (Tanaka; Taxman66).
2 - All Infantry and Cavalry now start with Artillery Defense of 0.5 so that now their Artillery Defense will reach 1 (and therefore become effective) when they are upgraded with Infantry Weapons level 1.
3 - All Artillery types can now only gain a maximum of 2 experience points rather than 3.

So number 1 is intended to slow down the rate of research in artillery tech. It doesn't affect investment in gas/shells which is treated as a separate category. To be honest, I didn't actually realise that you could invest 3 chits in artillery weapons tech. So players have been doing this quite a bit have they, and then claiming back 50% of the third (superfluous) chit when level 2 tech is reached. How much effect will this have? If you play as the Germans under the previous system, for example, and within a couple of months of the start you had invested 3 chits in Artillery Weapons, when was level 2 Artillery Weapons Tech achieved by? Mid-1915 approx? When will it be achieved by now under this new system? Some time in 1916?

Number 2 is straightforward and really makes Infantry Weapons Tech level 1 a top priority. I expect more experienced players will say that it always should be, but so far I have prioritised things like Trenches, Industrial and Infantry Morale before Infantry Weapons Tech.

Number 3 again is straightforward except I don't know the approximate percentage reduction in artillery effectiveness this will cause. Can anyone tell me (roughly)? Thanks.

(in reply to MVP7)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 10:25:24 PM   
Chernobyl

It looks like these changes don't affect save games because I am looking at some saved hotseat games and neither the artillery defense nor the artillery research restriction seem to be in effect. They are there if I start a new game though.

(in reply to stockwellpete)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 10:30:13 PM   
Easter80

A false sending. Sorry.

< Message edited by Easter80 -- 12/7/2020 10:34:12 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 10:31:11 PM   
Raptor341

quote:

ORIGINAL: stockwellpete

Fabulous list of changes. Can I just clarify the artillery changes as I am still getting to grips with the game. In the list they are . . .

1 - Reduced the maximum chits that can be invested in Artillery Weapons from 3 to 2 for all countries except the USA (Tanaka; Taxman66).
2 - All Infantry and Cavalry now start with Artillery Defense of 0.5 so that now their Artillery Defense will reach 1 (and therefore become effective) when they are upgraded with Infantry Weapons level 1.
3 - All Artillery types can now only gain a maximum of 2 experience points rather than 3.

So number 1 is intended to slow down the rate of research in artillery tech. It doesn't affect investment in gas/shells which is treated as a separate category. To be honest, I didn't actually realise that you could invest 3 chits in artillery weapons tech. So players have been doing this quite a bit have they, and then claiming back 50% of the third (superfluous) chit when level 2 tech is reached. How much effect will this have? If you play as the Germans under the previous system, for example, and within a couple of months of the start you had invested 3 chits in Artillery Weapons, when was level 2 Artillery Weapons Tech achieved by? Mid-1915 approx? When will it be achieved by now under this new system? Some time in 1916?

Number 2 is straightforward and really makes Infantry Weapons Tech level 1 a top priority. I expect more experienced players will say that it always should be, but so far I have prioritized things like Trenches, Industrial and Infantry Morale before Infantry Weapons Tech.

Number 3 again is straightforward except I don't know the approximate percentage reduction in artillery effectiveness this will cause. Can anyone tell me (roughly)? Thanks.

I just released a mod (that was immediately made out of date by this latest patch, which is ok) to address point 1. In my first game of SC WW1 PBEM I was able to hit Artillery Weapons level 2 by early 1916 but over-investing in Artillery early in the game. Needless to say, combined with other successes, I was able to knock out France and Russia without much difficulty by 1917. Overall, I think being able to invest more than 2 chits max in any area can cause the research to progress too fast, other than for the USA. I'm going to consider updating my mod again for 1.03 but these changes are indeed welcome to ensure that the game does not tech up a drastically faster rate than historical.

Post #: 6
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 10:33:22 PM   
Easter80

Hello Hubert and Bill.

I'm still missing Newfoundland as an independent country as it was a dominion within the British Commonwealth. So I've gotta create a customized mod like before for adding it historically correct, but all in all the SC game series is amazing to me and everytime it's a lots of fun for me gaming it. Greetings.

< Message edited by Easter80 -- 12/19/2020 8:38:27 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/7/2020 10:58:44 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Truly awesome fixes....now pbem games may last to 1918 after all!

(in reply to Easter80)
Post #: 8
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 12:33:13 AM   
Chernobyl

quote:

All Partisan locations in Russia can now spawn Partisan units.

Does this mean that Russia will now have to keep additional units in certain cities to prevent partisan spawns, or does this only affect Central Powers if they take Russian cities?

Or wait perhaps all those P hexes in Russia only spawn anti-Central Powers partisans? I thought they might spawn anti-Russian partisans.

< Message edited by Chernobyl -- 12/8/2020 12:38:39 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 1:56:36 AM   
Tanaka

Loving the new changes thank you Devs!!

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 10
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 12:25:21 PM   
falco148

Can you please supply a link on here to download the latest patch? (1.03.00). Some of us in foreign parts cant download via the game link.

Thanks.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 11
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 1:15:27 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

It looks like these changes don't affect save games because I am looking at some saved hotseat games and neither the artillery defense nor the artillery research restriction seem to be in effect. They are there if I start a new game though.

That is right, in the sense that campaign changes never affect ongoing games, they will only affect new games.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 12
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 1:16:06 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

quote:

All Partisan locations in Russia can now spawn Partisan units.

Does this mean that Russia will now have to keep additional units in certain cities to prevent partisan spawns, or does this only affect Central Powers if they take Russian cities?

Or wait perhaps all those P hexes in Russia only spawn anti-Central Powers partisans? I thought they might spawn anti-Russian partisans.

This affects the Central Powers only.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 13
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 1:18:16 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: stockwellpete

Number 2 is straightforward and really makes Infantry Weapons Tech level 1 a top priority. I expect more experienced players will say that it always should be, but so far I have prioritised things like Trenches, Industrial and Infantry Morale before Infantry Weapons Tech.

I think you've grasped it all there, and 3) should just help prevent artillery getting uber-powerful, while also rendering it slightly more vulnerable than it would have been to enemy attack.

Post #: 14
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 1:19:17 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: falco148

Can you please supply a link on here to download the latest patch? (1.03.00). Some of us in foreign parts cant download via the game link.

Thanks.

I believe this will be added to the top post shortly, in the meantime, this is a direct download link here

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 12/8/2020 1:20:16 PM >

(in reply to falco148)
Post #: 15
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/8/2020 1:19:46 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: MVP7

Sounds good! It will be especially interesting to see how how artillery balance and progression is with these changes. I also wonder how the middle-eastern front will play out with even more limited supply levels.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose but there seems to be some old 1.02 changes listed along the new 1.03 changes there.

Yes, what happened is that I made some changes for 1.02, particularly with respect to the Ludendorff Offensive campaign, but something must have gone wrong and they weren't included in that patch so I had to make them again.

(in reply to MVP7)
Post #: 16
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/12/2020 6:52:47 PM   
wlape3

This would be especially helpful since Server#1 appear to be AWOL.

(in reply to falco148)
Post #: 17
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/16/2020 9:21:46 AM   
Snapcount

"cough-cough"..

New buyer to the game. Even i have problems to get the nevest version of the game..

Sincearly // Snapcount

(in reply to wlape3)
Post #: 18
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/16/2020 1:34:27 PM   
Hubert Cater

Sorry to hear about the trouble for those still having issues downloading the patches... at this point I would suggest perhaps contacting support to see if they can help:

https://www.matrixgames.com/contacts

(in reply to Snapcount)
Post #: 19
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/17/2020 3:10:30 PM   
manickennel

We're not aware of any particular issues and the link at the top of this thread works fine for me. But do please let us know if you are still unable to download and we'll see what we can do.

Producer of Strategic Command, Commander, Field of Glory and a few other things besides.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 20
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/17/2020 7:59:38 PM   
NAVMAN

Link does not work for me either.

Thx

Post #: 21
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 12/31/2020 11:09:34 PM   
redmusic

Download link doesnt work simply re opens forum page, updater on actual game wont " create handle", not very good really is it, please fix this ...

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 22
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 1/1/2021 9:52:42 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Redmusic,

When I try and click on the link, it opens up a popup window with the option to save the file. Maybe you have popups disabled or something similar preventing the option for you to download from the link at the top of the page? Not sure, just trying to help you figure out why it isn't appearing for you etc.

For the in game updater I would try contacting Matrix support directly, seems to work for most, but not for all players like yourself here.

Hubert

(in reply to redmusic)
Post #: 23
RE: Version 1.03.00 is now live - 1/2/2021 1:02:41 AM   
redmusic

Hi , thanks for the reply, i do have a popup but it usually doesnt stop me just asks if i want to, i loaded my VPN to England and it let me download the update, wierd.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Version 1.03.00 is now live Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI