Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Switching units from 3-stacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Switching units from 3-stacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Switching units from 3-stacks - 1/10/2021 6:26:49 PM   
Kamiman

I'm coming up empty on this one... is it possible to directly swap two units from a 3-stack (i.e. if you have a 3 stack at the front and then 3 right behind). It's horrible to burn all the MP and time to do the tetris at the front as I am forced to do right now.
Post #: 1
RE: Switching units from 3-stacks - 1/10/2021 7:21:46 PM   
Sammy5IsAlive

I've got three answers to this. The first is a straightforward answer to your question which is no. But I hope I've got a couple more answers that might be helpful depending on how strong you are and what you want to achieve.

If you are strong enough that you are aiming to win the first battles and then conduct a second round of attacks on the fall back positions then whilst a unit cannot end its movement in a three-stack, it can travel through that hex. So your second line can go through the first line into the just-vacated hex and (assuming it has the MPs) carry out a follow-on attack.

If you are looking to do two sets of attacks with fresh units then it is a little bit more fiddly. But assuming your units have the MPs to do an attack and a move then 1 backup hex of 2 units will allow you to use 3-stacks everywhere else. So for example say you have this set up (top line A is the front line, B is the second line).

A 3-3-3
B 2-3-3

A1 does its attack and you then swap (1 by 1) its units with the two in the B1 stack and 1 unit from the B2 one. You then attack with the fresh units now in A1. B2 will now have 2 units in it and you can repeat the process with A2 and B2, and then A3 and B3 and so on. With that one 2-stack in B1 at the beginning you can have 'pairs' of 3-stacks all the way down the rest of the line and the only MPs they will spend are the ones going forward or back a hex. Whilst it does take a lot of mouse clicks it does at least save your units from burning off their MPs in the way you describe.

(in reply to Kamiman)
Post #: 2
RE: Switching units from 3-stacks - 10/6/2021 7:01:15 AM   
Batoot

If you are looking to do

(in reply to Sammy5IsAlive)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Switching units from 3-stacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI