Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issues with Map Scrolling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Issues with Map Scrolling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/17/2020 2:56:54 PM   
nac452

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help me at all.
This is the first time I've posted. But I'm having issues with the map Scrolling in Windows 10
I have been working with someone in Slitherine/Matrix Support on the issue, and they are now out of ideas and suggest I post on here.
I have reached the point now where the map will not scroll at all. When I move my mouse pointer to 3 of the edges it just (jumps/Flickers) and ends up in the same location it started. On moving the mouse pointer to the 4th edge (the left hand one) absolutely nothing happens at all. If I click anywhere in the mini map once again nothing at all happens and I remain with the view the game loaded with.
On advice from Slitherine/Matrix Support I have added the following switches to the command line one at a time.
"[C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 -py1080 -dd_sw -deepColor -altFont -archive
The only benifit Ive gained from this is that now units when selected INSTANTLY display the card of what they are, whereas originally they took around 5 or more seconds to pop up.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
NAC452
Post #: 1
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/17/2020 3:23:51 PM   
GetAssista

The thread next door discusses several more potentially helpful command line params https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4926248
Give them a try. On Win10 it is always trial and error with the parameters, but most people I see here seem to resolve their issues successfully eventually

< Message edited by GetAssista -- 12/17/2020 3:24:21 PM >

(in reply to nac452)
Post #: 2
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/17/2020 4:52:02 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nac452

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help me at all.
This is the first time I've posted. But I'm having issues with the map Scrolling in Windows 10
I have been working with someone in Slitherine/Matrix Support on the issue, and they are now out of ideas and suggest I post on here.
I have reached the point now where the map will not scroll at all. When I move my mouse pointer to 3 of the edges it just (jumps/Flickers) and ends up in the same location it started. On moving the mouse pointer to the 4th edge (the left hand one) absolutely nothing happens at all. If I click anywhere in the mini map once again nothing at all happens and I remain with the view the game loaded with.
On advice from Slitherine/Matrix Support I have added the following switches to the command line one at a time.
"[C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 -py1080 -dd_sw -deepColor -altFont -archive
The only benifit Ive gained from this is that now units when selected INSTANTLY display the card of what they are, whereas originally they took around 5 or more seconds to pop up.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
NAC452

I could not play the game at 1920X1080 when I had to switch to Win 10. I had to move the Windows 10 Command strip to the right side of the screen and resize it by dragging the edge to the right to keep it from interfering with my game window. Check your video card and monitor native resolutions (right click on your desktop and select video resolution) and try the first one less than that resolution.
Also make sure your switches are in the direct shortcut to the game engine (War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe), not the Autorun.exe menu shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and check the properties.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to nac452)
Post #: 3
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/17/2020 6:12:47 PM   
Sardaukar

Plus never copy the switches from PDF but write hyphens (-) with keyboard, since those PDF hyphens are not correct hyphens and game won't recognize the switch if just copying from PDF.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/17/2020 9:53:15 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar
Plus never copy the switches from PDF but write hyphens (-) with keyboard, since those PDF hyphens are not correct hyphens and game won't recognize the switch if just copying from PDF.

Haaa, this one is subtle indeed And the game does not give you any indication that anything is wrong either

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/18/2020 8:47:57 AM   
nac452

Thank you all for the info.
I have now tried the following:
I changed my native resolution. Both by right clicking desktop (as suggested by BBfanboy) and as I have an NVIDIA graphics card in the setting for that also. I changed 1 level down from the native 1920 X 1080 to 1768 X 992. and as suggested by Sardaukar I physically typed the command line setting into the Target line in the shortcut (Which is a shortcut created directly to the EXE file and not the autorun file)
Sadly neither of these made any difference :-( So I am still open to suggestions.
Many thanks
Kind Regards
NAC452

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 6
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/18/2020 12:00:00 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

What happens if you use the keyboard cursor keys instead of the mouse to move the map?

Also have you tried unplugging your XBox control and then reboot Windows?

(in reply to nac452)
Post #: 7
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/18/2020 12:55:14 PM   
nac452

Hi VPaulus
Thanks for the response.
I just tried both of those suggestions. The keyboard cursor keys do exactly what the mouse did, and unplugging my XBox controller and rebooting made no difference either I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway
Kind Regards
NAC452

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 8
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/18/2020 7:17:35 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Hi VPaulus
Thanks for the response.
I just tried both of those suggestions. The keyboard cursor keys do exactly what the mouse did, and unplugging my XBox controller and rebooting made no difference either I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway
Kind Regards
NAC452

I noticed you are not using the -dd_sw switch. I vaguely recall having to use this to fix something when I was forced to use Win10. Can't hurt to try it out.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to nac452)
Post #: 9
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/18/2020 7:59:51 PM   
Sardaukar

Yes, -dd_sw did it for me.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Issues with Map Scrolling - 12/18/2020 9:20:02 PM   
nac452

Hi BBfanboy
Thank you for the response, but I believe I do have the switch you mention in my command line already.
From my original post:

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 -py1080 -dd_sw -deepColor -altFont -archive
Just after the resolution setting it has -dd_sw.
I have tried lowering that resolution too as you suggested earlier, still sadly with no joy

Many thanks
Kind regards
NAC452

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Issues with Map Scrolling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI