Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/5/2021 7:51:17 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Quick look at A6M8 and the George. I have come to a working hypothesis that although the M8 is a horrible plane, for 1943 it might be the most important plane Japan has to research because it is the best CV capable fighter.

I have successfully used the 5c thru the whole game...and look forward to using the m8. Although the end of 42 might be painful...

We will find out in this game.

You are probably correct, but it is still a LOUSY plane to fight F4U or F6F with.

Pax

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 391
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/7/2021 4:11:32 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

Quick look at A6M8 and the George. I have come to a working hypothesis that although the M8 is a horrible plane, for 1943 it might be the most important plane Japan has to research because it is the best CV capable fighter.

Just noticed the N1K1J in this screenshot has a max speed of 363; I am playing DDB-C, and it has a max speed of 393. What is the "correct" speed? Seems like that would make a big difference in performance.

IRL, I think 393 is closer to correct

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 392
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/7/2021 11:39:37 PM   
PaxMondo

So, JWE went through and made a number of adjustments that got implemented into DBB, but not stock.

As to which is "correct", you can find all kinds of numbers, the issue is being able understand the basis under which they were taken.

Here's the point that I rest on: JWE knew how the model worked, thus he also knew what type of number was needed to balance out things. I trust JWE did it right. So, in my mod, I use his numbers as my baseline. And yes, George was one of the few planes that had significant changes made to it. As good as a choice as George is in stock, in DBB it is even BETTER.

Pax

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 393
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/7/2021 11:51:20 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

So, JWE went through and made a number of adjustments that got implemented into DBB, but not stock.

As to which is "correct", you can find all kinds of numbers, the issue is being able understand the basis under which they were taken.

Here's the point that I rest on: JWE knew how the model worked, thus he also knew what type of number was needed to balance out things. I trust JWE did it right. So, in my mod, I use his numbers as my baseline. And yes, George was one of the few planes that had significant changes made to it. As good as a choice as George is in stock, in DBB it is even BETTER.

The really important point to remember is that JWE revised all the aircraft using the same standard. This was to maintain the relative relationships. He was always very adamant, and quite rightly so in my opinion, that one never cherry picked any single iten/device for reappraisal, either all were reappraised using the same standards, or none were. So any JFB who gets excited at seeing George at nearly 400mph should temper their joy by looking at the revised Allied plane data.

Alfred

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 394
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/7/2021 11:57:18 PM   
witpqs

Although I don't recall the reference at the moment, I remember reading a US fighter pilot's comment about the George being very good, an aircraft they definitely respected.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 395
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/12/2021 1:05:22 PM   
Lowpe

Jan 2, 1942

A disappointing turn...nothing bad, just I had planned on crossing Singers today and lo and behold I screwed up the coordination, and now it will probably take two more days. Worse, no damage put on the runways there so forts might have gone up a tick. And this throws off the timing of reinforcements to Ceylon.

China looks incredibly bad for the Allies, flanked a strongpoint at Yuanku SE of Sian, and moving on Sian with very strong forces. Ankang road seems deserted...

The Chinese forces around Ichang are still in the mountains, and they are some of the best Chinese forces in the game.

Not really concerned too much about Chinese raiders...they are looking at cutting the rail line at Sinyang. Flying Tigers are in Ceylon so IJAAF bombers are having a field day.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 396
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/12/2021 1:07:51 PM   
Lowpe

Ceylon

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 397
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/15/2021 8:05:41 PM   
Lowpe

Jan 3, 1942

More China victories on the approach to Sian...

Invasion Ceylon ongoing

Shock across the river at Singers set for the next turn I think....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 398
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/17/2021 12:53:33 PM   
Lowpe

Shock attacking across into Singers today...I wasn't perfect on forts, but it should be more than 1-2. Hoping for 1.

Not all the troops are combined...we shall see. Probably pretty bloody.

Should grab a base on Ceylon, have to be careful as there are 50 flying tigers on Ceylon.

Strong progress in China continuing.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 399
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 4:28:12 PM   
Lowpe

Jan 3, 1942

Allies use the Flying Tigers and some Blenheims to slow the attack on Koggla. Not worth the risk.

Our Singers attack is going in behind schedule...and the Allies have built up forts to an impressive level.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 400
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 4:31:01 PM   
Lowpe

But, we will not be denied! We bypass the forts with overwhelming force.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 1/22/2021 4:33:09 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 401
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 4:32:26 PM   
Lowpe

Singers is ours, and now on to other projects.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 402
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 4:32:41 PM   
RangerJoe

Congratulations!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 403
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 4:36:05 PM   
Lowpe

First precarious base established on Ceylon...now to exploit it. But we are probably outnumbered on the Island currently. This was a blind invasion...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 404
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 4:41:57 PM   
Lowpe

Singers is a burnt mess...but we don't care now, we are going for a huge chunk of India. It maybe we will rue spending supplies fixing some of this, but right now we need the time more.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 405
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 8:04:38 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

Singers is a burnt mess...but we don't care now, we are going for a huge chunk of India. It maybe we will rue spending supplies fixing some of this, but right now we need the time more.

Wow.

Been a while since I took a base with that much damage, or maybe better to say a key base like Singers. Really bad rolls there ...

Pax

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 406
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 8:31:58 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Wow.

Been a while since I took a base with that much damage, or maybe better to say a key base like Singers. Really bad rolls there ...

Ahhh - quit your griping! The Brits left a couple of nice houses undamaged and all the hangars with only a few broken light bulbs!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 407
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 8:38:53 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

Wow.

Ahhh - quit your griping! The Brits left a couple of nice houses undamaged and all the hangars with only a few broken light bulbs!

Not to mention that they did not dig up the golf course . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 408
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 8:56:01 PM   
Lowpe

But can we still get slingers?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 409
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/22/2021 9:17:28 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

Wow.

TBH, I expected it...there was so many shock attacking troops...hard to see any other outcome since I was aiming for a one day conquest.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 410
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/23/2021 2:32:05 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

TBH, I expected it...there was so many shock attacking troops...hard to see any other outcome since I was aiming for a one day conquest.

Yeah, shock attack increases that probability. Would another couple of days mattered that much?

Pax

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 411
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 3:49:50 PM   
Lowpe

Crossing the river into Singers almost always leads to a shock attack, and I couldn't afford to get a division trashed..so I decided time is more important than 50K supplies, which I might with a bit of luck recover at Ceylon.

Will build the port and heavy industry back up.

Lots and lots of movement going on...Need to figure out if I go all out for Bombay or more traditional Viz/Diamond Harbor. Burma is different too in this Andy mod.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 412
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 3:55:09 PM   
Lowpe

I just expanded naval shipyards again....I better take India!

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 413
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 5:18:54 PM   
Lowpe

I feel like I am swimming in clicks...early Japan is a much tougher game than Allies. So much relies upon foresight and planning now.

Carrier Division 5, Shokaku and Zuikaku, are deemed strong enough for now in the Ceylon Operations boosted by Kongo's and Cruisers.

The Allies want to play in the lower Marshalls etc, so we will for now after some much need re-organization. Need to take Port Moresby next which isn't reinforced.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 414
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 5:27:53 PM   
Lowpe

Currently, in this AnyMac modded game, I have 21 MTB or MGB available now. Most are undergoing shakedown cruises, but I am planning ahead for some future usage.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 415
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 5:38:57 PM   
BBfanboy

The Create MTB text only shows up in the TF screen if the required supply is on ships. If you want to create them at the base it must be size 1 (port I assume) and the supply at the base, not on disbanded ships.

Edit- of course it is no problem to momentarily make a TF out of lurking ships and create the MTBs. Just more bloody clicking ...

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 1/25/2021 5:40:18 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 416
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 5:41:38 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

The Create MTB text only shows up in the TF screen if the required supply is on ships. If you want to create them at the base it must be size 1 (port I assume) and the supply at the base, not on disbanded ships.

Painless to create a task force at a dot base, create MTB boats, disband the task force to stay hidden. Send out the MTBs. I am not sure that the flag of a Tokyo loaded cargo ship retains its flag after disbanding or not though.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 417
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 5:42:30 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

Edit- of course it is no problem to momentarily make a TF out of lurking ships and create the MTBs. Just more bloody clicking ...

Some clicks are more enjoyable than other clicks.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 418
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/25/2021 9:57:28 PM   
Lowpe

Just tested, once disbanded into port the cargo creation convoy loses its ability to create small boats upon reforming into a transport task force.

AG cannot load tender and then be moved into a transport task force either.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 1/25/2021 9:58:10 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 419
RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) - 1/27/2021 12:36:23 PM   
Lowpe

Jan 5, 1942

Rufes are being produced...which is nice.

Not an exciting turn after the last two days invasion of Ceylon and sacking of Singers. Swept hundred plus mines at Singers, and a lot of IJN sea lift is heading there. Runway damage is at 44%, air service at 7% and ports at 100%. It will take one more day to clear the mines.

Over in the pacific, the constant deathstar bombing has destroyed the supplies at our forward flying boat bases and we are temporarily blind right now....will fix that.

Took Lae, and will continue to grab the Solomon Sea side bases ahead of taking Port Moresby.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Ooops, I did it again (Lowpe (J) vs ?(A) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI