Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 12/22/2020 2:32:09 AM   
wamaye04

Has the relentless decision of the level 2 scientific exchange by friendly AI major regime been fixed?

I have level 1 scientific exchange and, every turn, they ask for level 2. I keep declining and it is deteriorating my relation with them. Has this been patched?

(in reply to aperfecturkel)
Post #: 691
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/22/2020 3:25:56 AM   
newageofpower

Can we get a weight reduction/size allocation for Combined Beams? They're already inferior in firepower to Plasma...

Also, tactical nukes don't seem to be available to the Automated Turret for some reason.

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 692
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/22/2020 8:20:46 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

Can we get a weight reduction/size allocation for Combined Beams? They're already inferior in firepower to Plasma...

Also, tactical nukes don't seem to be available to the Automated Turret for some reason.

I don't think than there is a need to buff even more the combined beams, beams weapons are already strong enough by their own, combined beams makes them even better and more affordable than plasma.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 693
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/23/2020 12:12:24 PM   
Xywa

Looks like 1.06.14 got faster AI, or is it just my imagination? I play hard mode on the biggest map at the moment. 50th round, feels the difference.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 694
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/24/2020 9:56:07 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux
I don't think than there is a need to buff even more the combined beams, beams weapons are already strong enough by their own, combined beams makes them even better and more affordable than plasma.
What? Combined Beam has 6000 firepower on 800 weight, or 7.5 damage/weight, whereas Very Heavy Plasma is 7500 firepower on 400 weight, or 18.75 damage/weight. For the same weight, Plasma yields 2.5x the Firepower.

Furthermore, at the moment Combined Beams are only available on Monitors and Turrets.

You could argue the beams are 'cheaper' because they use less hi-tech and IP, but beams have pretty stiff drawbacks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by newageofpower -- 12/24/2020 11:19:39 PM >

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 695
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/25/2020 7:38:38 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux
What? Combined Beam has 6000 firepower on 800 weight, or 7.5 damage/weight, whereas Very Heavy Plasma is 7500 firepower on 400 weight, or 18.75 damage/weight. For the same weight, Plasma yields 2.5x the Firepower.

Furthermore, at the moment Combined Beams are only available on Monitors and Turrets.

You could argue the beams are 'cheaper' because they use less hi-tech and IP, but beams have pretty stiff drawbacks.

Plasma and Beam are not comparable, as they interact very different with Armor. Indeed they are opposites.
See "5.12.3.5. weaPon tyPes versus armor tyPes matrIx" for details.

Post #: 696
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/25/2020 7:34:46 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
Plasma and Beam are not comparable, as they interact very different with Armor. Indeed they are opposites.
See "5.12.3.5. weaPon tyPes versus armor tyPes matrIx" for details.

Even with 50% damage reduction against Steel Armor, Very Heavy Plasma still has an effective 9.375 Firepower/Weight Ratio, considerably superior to Combined Beam's 7.5

Against Polymer/Liquid/Shields the advantages of Plasma weapons grows even further.

And that's not taking into account that Plasma Weapons of similar or even smaller mass have higher effective Calibre ratings compared to Beam, further increasing actual damage efficiency.

Beams, especially Combined Beams need a buff. They're very un-competitive for something in the same technology level.

< Message edited by newageofpower -- 12/25/2020 7:41:41 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 697
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/31/2020 3:23:43 PM   
Vic

Posted subversion 15 just before the end of the year. Sorry for my absence but there were some seasonal activities :)
Happy new year everyone!

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 698
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/31/2020 3:33:17 PM   
Vic

Oh... and on the Combined Beam weapon... well.... it is really the end of the line of the technology that started with lasers and it is very bulky and heavy. But weight does not play a role in combat, at best in mobility. It has its uses especially when facing large amounts of lower tech enemies. Also it consumes less Energy than Plasma weapons.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 699
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/31/2020 5:10:13 PM   
Leslac

Thanks for the update, didn't expect one to drop since it's you know - holiday!

I've noticed two bugs in my latest beta 14 game that you might want to check up on.

One is the all-out attack stance, giving a unit +75% attack/-75% defense. I've been playing on the severe difficulty and got into a fight with a major from the beginning of the game. Getting into a protracted war of back and forth, while withdrawing to the mountains and holding out till my military rng could upgrade my troops.
I noticed that as soon as the AI set the all-out attack stance into play, I got completely wiped out on both attack and defense! Which was weird - they should be easily pushed back when overextended (And I noticed the AI was getting better at interspersing with units on defensive stances).

So I went into the text file and noticed that it said my units got -75% on attack when going against these units that should be getting -75% on defense - which they didn't. That really looks like a bug... And I didn't get as badly mauled against any other types of units, as I did against this type of stance.

I do have a savegame I can send you where you can check this one. But I'm pretty sure it's easier just to go in and check it yourself.

The other is an old one... Reinforcements to militia units are weird. A MG dies and a replacement is made, but in the meantime the unit wants a RPG or something else. So the MG reinforcement just sits in my SHQ forever.

No savegame here, but it's an old bug...

Oh and I'm still getting the weird map out of focus bug, where you have to move the map around in order to refocus it so to speak. Like there are two maps overlaying each other...

And the map history has a real annoying tendency to focus towards the bottom right of the screen, instead of centering on the action. So very often you can't see what is actually happening without moving the mouse around. AND it immediately refocuses center bottom right as soon as something new happens...

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 700
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 12/31/2020 9:39:43 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic
Posted subversion 15 just before the end of the year. Sorry for my absence but there were some seasonal activities :)
Happy new year everyone!

Best wishes,
Vic

Well, that's understandable. Thanks for coming back before new years!
quote:

Oh... and on the Combined Beam weapon... well.... it is really the end of the line of the technology that started with lasers and it is very bulky and heavy. But weight does not play a role in combat, at best in mobility. It has its uses especially when facing large amounts of lower tech enemies. Also it consumes less Energy than Plasma weapons.

Combined Beam is currently only available on Turrets and Monitors though, something (like the Tacnuke suggestions) that could really use a change.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 701
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 1/1/2021 6:09:42 AM   
Uemon

-Have been making fixes to the AI garrison algorithms, especially for Minors, which were still leaving empty their City in some cases. 

Ha! First useful thing i reported yey. Cant wait to start a new game.

Post #: 702
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 1/2/2021 7:26:49 AM   
Uemon

I played 2 different games now and it does appear that minor AI's are much better at protecting capital; i did see a couple of extremely fast major take overs of minors, but i dont have any idea what happened there (im talking like major snatching a minor within a couple of turns).

Couple points regarding design:
-It is still incredible easy, overall, to beat minors and annex their cities. This allows players to snowball extremely fast. I personally find it very unenjoyable to watch majors go from 1 zone to 10 extremely fast within only a few dozen turns.

-I dont know for sure whether this is true, but it seems to me like minor raiders and slavers react to human player differently to how they react to major AI. With human player, if you border a raider or a slaver regime, they will push into your territory and keep pushing as long as they possibly can, until you establish relations or block them physically. This does not happen to major AIs. And this kinda sucks because it allows Major AIs to focus their army onto blobbing (send everything toward 1 single minor and focus defeat them) until there are no more minors with cities that can be annexed. Meanwhile i am forced to essentially wipe out any slaver or raider faction i run into because if i leave that border open without units blocking movement, they will push all the way to my capital and declare war on me. What this does in practically every single game without mistake is major AI's blobbing like there is no tomorrow, and when you factor in the fact that they can web roads across the map at 0 industrial cost (something i cant do) it starts to feel fairly bad as its obvious im playing against the AI with completely different rules (something i personally dont find enjoyable and would even go as far as to say that i absolutely hate). I would suggest adding some sort of counter blobbing mechanic that persists on map even after land is conquered, something that would force major AI's to both slow down their expansion and garrison their land with units. Wildlife does this somewhat, but as soon as its wiped out, the land is basically 100% secure until another major walks over it. If wildlife was to respawn, or there were some events spawning things, it would get far more interesting.

-Today for the very first time i have encountered a farmers minor regime that was completely passive toward me. I did not push into their territory, i merely touched on it, and they didnt send any units to walk into my territory - i have never seen this before. Farmers used to react like slavers/raiders, and would be hyper aggressive. I dont know if this is a bug or a feature, but i like it.

-The event that allows you to talk to an AI core or whatever it was, the one where you have like 3 different options, it spawned a AI revolt with 2 walkers; One of those walker stacks acted sensibly and went all over my land in a predictable way. But the other walker AI unit weirded out. Instead of trying to snatch my land and be a nuisance, they instead walked into that passive farmer minor regime, cut their land in half, and it seems like they fought it out, because AI walker stack was wiped out. I have never seen this before either, and i assume this is new behavior. I find it strange that an revolt thats supposed to punish my country would just walk off into another regime.

Suggestions:
-Would it be possible to expand a little bit on regime archetypes? Its kinda boring when you happen to border 2 farmers minors and they are essentially the very same thing, same units, if you beat one, beating the other one will be the exact same experience. Maybe increase their unit diversity a little bit etc?

-I would like to argue that minor regimes (especially the ones with sizeable cities) should be buffed, significantly. Once you understand the basics of how the game works, it is incredibly easy to defeat them, i have done so with just militia units many times (and im not even talking about abusing the no garrison city bug). The main reason why im suggesting this is because it seems like major AI's are just steamrolling them within a couple of turns, leading to snowball of power effect in every single game, which means that every game is essentially the same. AI blobs all over the map. AI attacks you. Fight off hordes of AI trash units. Fun first half a dozen times, but gets old real fast.

-I would like a world generation option that disables guaranteed metal deposit for everyone. I find that this thing is the main reason for ridiculous amounts of blobbing. Regimes shouldnt be set up for full economic and industrial explosion from turn one.

-Same thing with having more powerful minor regimes, an option to turn that on/off would be awesome. I personally would prefer worlds that develop more slowly, as opposed to majors walking over 70% of the map within 100 turns. Especially because this behavior is 100% only possible because AI cheats with free roads.

(in reply to Uemon)
Post #: 703
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 1/2/2021 7:02:56 PM   
stryc

(nvm)

< Message edited by stryc -- 1/2/2021 7:14:08 PM >

(in reply to Uemon)
Post #: 704
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/3/2021 10:32:44 PM   
Elver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Changelist for v1.06.14

-Fixed some typo’s and spelling errors *

In the Applied Engineering tech area, Propeller Engine Efficiency is still spelled "Proppeler"

Additionally, Mining Techniques is the sole linear tech that is not either Applied or Airforce council - I can't imagine that it and it alone is meant to be Economic Council.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 705
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/5/2021 10:09:04 AM   
Vic

Thanks again for all the reports and save files!

Posted open beta v1.07... it concerns some minor fixes. Hopefully this is going to be the next official version.

I am focussing a little bit less on minor bug fixing (but will not postpone fixing game breaking bugs/crashes of course) the coming weeks since I want to get some new features in for v1.08 (feb).

You might see the first new feature "Scrap Stratagems" within 1-2 weeks in the open beta.

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 706
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/5/2021 10:55:13 AM   
Akrakorn

quote:

Thanks again for all the reports and save files!

Posted open beta v1.07... it concerns some minor fixes. Hopefully this is going to be the next official version.

I am focussing a little bit less on minor bug fixing (but will not postpone fixing game breaking bugs/crashes of course) the coming weeks since I want to get some new features in for v1.08 (feb).

You might see the first new feature "Scrap Stratagems" within 1-2 weeks in the open beta.

Best wishes,
Vic

Any chance you can take a look at some of the balance issues this game has, such as laser rifles being too good (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4936051) or missiles being too overpowered as there is no defense against strategic bombardment (something like an anti-missile laser unit could work)?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 707
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/5/2021 11:01:11 AM   
Saros

Gonna second Arakorn here, the game needs a thorough balance pass across a lot of different features. Right now probably about half of all strategems, feats, government types, unit types (mech arty, jetpacks!) and a bunch of other stuff are just unequivocally worse than their alternatives so will never be used if a player has any idea what they are doing. This is without even getting into the laser and strategic warfare balance issues.

< Message edited by Saros -- 1/5/2021 11:02:10 AM >

(in reply to Akrakorn)
Post #: 708
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/5/2021 12:14:05 PM   
Darkneutron

Just adding weight to the consensus above, even if the game has many balance issues, a quick fix to laser rifles and something to deal with strategic warfare would greatly improve balance without having to do a major rework of many other aspects

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 709
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/10/2021 3:40:19 PM   
Sieppo

Dunno if there were some changes done with the AI into the latest beta patch but its kicking me in the nuts! Awesome! Extreme difficulty an all the planet creation settings that give more difficulty. Fast AI setting.

> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.

(in reply to Darkneutron)
Post #: 710
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.06.15 (last update 31 dec!) - 1/10/2021 4:21:36 PM   
redrum68

Yeah, AI does seem to be doing better. The garrison fix definitely seems to be working as well.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 711
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/10/2021 8:07:39 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

Changelist for v1.07.01
-Fixed a crash (caused with previous open beta)

Changelist for v1.07
-No longer access to RPG Infantry Brigade in Tech 4 start (you’ll have to develop a Model + Formation first)
-Road construction at very long distance from SHQ now also possible (was a glitch)
-Reduced XP spending on Resist Influence, Endurance and some other Skills
-Added chance for learning a random skill, not often, but possible. Much more chance if no other skill qualifies for spending XP on.
-Added in some securities for AI to not go overboard with Airbase construction and not produce any aircraft models with to low range either.
-Upgrading and Replacing in same hex and SHQ should now always work, even if logistical points is at 0.

I can not yet find the 1.07 release patch.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 712
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/11/2021 11:49:52 AM   
ileri

Adding to what zgrssd said, when can we expect it (on steam)? Just finished a game today and I'd like to play with the improvements and would wait a few days for it

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 713
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/11/2021 1:01:13 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: ileri

Adding to what zgrssd said, when can we expect it (on steam)? Just finished a game today and I'd like to play with the improvements and would wait a few days for it

Its already available on the steam open beta branch, it might take it a few more days to arrive to the stable version

(in reply to ileri)
Post #: 714
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/11/2021 1:21:01 PM   
ileri

1.07.01 was just pushed to steam in the last 30min on the main branch, not beta

Edit: the beta branch only went up to 1.06.09 earlier today

< Message edited by ileri -- 1/11/2021 1:24:56 PM >

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 715
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/11/2021 3:21:22 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: ileri

1.07.01 was just pushed to steam in the last 30min on the main branch, not beta

Edit: the beta branch only went up to 1.06.09 earlier today

That was what the launcher said (as it can only be updated by the publisher) but in game it showed the correct version (up to 1.07.01)

Glad to know than the release version has been updated :)

(in reply to ileri)
Post #: 716
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/14/2021 3:38:36 PM   
Vic

Bump!
Lots of fixes with 1.07.02 and Scrapping Stratagems & crafting new Stratagems has been added!

Thanks for the big load of saves and feedback!

best,
Vic

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 717
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/14/2021 5:10:01 PM   
jimwinsor

I love the scrapping sound effects!

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 718
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/14/2021 6:25:28 PM   
jimwinsor

Not sure if this is WAD, but cards you get freely replenished each turn like the Meet the Cult cards (and the CEO, Godfather, etc) can be scrapped. So, if you have a Cult that's one free scrapping point a turn, assuming you don't want a meeting:

Attachment (1)

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 719
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/14/2021 6:36:04 PM   
redrum68

Yeah, probably should make the every turn meet cards not be scrapable.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI