Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

can you scrap barges or midget subs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> can you scrap barges or midget subs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 3:37:17 AM   

Or the other things you can create with supply.also can you transport already created the aforementioned on a ship?
Post #: 1
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 4:01:18 AM   
RangerJoe

Ihaveahardtimereadingwhatyouposted.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to 789456281)
Post #: 2
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 4:30:54 AM   
Q-Ball

You cannot "scrap" then. You can disband them in a suitable port back to the pool; it's basically the same thing. You can't carry them on a ship as created, other than a midget can be carried as part of a "Midget Sub" mission (by a couple IJN SS classes)

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 3
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 6:46:28 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

You cannot "scrap" then. You can disband them in a suitable port back to the pool; it's basically the same thing. You can't carry them on a ship as created, other than a midget can be carried as part of a "Midget Sub" mission (by a couple IJN SS classes)

The "carrying on a ship" part is not a complete explanation. Once they are created at a base they cannot be loaded on a ship, but the game abstracts ship transport of PTs/MTBs/MGBs, barges and possibly mini-subs as supply. If you have a TF containing enough supply loaded in a port in the home country of the small craft type you want to create, you get the option to "Create Barges or MTBs or MBGs and maybe mini-subs" as choices on the TF screen. They only appear at destination AFAIK - you can't create them at sea. When you do create them, the AI looks at the pools to see if there are any that could have been shipped on that TF and just puts a number of the vessels in the port. It deducts from supply an amount equal to the tonnage of all the vessels created.

And if you have a large enough port (7 I think) with enough supply and vessels in the pools, and the port belongs to the home country of vessel type, you can just create the vessels from supply at the port. See the manual for details.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 4
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 7:40:14 AM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

The "carrying on a ship" part is not a complete explanation. Once they are created at a base they cannot be loaded on a ship, but the game abstracts ship transport of PTs/MTBs/MGBs, barges and possibly mini-subs as supply. If you have a TF containing enough supply loaded in a port in the home country of the small craft type you want to create, you get the option to "Create Barges or MTBs or MBGs and maybe mini-subs" as choices on the TF screen. They only appear at destination AFAIK - you can't create them at sea. When you do create them, the AI looks at the pools to see if there are any that could have been shipped on that TF and just puts a number of the vessels in the port. It deducts from supply an amount equal to the tonnage of all the vessels created.

And if you have a large enough port (7 I think) with enough supply and vessels in the pools, and the port belongs to the home country of vessel type, you can just create the vessels from supply at the port. See the manual for details.

Port size 1.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

PT boats can be created if:

1. There are PT boats in the pool

2. You are at an Australian or American port which meets the following criteria

(a) port is size 1
(b) port has 10k supplies

3. You expend supply carried by a Transport TF if the following criteria is met

(a) the transport TF loaded its supply at an Australian or American port
(b) sufficient supply is carried on board to meet the minimum cost outlined in the table on page 108 of the manual

Alfred

From Here

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 7:54:13 AM   
Chris21wen

You can send them back to the pool if disbanded in port. Change the type and click button. I's all or nothing however.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to 789456281)
Post #: 6
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 2:39:33 PM   
Q-Ball

Good additions to my answer! Also, IIRC, for PT boats a "Home Port" is also considered to be Australia, even though technically "Home" would be USA ports only

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 7
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 3:18:49 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

Good additions to my answer! Also, IIRC, for PT boats a "Home Port" is also considered to be Australia, even though technically "Home" would be USA ports only

To be clear, it’s the HQ which matters, not the nationality. Take back Canton, set it to SWPac, and you can generate (US) PT boats.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 8
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/18/2021 6:24:01 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

quote:

To be clear, it’s the HQ which matters, not the nationality. Take back Canton, set it to SWPac, and you can generate (US) PT boats.

Yes, the HQ administering the port matters in creation of the vessels, and for conquered bases the nationality of the HQ determines the base nationality.

For supply on the convoy, the nationality of the loading port matters, not the HQ that owns it. You might load some supply at Chittagong and move it to Rangoon but you can't make PTs nor MTBs out of it. But Colombo is considered a National port for the British so you could make MTBs from 10K+ supply loaded from there.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 9
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/21/2021 1:03:57 AM   

Thanks chris I really have to look at all these things I miss alot in this game.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/22/2021 2:24:20 AM   
geofflambert

I need to scrap some mines. How do I do that? I want to turn them into yours.

(in reply to 789456281)
Post #: 11
RE: can you scrap barges or midget subs - 1/22/2021 7:08:59 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I need to scrap some mines. How do I do that? I want to turn them into yours.

Typically you have to cave in the entrances to seal them. Then you can turn over the mineral rights to whomever.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> can you scrap barges or midget subs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI