Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/16/2021 4:22:10 PM   
cfulbright

No, unfortunately you're limited to the four intermediate waypoints. I imagine a lot of processing and memory resources go into handling even those ten legs (five each way).

It looks from the different colored lines that you could possibly have a different return path, but I've never figured out if and how to move the return waypoints. If anyone knows if that works, and how to do it, I'd appreciate tell us.

Cary

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 31
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 6:37:58 AM   
Seminole

Right click on the dot for the return path waypoint.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 32
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 6:45:26 AM   
cfulbright

I tried that and it takes me out of that AD. I can't get the hang of it.

Cary

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 33
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 7:40:25 AM   
Qitbuqa

I think I understand your issue. The reason why you get "taken out of the AD" is because you use two right clicks instead of one.

If you want to change WP's (both green and purple) you need two clicks for both. However, the routine is somewhat different:
-For green WP, you hover cursor over the WP hex and left click it, afterwards you choose new hex of choice and left click - this results in new location for green WP of choice.
-For purple WP, you hover cursor over the WP hex and right click it, afterwards you choose new hex of choice and left click - this results in new location for purple WP of choice.

Hope that helps.

< Message edited by Qitbuqa -- 1/17/2021 7:41:36 AM >

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 34
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 11:54:27 AM   
loki100

its worth doing this as you can create some very useful naval interdiction patterns.

Remember that naval air (& ground recon) work as they travel. So one line out and one line back to a single point can give you a two hex wide interdiction spread - just the thing to isolate a port. In my last AAR I pulled this stunt into the Bristol Channel and got a nice naval interdiction that cut up across both Normandy-SW England and blocked the exits from Bristol/Cardiff.

Far more use in that situation than a more conventional block around a central hex.

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 35
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 3:31:58 PM   
cfulbright

It took some experimenting but I eventually got it, thank you.

I won't say this will change my life, but it certainly is one of the better pieces of news for me recently - no personally bad news, just not much good news these days.

Thanks again.

Cary

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 36
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 3:33:20 PM   
cfulbright

Roger - thanks!

So which line is outbound and which is inbound? Probably doesn't matter for NP's, but might matter for overland attacks where flak and interceptors abound.

Cary

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 37
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 3:57:59 PM   
loki100

I'd put the most important branch as the outbound, as you say you may pick up losses when running to the target spot. Whether this really matters I think depends on how subtle you are trying to be and how marginal your effort is. For the Axis player in May/June 1944 your remaining level bombers are a finite asset so you may want to judge very carefully how many to commit for a desired effort.

But then I wouldn't try this unless it was really potentially important, and if so, I'd chuck everything I had at the task (but then I am rarely that subtle!)

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 38
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 4:25:25 PM   
cfulbright

Agreed. My question was: which color is the outbound leg, purple or light green?

Cary

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 39
RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies - 1/17/2021 6:44:03 PM   
Qitbuqa

quote:

ORIGINAL: cfulbright

Agreed. My question was: which color is the outbound leg, purple or light green?

Cary

Green is leg to the target while purple is leg back home.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> RE: Naval Patrols/Interdiction For Dummies Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI