Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New DLC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> New DLC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New DLC - 12/23/2020 12:38:13 PM   
Emperor_Meiji

If Matrixgames were ever to make a DLC I wish it was for a Grand Campaign that starts at the Battle of the Coral Sea
Post #: 1
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 3:34:59 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emperor_Meiji

If Matrixgames were ever to make a DLC I wish it was for a Grand Campaign that starts at the Battle of the Coral Sea

DLC?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Emperor_Meiji)
Post #: 2
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 3:48:07 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 3:51:01 PM   
Sardaukar

There was one, May 1942 start, I think. Problem was, unlike Dec 1941, IJA/IJN dispositions were not well-documented.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 4
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 3:57:10 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

Yes I knew it meant scenario, but I want to know what DLC stands for.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 5
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 4:01:32 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

DownLoadable Content. Plenty of newer games offer expansions through online purchases.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 4:14:18 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

DownLoadable Content. Plenty of newer games offer expansions through online purchases.

Yes, for my two Christmas presents one comes complete with the new DLCs but the other one I had to pay for the DLCs.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 7
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 4:20:31 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

Thanks for answering my question.

To the original poster: the game engine is very old - 2009 for this game and with a pedigree that goes back to Uncommon Valor many years before. None of the developers will be developing new material for the game. They have supported it far longer than most games already and there is not enough potential profit to spend the resources doing such development.
That said, users have created many scenarios using the database Editor that comes with the game. You could change the game start to May 1942 and eliminate the historic losses to that time from the scenario database - a lot more work than you might think. Losses would include some of the pilots and leaders and you might have to put damage on some ships that were in port repairing and upgrading at the time. Muchos research required.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 8
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 4:33:29 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

To the original poster: the game engine is very old - 2009 for this game and with a pedigree that goes back to Uncommon Valor many years before. None of the developers will be developing new material for the game. They have supported it far longer than most games already and there is not enough potential profit to spend the resources doing such development.
That said, users have created many scenarios using the database Editor that comes with the game. You could change the game start to May 1942 and eliminate the historic losses to that time from the scenario database - a lot more work than you might think. Losses would include some of the pilots and leaders and you might have to put damage on some ships that were in port repairing and upgrading at the time. Muchos research required.

Or just let the computer play itself up to then and then step in and finish the game.

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 4:40:25 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

DLC?

Think Scenario.

You’re welcome.

Nikademus made a May 42 scenario, back then, which can be found in the list of scenarios in the Scenario & Modding sub-forum (Here but I don’t know if it’s still playable. And he was clear it was not perfect, nor an accurate simulation (for all the reasons you listed). And without AI files, so PBEM only.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 5:22:43 PM   
Randy Stead

I know it is not new DLC, but I just installed the Kamikaze map mod. It is gorgeous to my aging eyes. The stock map was very pretty but it was rather dazzling to my eyes. I much prefer the subtle shading and WiF style map, with dots in sea grids in place of hexagons.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 11
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 5:47:25 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Randy Stead

I know it is not new DLC, but I just installed the Kamikaze map mod. It is gorgeous to my aging eyes. The stock map was very pretty but it was rather dazzling to my eyes. I much prefer the subtle shading and WiF style map, with dots in sea grids in place of hexagons.

When you install maps, make sure they’re not made for mods. Some of the mods change the layout of the land, and the map file is only graphics.

(in reply to Randy Stead)
Post #: 12
RE: New DLC - 12/23/2020 6:16:37 PM   
Randy Stead

Thanks for the advice. Right now I have no plans for changing anything other than the stock map.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> New DLC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI