Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.07.01] Defender Retreat posture causes attacker retreat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.07.01] Defender Retreat posture causes attacker retreat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.07.01] Defender Retreat posture causes attacker retreat - 1/22/2021 7:04:25 AM   
vallu751

Just attacked an AI battalion with Retreat posture. My own posture was Blitzkrieg. Odds were pretty high in my favor.

AI got a lucky hit on one of my tanks - of which I had five. And the attack was called off, all my tanks retreated. I had nearly all my AP left, so I just attacked again and this time forced the defender away.

I am under that impression that if I had truly lost the attack, then my AP would have been set to zero. So it seems the Retreat stratagem instead was applied to me as the attacker, even though the defender had it.

In case it's normal to have a ton of AP after retreating from an attack, then there's no bug.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.07.01] Defender Retreat posture causes attacker ... - 1/22/2021 1:04:41 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Did your tanks happen to have very low morale? In that case units may retreat after suffering only light casualties.
quote:

Manual 5.10.15.1.
If % of the Subunits remaining of a Unit drop below the Morale of a Unit,
then there is a chance it will do Panic Retreat.

I assume by "below the Morale of a Unit", it actually means below the inverse of the unit's morale (higher morale is supposed to be better). Of course, if it does go by below actual morale, that could also explain this kind of thing, but would be rather silly.

If your tanks are in fact having morale problems, that could indicate more serious issues with your regime, like lack of enough credits to pay the troops' wages or issues with their food supply.

< Message edited by Soar_Slitherine -- 1/22/2021 1:06:00 PM >

(in reply to vallu751)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.07.01] Defender Retreat posture causes attacker ... - 1/22/2021 3:42:29 PM   
Vic

It is normal to have more AP left if you fought less combat rounds.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.07.01] Defender Retreat posture causes attacker retreat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI