Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Something different - be my OPFOR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Something different - be my OPFOR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Something different - be my OPFOR - 12/25/2020 8:43:25 PM   
hellfish6

Hi. I'm interesting in making something of an operational-level scenario that lasts for about 72 hours. I'm getting kinda tired of playing against myself, where I am one side and I know roughly when and where the enemy is, even with a lot of randomization happening.

As such, I'd like to try something. Make me an enemy to fight.

Attached is the scenario I'd like to try.

Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to make me a Chinese OPFOR that can destroy me.

Namely, build a force and/or missions to destroy the Malaysian air and naval warfighting capabilities and force a capitulation.

Singapore will defend itself, and probably provide 12-24 fighters to support Malaysia.

Some rough guidance:

1. Please keep it within the realm of the believable
2. The scenario is set in 2030. Think of what the Chinese might have in service, and in what numbers.
3. Malaysia is never going to be high threat to China, so assume the very best stuff is reserved for Taiwan/US/Japan/India threats in the north, east or west. Assume a fight is happening in Taiwan that prevents the best stuff from being used.
4. No real geographical restrictions other than the no-nav areas already on the map. But again - be realistic. No Chinese missile ships docked in Singapore, and in today's day and age it's extremely unlikely Chinese bombers can be based in Indonesia without anyone taking a photo on their cellphone.
5. Feel free to use subs, amphibious assaults, mines, bombers, cruise missiles, South China Sea bases, etc.

I haven't picked my own Malay forces yet. For guidance, I suggest taking a look at the RMN and RMAF wiki pages, as I will use these for guidance. I won't go super crazy - Malaysia isn't getting the Su-57 or F-35 - but I'll likely give them a respectable capability. My min/max limits are roughly what the Malays have today for minimums and maybe something similar to what Algeria fields today as the maximum (Some Su-30s, modern frigates, decent Kilo-class SSKs, etc. but not nearly as many). Aside from some Singaporean fighters, Malaysia will be alone. It'll also only have 'regular' proficiency.

I've added most Malaysian bases of note to the map already.

Interested? Let me know if you have any questions or need me to add/subtract anything from the map for targeting purposes. I'm happy to consider asymmetric outcomes - like if you want me to add economic and political targets, for example.

When you're ready, upload the scenario and I promise I won't look at what forces you added.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Something different - be my OPFOR - 12/26/2020 1:19:06 PM   
BeirutDude

To do this right would need the Type 003A Carrier in the database an she isn't there yet. Two Type 002A "Shendongs" would be interesting. I understand point 3 above but if I were the PLA(AF)/PLA(N) I'd like to lance the Singapore boil and it's airbases that could threaten my SCS bases.

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 12/26/2020 1:21:23 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 2
RE: Something different - be my OPFOR - 12/27/2020 11:56:11 AM   
hellfish6

There are the shell generic carriers in the database. Not sure if kitting them out as a Chinese Type 003A would satisfy that.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Something different - be my OPFOR - 12/30/2020 9:13:55 PM   
nogravity

2030 is a bit too far down the road. 2023-2026 would be more realistic.

Another issue is what is the objective of the OPFOR? Control Malacca strait? Achieve air and sea control? What sort of force composition do you expect?

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 4
RE: Something different - be my OPFOR - 12/31/2020 2:11:12 PM   
hellfish6

Your objective is to compel Malaysia to consent to Chinese suzerainty - either by rendering them defenseless (destroying air/sea power) or by imposing heavy costs for refusal (destroying or seizing political/economic targets). Ultimate end goals for China would be free passage through the Malaccan Straight (possibly to include PLAN basing and access in Malaysia), geographic and political isolation of Singapore, and recognition of China's Nine-Dash claims in the SCS. Secondary goal is to demonstrate China's military superiority so that other SEA nations don't push back against China in the future.

Timeframe can be whenever you want within the next 10 years.

(in reply to nogravity)
Post #: 5
RE: Something different - be my OPFOR - 1/7/2021 1:12:40 AM   
nogravity

Here is my attempt. I tried to upload the zip file in this message. Hope it shows up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to hellfish6)
Post #: 6
RE: Something different - be my OPFOR - 1/9/2021 3:03:24 PM   
hellfish6

Thanks! I'll give it a shot right now

(in reply to nogravity)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Something different - be my OPFOR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI