Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stratagems Cards

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Graphic Mods >> Stratagems Cards Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stratagems Cards - 1/18/2021 7:40:28 AM   
TheSosa

Making some new cards, is there a list anywhere of Card description that match to numbers in graphics folder? Ex....Ask For Help is number 1 in graphics folder, Trade is number 5 in graphics folder....etc
Post #: 1
RE: Stratagems Cards - 1/21/2021 6:36:46 AM   
Sandow

Hey TheSosa, I know I already sent you a message about this, but I thought I'd post my strategy here so other makers can get some ideas about how to tackle modding Strategy cards.

Short answer: I don't have a list and could never find one online

Longer answer: I found the best way to figure out what strategy was linked to a card was to do the following:
1) Open each card image (like 505.png or 101.png) in a graphic program like Photoshop or paint.
2) Draw the filename number directly over the image. So image 505.png will now have a large "505" drawn over it.
3) Do this for each card, including cards found in the corporate and crime folders
4) Launch a new game, and immediately open the STRAT window.
5) Write down which numbered image is displayed and take note of the associated strategy.
6) Rinse and repeat.

I played a number of 'throw away' games quickly to get new strategy cards, not really caring about how well I was doing, just cycling turns. It doesn't take long to get the majority of cards to come up. Still, there are a few cards I've never seen in a game yet, so I'm still not sure what they're for. But if someone wants to tackle the project of getting an exact list, it would be greatly appreciated!

(in reply to TheSosa)
Post #: 2
RE: Stratagems Cards - 1/21/2021 4:02:38 PM   
DTurtle

As a tip: For some time now there has been a usertestmode.txt file in the game folder. Edit it to say "true" instead of false.
When you create a new game, you get the option to start with all techs and all models and all stratagems.

< Message edited by DTurtle -- 1/21/2021 4:12:46 PM >

(in reply to Sandow)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Graphic Mods >> Stratagems Cards Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI