Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beginning to create a small scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Beginning to create a small scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/11/2021 1:11:30 PM   
Steve04

I would like to try to create a small but complete scenario, to understand how the editor works.
I ask if there is a tutorial (text and / or video) which helps in this regard.
Starting from a scratch situation, understand how bases are imported, how air, naval or land units are positioned and above all how to set the action and behavior of the A.I.
I don't mean a new manual, but a real tutorial, at the end of which - STEP-BY-STEP -a (small) playable scenario has been created.
From here then one could leave for something more challenging.

PS. Is there the possibility of importing a "template" of a region or nation, with some real bases, already on the map?

< Message edited by Steve04 -- 1/11/2021 1:12:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/11/2021 1:33:25 PM   
kevinkins

There are a bunch of videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=command+scenario+tutorial

You could copy a small scenario out of the Community pack and use it as a template.
Looking at a completed scenario in the editor is a quick way to learn how they are set-up.

Have fun.

< Message edited by kevinkins -- 1/11/2021 2:03:33 PM >

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 2
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/11/2021 1:44:58 PM   
thewood1

Adding to the response above, the scenarios to look at that have a lot of things to learn from are The Hunters from the Shift Sands DLC and The First Contact series in the Standalone folder. They are small, but have a lot of things happening that can be great learning tools.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 3
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/11/2021 11:44:31 PM   
Steve04

Thank you very much for these useful informations !
I'm trying the simple but very useful tutorial of Roby7979... Assault to Pakistan.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/11/2021 11:56:25 PM   
thewood1

Let me know if want an early play tester on it and I'm more than happy to have a try. Maybe your an experienced contributor in other ways, but don't be embarrassed at your first attempts. Its better to have a few people look at your first attempts and provide practical, or even impractical, feedback.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 5
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 2:13:46 AM   
wsxtgly

Hi, Steve, will you pls upload the Assault to Pakistan scen? thks.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 9:47:30 AM   
Steve04

Hello boys !
I tried to recreate the Assault to Pakistan scenario and then test it.
All OK, but with two problems.
1) - When I destroy an infantry unit, the score does not increase, as if the scenario does not recognize the event and the related trigger that assigns 100 points for each infantry unit destroyed. (I double checked, everything seems OK to me, but obviously it is not so and on the other hand the part relating to events and triggers seems a bit complex to manage)
2) - Enemy infantry units do not defend themselves ... so it's a simple target practice!

(in reply to wsxtgly)
Post #: 7
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 10:35:18 AM   
thewood1

If you want some help on stuff like that, post it. There is also a scenario posting area where people look for feedback if you want to eyes on it from people who like testing scenarios.

One thing to also keep in mind is that that scenario was built to be a cargo tutorial. It might have slightly more complex events and scripts because of the guided play through. Thats why choosing a simpler scenario to look at might be a better approach. Most of the tutorials have more complex scripting and events because of the guided play through. Of course I am making an assumption, having never played that specific scenario.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 8
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 3:25:28 PM   
Steve04

Thank thewood1.
So I want to ask you which is the scenario posting area you refer, so to correctly post my problem.
And how can I attach the saved file of the scenario I am testing (sorry but I'm not able to see any button for attachments (and in what format?).
Thank, Steve

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 3:50:58 PM   
thewood1

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1281

Its pinned right at the top. Might want to go through a few of those pinned threads before posting questions on the main forum. You'll find a lot of answers and get them answered more quickly in some of the more focused pinned threads.

If the event issue ends up being a bug, post that to the tech support forum with a save.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 10
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 6:26:16 PM   
Steve04

Thank you thewood1 !
I immediately move to the area you indicated, where I can post my problems ...

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 11
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 8:18:15 PM   
Steve04

quote:

ORIGINAL: wsxtgly

wsxtgly, I have the file ready, but how can I attach it? Is there an icon for this? It must be a file. zip?

(in reply to wsxtgly)
Post #: 12
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 9:03:31 PM   
Roby7979

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04

Thank you very much for these useful informations !
I'm trying the simple but very useful tutorial of Roby7979... Assault to Pakistan.

Benvenuto,
sono felice ti sia stato utile,ci sono molti altri tutorial editor in italiano puoi trovarli qui https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPwRwTuFxnGyprGzth_R_Zg e a breve cominciero' una serie in live e in italiano sul canale twitch https://www.twitch.tv/roby7979

Welcome,
I'm glad it was useful to you, there are many other tutorial editor in Italian you can find them here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPwRwTuFxnGyprGzth_R_Zg and soon i will start a live series for CMO in italian languafe on https://www.twitch.tv/roby7979

< Message edited by [BSM]Roby7979 -- 1/12/2021 9:22:26 PM >

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 13
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 9:06:13 PM   
Roby7979

quote:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1929631995

(in reply to wsxtgly)
Post #: 14
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 9:25:48 PM   
Roby7979

doble post

< Message edited by [BSM]Roby7979 -- 1/12/2021 9:26:14 PM >

(in reply to Roby7979)
Post #: 15
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 9:55:49 PM   
Steve04

Oh, ciao Roby !
ho utilizzato il tuo Tutorial per provare a capire come creare un piccolo scenario. Ho cercato di seguire passo dopo passo quello che hai indicato, forse mi sono un pò perso nella fase più delicata, ossia quella della creazione degli eventi e azioni. Ci sono dei passaggi particolari, un clic in più o meno e la cosa può non funzionare e d'altronde la sequenza è tutt'altro che intuitiva.
Sta di fatto che, quando vado a testare il mio scenario, trovo principalmente due difficoltà.
1) - alcune unità di fanteria / meccanizzate (due per l'esattezza), che io ho sbarcato manualmente (ossia senza aver creato una missione), non vogliono saperne di muoversi da dove sono sbarcate. Il cursore della velocità ritorna a 0, quantunque lo stato sia On plotted course (underway). La Unit status segnala stranamente speed 0,0 (Creep) (!?). Altre unità invece si muovono correttamente.
2) - quando arrivo a colpire e distruggere le sezioni di fanteria pakistana (che peraltro non fanno nulla per difendersi... !?), il punteggio si incrementa una sola volta, quantunque abbia cliccato il Repeatable nell'Event. Quindi, anche se le distruggo tutte e sei, non arriva mai a 600 punti.
Se mi dici come posso fare, allegherei lo scenario, salvato al punto subito dopo lo sbarco, in modo che tu mi possa dire cosa c'è che ho sbagliato... sempre che ciò non sia chiedere troppo... Grazie.

Oh, hello Roby!
I used your Tutorial to try to understand how to create a small scenario. I tried to follow step by step what you indicated, maybe I got a little lost in the most delicate phase, that is the creation of events and actions. There are particular steps, one click more or less and it may not work and the sequence is far from intuitive.
The fact is that when I go to test my scenario, I mainly find two difficulties.
1) - some infantry / mechanized units, which I have landed manually (ie without having created a mission), do not want to know how to move from where they landed. The speed slider returns to 0, although the status is On plotted course (underway). Unit status strangely reports speed 0.0 (Creep) (!?). While other units instead move correctly.
2) - when I hit and destroy the Pakistani infantry sections, the score only increases once, even though I clicked the Repeatable in the Event. So even if I destroy all six of them, it never gets to 600 points.
If you tell me how I can do it, I would attach the scenario, saved to the point immediately after disembarking, so that you can show me what is wrong ... as long as that is not asking too much ... Thanks.

< Message edited by Steve04 -- 1/12/2021 9:57:53 PM >

(in reply to Roby7979)
Post #: 16
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/12/2021 10:41:24 PM   
Steve04

Allora aggiorno la situazione per dire che il punto 2 è stato risolto. In realtà nella individuazione dell'unità da colpire per ottenere 100 punti (Edit Event trigger / distruzione fanteria) avevo indicato: SIDE: Pakistan (RIGHT)- TARGET TYPE: Land Facility (RIGHT) - TARGET SUBTYPE: Mobile_Personnel (RIGHT) - TARGET CLASS: Inf Plt (Pakistani Army) (RIGHT) - SPECIFIC UNIT: Inf Plt (Pakistani Army) (WRONG !!!) Infatti va messo NONE, perché altrimenti si indica solo una delle sei unità (per quanto abbiano lo stesso nome). Con questa modifica, il punteggio si sviluppa correttamente.
Mi resta il punto interrogativo del punto 1), perché alcune unità non si muovono, dopo essere sbarcate, non vorrei che per qualche ragione sia stata inavvertitamente attivata la HOLD POSITION (che peraltro non saprei come disattivare...)

So I update the situation to say point 2 has been resolved. In reality, in identifying the unit to hit to get 100 points (Edit Event trigger / infantry destruction) I had indicated: SIDE: Pakistan (RIGHT) - TARGET TYPE: Land Facility (RIGHT) - TARGET SUBTYPE: Mobile_Personnel (RIGHT) - TARGET CLASS : Inf Plt (Pakistani Army) (RIGHT) - SPECIFIC UNIT: Inf Plt (Pakistani Army) (WRONG !!!) In fact it should be put NONE, because otherwise only the first of the six units is indicated (even if they have the same name). With this change, the score develops correctly.
I am left with the question mark of point 1), because some units do not move, after landing, I would not like the HOLD POSITION to have been inadvertently activated for some reason (which, however, I would not know how to deactivate ...)

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 17
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/13/2021 7:05:43 AM   
Roby7979

il problema del movimento delle unita ti terra non e' dovuto a un tuo errore ma al simulatore. Su alcuni punti del globo le unita' di terra non si muovo correttamente ma i devs stanno lavorando per migliorare anche questo.Per fare un po' piu di chiarezza su gli eventi puoi dare un occhiata qui https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fChscjLRCZA&t=60s oppure fai un salto sul discord ufficiale di CMO se hai bisogno mi trovi qui https://discord.gg/bAN9G33

the problem of the movement of the units is not due to your error but to the simulator. On some points of the globe the ground units are not moving properly but the devs are working to improve this too. To get a little more clarity on the events you can take a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fChscjLRCZA&t=60s or jump on the official CMO discord if you need you find me here https://discord.gg/bAN9G33

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 18
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/13/2021 5:42:24 PM   
Steve04

quote:

Here is the "offending" file.
Some landing craft have unloaded infantry and mechanized units, which have to head inland to attack Pakistani units.
However, while some are regularly moving, others are not unlocking from the coast. Attempts to plot and set a feed rate are useless. After pressing F2 and moving the slider to any value, it returns to zero.
Note that when selecting a unit, although it does not move, in the right Unit Status bar, it appears as "Creep" sped. 0.00 which is an inconsistency.
Roby7979 - the author of the Assault to Pakistan tutorial scenario - claims that this is a bug that the devs are trying to solve, but it seems to me that this situation has already occurred, in other scenarios, even with naval and air units (in that case it resolves itself later).
The non-moving units are: Inf # 60, Inf # 62, Inf # 64 and Land Detachment (the latter two appear to be grouped, but are not actually detachable from each other ...).

Attach the scenario file.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve04 -- 1/13/2021 6:51:07 PM >

(in reply to wsxtgly)
Post #: 19
RE: Beginning to create a small scenario - 1/14/2021 9:58:48 AM   
wsxtgly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04

quote:

Here is the "offending" file.
Some landing craft have unloaded infantry and mechanized units, which have to head inland to attack Pakistani units.
However, while some are regularly moving, others are not unlocking from the coast. Attempts to plot and set a feed rate are useless. After pressing F2 and moving the slider to any value, it returns to zero.
Note that when selecting a unit, although it does not move, in the right Unit Status bar, it appears as "Creep" sped. 0.00 which is an inconsistency.
Roby7979 - the author of the Assault to Pakistan tutorial scenario - claims that this is a bug that the devs are trying to solve, but it seems to me that this situation has already occurred, in other scenarios, even with naval and air units (in that case it resolves itself later).
The non-moving units are: Inf # 60, Inf # 62, Inf # 64 and Land Detachment (the latter two appear to be grouped, but are not actually detachable from each other ...).

Attach the scenario file.

Thanks for sharing , I always have trouble in connecting to steamcommunity, so I have to download the scenario offiline.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Beginning to create a small scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI