Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? - 1/5/2021 11:46:52 PM   
kneecaps

Hi all,
Just going through various tutorials for my first game and using Krull's amazing setup sheet. Is there some way when selecting waypoints to see the hex numbers? I have no reliable way to set a waypoint on say 110,167 or any other numbered hex without taking a 'shot in the dark'.

Am I missing something obvious?

Post #: 1
RE: Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? - 1/6/2021 12:02:33 AM   
BBfanboy

When you visually select the hex where you want the waypoint, the game returns to the routing screen and you see the waypoint coordinates.
There is a whole thread on this topic quite recently. Scan the thread headings to find it.

Edit: Found it on the main forum: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4932809

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 1/6/2021 12:21:26 AM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to kneecaps)
Post #: 2
RE: Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? - 1/6/2021 3:47:26 AM   
Alfred

1.  When you click on a hex, the coordinates are displayed on the top bar.

2.  When setting a waypoint or patrol boundary, the hex coordinates will flash on screen when the hex is clicked and subsequently are displayed next to the waypoint/patrol boundary screen setting.

Alfred

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? - 1/6/2021 8:10:27 PM   
kneecaps

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

1.  When you click on a hex, the coordinates are displayed on the top bar.

I see that, the issue really is that you then have to reselect a TF...which takes you elsewhere...then 'guess' the hex when setting the waypoint.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred
2.  When setting a waypoint or patrol boundary, the hex coordinates will flash on screen when the hex is clicked and subsequently are displayed next to the waypoint/patrol boundary screen setting.

Yes, I see it tells me...but after I've selected...

Thanks for the input all, it doesn't seem to work 'as expected', would be so nice for the hex numbers to be displayed before you select the waypoint, the map mod to add the numbers might be the way to go for me.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? - 1/6/2021 8:57:37 PM   
Ambassador

Don’t fixate on precise hexes. Kull himself said a couple of days ago there was no magic in them, it’s more a reminder for as general area.

(in reply to kneecaps)
Post #: 5
RE: Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? - 1/10/2021 4:48:58 PM   
BBfanboy

I forgot to mention - there is an easy way to get in the general area of a hex coordinate reported in SIGINT or the Ops Report; just hover the cursor over a base and the hex coordinates show up in the pop-up. You can soon find a base near the coordinates you seek and count out to the correct row and column or the one next to it. If there is a TF at sea in the area that you can use as a location marker, click on it and count from there.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Seeing hex numbers while selecting a hex? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI