Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) - 1/14/2021 7:26:57 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: redrum68

Yeah, probably should make the every turn meet cards not be scrapable.

Or maybe turn them into something you would call your Secretary for?

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 721
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.02 (last update 14 jan!) - 1/16/2021 2:49:23 AM   
zuekamo

seems likne no new hotkeys will be coded :(

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 722
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.02 (last update 14 jan!) - 1/18/2021 5:12:40 PM   
Vic

v1.07.03 posted!

mostly spent time on turn processing speed.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zuekamo)
Post #: 723
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/19/2021 1:37:54 AM   
Kiousu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Changelist for v1.07.03
-Made some relatively good speed improvements to turn speed. However this also made me change some compilation settings and might give some unwanted bugs, didn’t find any, but lets see. Stay aware this is an open BETA. capitals for emphasis.

Hell yes lets GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 724
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/19/2021 4:00:14 AM   
coldiceEVO

quote:

Changelist for v1.07.03
-Nomads when losing a conquered city now are NOT removed from game anymore.

Do they turn into your militia or they carry on the fight against you?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 725
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/19/2021 10:25:47 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: coldiceEVO

quote:

Changelist for v1.07.03
-Nomads when losing a conquered city now are NOT removed from game anymore.

Do they turn into your militia or they carry on the fight against you?

There was a issue:
- Nomads take city from you
- You take the city back
- Nomads vanish as any Minor that lost it's "last" city, despite not needing a city to begin with (being nomads)

I would guess they continue the fight now.

(in reply to coldiceEVO)
Post #: 726
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/20/2021 9:01:41 PM   
nadia911

Hello, I am having some problems in this beta version:
1 - It don't allow me to build new roads, tell me that there is no connection with the main logistics network.
2 - I can't see the stock of my SHQ because it tells me that I don't have SHQ ...

Apparently this happens after annexing a minor power

< Message edited by nadia911 -- 1/20/2021 10:05:05 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 727
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/20/2021 10:53:24 PM   
redrum68

FYI, to get around this reassign every zone you have to your SHQ. The issue appears to be that after you annex a minor, all zones become assigned to no SHQ.

(in reply to nadia911)
Post #: 728
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/22/2021 4:05:53 PM   
Vic

@nadia
apologies. is fixed with .04

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to redrum68)
Post #: 729
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/22/2021 8:15:15 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

I'm getting a consistent crash during AI processing in my ongoing game after upgrading from 1.07.03 to 1.07.04. Re-applying 1.07.03 fixed it. I've sent Vic a reproduction savegame.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 730
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/22/2021 11:11:08 PM   
Luckspeare

Same. Within a few seconds after autosave completes -- and might be just my imagination, but autosave takes a little longer than I'm used to when it does this? I can forward my save to you as well if it helps.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 731
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.03-beta10 (last update 23 june!) - 1/23/2021 3:12:45 PM   
stryc

Unable to extract this archive, virus detected: Trojan:Win32/Prowloc.A!cl

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 732
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/23/2021 5:23:42 PM   
spork

On .04 I still get the SHQ problem - after annexing a minor the zone SHQs got assigned to an infantry OHQ instead. I assigned it back and after a couple of turns of supplies working themselves out it went back to normal.

I annexed another one, during the AI resolution at the end of that turn the game quits to desktop. I have a turn end save if it helps. I can probably dig up the one where the SHQs got messed up too.

If I don't annex the second minor I can end turn successfully, although it looks like the AI keeps getting stuck for a while or looping - I keep seeing the same numbers go round in the "Front #" bit, I don't know if that's normal but I don't recall seeing it before.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 733
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.03 (last update 18 jan!) - 1/23/2021 6:28:03 PM   
SadJohn

In .04 on the next turn after conquering minor city lost all resources

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 734
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/23/2021 8:16:26 PM   
Vic

Previous open beta from friday afternoon caused a big bug to sneak in. My apologies for all the crashes my dear open beta testers.

It should be fixed with v1.07.05 thats just been posted.

Keep in mind though that the fix in some cases might have lead to your Zones having no SHQ set after loading your game.

Best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to aperfecturkel)
Post #: 735
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/23/2021 9:05:04 PM   
SadJohn

Vic, thanks for great game and fast response! Last update solved my issue

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 736
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/23/2021 9:57:45 PM   
spork

Thanks Vic, amazingly fast! All seems OK now.

(in reply to SadJohn)
Post #: 737
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/24/2021 6:57:05 PM   
newageofpower

I feel like I'm getting additional lag in 1.07.05. Can't be sure though.

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 738
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/25/2021 6:46:45 PM   
Leslac

After installing the .05 update today I'm seeing worker happiness drop by 45 points over a couple of turns.

And I can't find any reason to explain why, there's nothing in the tooltip apart from the usual, nothing in any of the reports, the zone report tells me nothing. Danger isn't high, no unrest, a bit of fear, corporation is under control, no enemy is near, no events, no union boss, pop loyalty is high, pop happiness is around 70, haven't touched pay in a while, civlian pay is lower than worker pay, no new cult, no mafia etc.

It evens off around 55 happiness and then starts to climb slowly - as far as I can see. But I'll update this space when I've gone a few turns ahead.

Update - it layered out at 55 and then I got it back up again with some strats. Still no idea why it happened to begin with...

Another update - On later turns I'm seeing small inexplicable reductions. Do workers lose happiness from casualties? And I went to look in my zone report and saw "only 83% of wages were paid to workers, breaking your promise to them." Which was weird, because all wages were paid and I had money to spare in the bank...

Yet another update - just got a -13 drop in worker happiness out of nowhere. No casualties to speak of. The zone report says "paid only 88% of worker salaries. You have broken your salary promise!" - treasury is full, and cashflow overview says all wages have been paid. I'm pretty sure it's a bug...

AAAND FINAL UPDATE - I'm an idiot. I wasn't aware that you pay your workers at the end of your turn. So the "you didn't keep your promise", is basically telling me that I didn't have enough money in the bank to pay them all. I'm a much smarter person now for knowing that! I thought you paid all at the beginning of the turn with surplus etc counted in...

< Message edited by Leslac -- 1/26/2021 1:58:52 AM >

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 739
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/25/2021 11:00:48 PM   
Leslac

Also I've got a couple of suggestions for changes for the current version. And I'm basically just adding them as I play the game... Sorry for the wall of text :D

First of all - can we remove all the airplane stuff from the military council? And solely plant it in the airplane council? It's major league annoying that I'm constantly getting advanced airplane stuff from my military council at the start of a game where I don't start with extra councils, while waiting for all the simple stuff like rpg's, better guns etc. Thank God for jungles keeping my troops alive against enemy tanks...

And please do something about the centering of the game. During turnovers the screen always wants to center right and down, instead on where you ended the turn, a front or your capital f.ex. While often you don't even know where some action is happening because it's happening right at the left edge. Move the center squarely on the unit where things are happening - or the closest unit to it.

Tune down the amount of money that cult which takes your civilian cash takes. Everywhere I had them, they were nicking almost all of my civvy cash, making this cult by far the worst to have around.

Can we get tarrifs lumped in with taxes and moved to the economic council? It's always the most important thing to increase your cashflow - and you know that seems like something to do with economics. And tarriffs as their own thing just seems weird, four strats for one category? Maybe move tarrifs to the foreign council where the trade's at?
Interior council already gives you a lot of awesome leaders, xp bonuses, meetings, payment to leaders and such. There's reason enough to picking it asap without the taxes and tarrifs.

Can you do something with the militia reinforcements? I often see the militia rather create completely new units, instead of reinforcing low strength units. I've got a militia zone strength and militia at 70, but very few reinforcements are sent out to low strength units. The consequence is I've got a plethora of half or lower strength tiny militia units hanging around, mostly useless - and I can't merge them or send them back to the reinforcement pool... Maybe remove the rule that you can't disband militia units?

Artifacts... Can we maybe have a tooltip with a bit more info about them? In one game I had these awesome bees that I kept around for that really important moment. Turns out they only really work against unarmored targets - i.e. great at the beginning of the game against free folk, mutants etc. I guess I could save/load just to see what they do, but that's a waste of time...
The same goes for the fate point cards.

Postures - Often you can't read their full text in the card. Like Recon in Force or Ambush. Maybe include the full text in the popup tooltip?

Worker happiness penalties - there's no explanation for the happiness drop when you don't pay your workers at the end of the turn. As my above text shows, this is easy to miss. Include a "-13 for not paying your workers" tooltip.

Militia memorial plaque event - When you pick the choice to pay extra money to the milita, the vidcom states "The militia units gained +8 government points." What does that mean?

Corporation taxation - I'm taxing my corporation at 40%, but can't see where the taxes go? They aren't listed in the civilian income and they aren't listed in my income either? Am I missing something or is it a bug? Is taxation just there to curb the corporations growth?

As always, thanks for a great game. I'm playing it a lot - and on extreme difficulty - which means everything I've got counts.

< Message edited by Leslac -- 1/26/2021 7:06:17 PM >

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 740
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/25/2021 11:17:01 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

First of all - can we remove all the airplane stuff from the military council? And solely plant it in the airplane council? It's major league annoying that I'm constantly getting advanced airplane stuff from my military council at the start of a game where I don't start with extra councils, while waiting for all the simple stuff like rpg's, better guns etc. Thank God for jungles keeping my troops alive against enemy tanks...

If it is hard terrain, you really should go for airplanes:
Jungles implies Historical Biomass and thus fuel will be plentyfull (underground Oil reserves)
Jungles also imply a Atmosphere. And a decently dense one at that, given the gravity.
As they fly over, their range might be a dozen turns of movement for the enemy
Meanwhile in mountains, Low Altitude airplanes receive no penalty at all.

Personally I wish more councils would work that:
One basic council can draw the improtant parts and important techs. While there is a specialized one, if you realy want to focus.
But maybe a switch to turn off airplan research/at least push discovery to only happen if there is nothing else left?

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 741
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 12:02:16 AM   
Leslac

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

If it is hard terrain, you really should go for airplanes:
Jungles implies Historical Biomass and thus fuel will be plentyfull (underground Oil reserves)
Jungles also imply a Atmosphere. And a decently dense one at that, given the gravity.
As they fly over, their range might be a dozen turns of movement for the enemy
Meanwhile in mountains, Low Altitude airplanes receive no penalty at all.

Personally I wish more councils would work that:
One basic council can draw the improtant parts and important techs. While there is a specialized one, if you realy want to focus.
But maybe a switch to turn off airplan research/at least push discovery to only happen if there is nothing else left?

Thanks for the reply, but it really has little to do with what I'm asking. I'm at turn 55 and haven't discovered rpg's yet, but all the jet engine, helicopter etc. There's an airplane council, move the research there plz.

< Message edited by Leslac -- 1/26/2021 12:42:58 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 742
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 12:59:19 AM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leslac

Thanks for the reply, but it really has little to do with what I'm asking. I'm at turn 55 and haven't discovered rpg's yet, but all the jet engine, helicopter etc. There's an airplane council, move the research there plz.

I believe if you open an air force council your normal military research director will no longer discover those techs.

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 743
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 1:31:33 AM   
Leslac

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

quote:

I believe if you open an air force council your normal military research director will no longer discover those techs.

Doesn't change my opinion. Move airplane techs to the airplane council plz. When you're playing extreme difficulty and every move counts, you don't have the luxury of opening other councils just to make sure your military council does what it should do.

Post #: 744
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 2:17:52 AM   
newageofpower

Vic, scrapping stratagems seems to increase the spawn weight of that stratagem. Quite annoying to manually delete 10 (sometimes more!) Volunteer Drives every turn.

quote:

Doesn't change my opinion. Move airplane techs to the airplane council plz. When you're playing extreme difficulty and every move counts, you don't have the luxury of opening other councils just to make sure your military council does what it should do.

The only hard part vs AI, even at 'Extreme' difficulty, is surviving early game and stabilizing.

< Message edited by newageofpower -- 1/26/2021 2:34:15 AM >

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 745
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 3:45:02 AM   
Leslac

quote:

Vic, scrapping stratagems seems to increase the spawn weight of that stratagem. Quite annoying to manually delete 10 (sometimes more!) Volunteer Drives every turn.

quote:

The only hard part vs AI, even at 'Extreme' difficulty, is surviving early game and stabilizing.

The early part is exactly the problem here. Without the proper infantry equipment, I have to defend in jungles in order to keep the superior enemy back. In another game of all desert, the AI quickly outpaced me technologically and outmaneuvered me with tanks etc. In this game I can outmaneuver them in the jungles, surround and destroy them, but it's slow going, all without stuff like rpg's and such. Because my military council has discovered all the aircraft stuff first... It's simply set me way back. This shouldn't be the case when there's an airplane council that should be focused on such stuff - why even have it in the first place?

Also there are predators with hard armor, poison and laser-like attacks all over the place. Great fun and real tough!

< Message edited by Leslac -- 1/26/2021 3:46:26 AM >

Post #: 746
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 3:11:04 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

quote:

That is how I understand it too.

quote:

quote:

quote:

And my opinion is that forcing everyone to create another council that early for minimal airforce is a stupid idea!

quote:

quote:

quote:

The early part is exactly the problem here. Without the proper infantry equipment, I have to defend in jungles in order to keep the superior enemy back.

Then start on technlevel 4, where you got a AT gun and RPG researched and a model for either one ready at game start.

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 747
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/26/2021 4:12:14 PM   
Leslac

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

And my opinion is that forcing everyone to create another council that early for minimal airforce is a stupid idea!

Then start on technlevel 4, where you got a AT gun and RPG researched and a model for either one ready at game start.

You already have a minimal airforce with the superlight aircraft. If you want a real airforce, it's a safe bet to make the airforce council. Also why would I want to make the game easier to begin with? The fun is when it's hard. The problem is when the game is actively preventing me from doing something because of randomness.

But I'll suggest a compromise - move rocket engine and helicopter + everything beyond this in tech to the airforce council, then people can still get the early flying stuff from the military council. Better?

Oh and btw. - when I wrote rpg's I meant bazooka, which is the first level of AT tech. Just got it, combat armour and high speed mgs at turn 60+ because of military council researching high level airplane stuff first. Now that's stupid!

< Message edited by Leslac -- 1/26/2021 7:02:06 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 748
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/27/2021 12:19:07 PM   
BlueTemplar

Aren't there planets where (turbo)propeller/helicopter/(jet?) engines are pretty much useless ?

My first game I ended up on a 0.2g, 20% atmospheric density planet, and so I didn't even bother researching anything else than rocket engines... was I wrong ?

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 749
RE: Open Beta Patch v1.02-beta1 (last update 9 june!) - 1/27/2021 2:44:32 PM   
jimwinsor

I think the Air development system as is is fine.

Whenever you create a new cabinet position, your BPs get divided, again, evenly at first and then in proportion to any new budget settings you might make (which in itself can be a politically damaging maneuver). So, forcing you to create a cabinet minister just to research basic aircraft tech is a bit too punishing, IMO.

The system as is encourages you to create the Air ministry late game, when you are swimming in BPs, where dividing your BP allocation again actually helps deal with the efficiency drop of allocating more than 100 BPs to a single task.

This has parallels to real life. The US, for example, didn't create the United States Air Force until 1947. By this time, two world wars were fought, and aircraft development went from flimsy ultralight biplanes to early jet aircraft, 4-engine heavy prop bombers, very early helicopters, etc.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta >> RE: Open Beta Patch v1.07.01 (last update 7 jan!) Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI