Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

loading transports glitch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> loading transports glitch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
loading transports glitch - 8/17/2003 7:11:43 AM   
yamato

I am currently playing scen. 17 PBEM, and a couple of times have had weird results while loading troops onto transports. Twice this game I've attempted to load "troops only"---but after doing so and checking the barges or transports find that not only are troops I didn't select being loaded( things such as coastal guns and AA while desperately needing infantry quickly ), but also that some damged ships have been mysteriously pulled from their anchorage in port and are being loaded in the same task force.
Anyone out there run into this ? It has basically cost me the loss of a turn twice, since there is no way to undo load troops only,
I'm forced to select offload and begin loading again the next turn.
At other times they seem to be loading normally.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/special8.jpg
Post #: 1
- 8/17/2003 7:22:13 AM   
bilbow

I've seen this a couple of times too, but it's not as serious as you think. If you look at what is actually loaded, it's shows zero, and no ops points spent. If I disband the TF, then reconsitute it the problem clears, and I can load normally. It's annoying, but not really a problem. Try it.

(in reply to yamato)
Post #: 2
hmmmm - 8/17/2003 7:48:05 AM   
yamato

I'm pretty sure I checked and although it wasn't many, I believe somewhere around 20% of troops were already being shown as loaded.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/special8.jpg

(in reply to yamato)
Post #: 3
- 8/17/2003 2:39:03 PM   
DJAndrews

I've run into this fairly regularly with sub transport and fast transport. In all cases I've tryed to load one unit and instead a different unit is loaded. I've noticed that the unit loaded shows as having zero personel and that it is always a unit that has been previously sub transported or FT'd. While you can clear the unit as noted in a previous reply, I have found that UV keeps loading the same wrong unit until I disband the TF. Unfortunately you can't disband while attempting a sub evacuation and I've had raiders destroyed on a number of occasions.

(in reply to yamato)
Post #: 4
- 8/17/2003 10:20:47 PM   
denisonh

There are a number of problems related to loading transports.

They have been consistent over the versions.

Suggest searching the threads, as there have been a number of threads addressing this topic.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to yamato)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> loading transports glitch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI