Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/25/2016 7:28:53 PM   
STIENER

LOL...good 1 housies

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 31
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 9/15/2020 12:06:15 PM   
hmh25205040

I also have this problem, what can I do to fix it?

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 32
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 9/15/2020 7:15:04 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Please make sure both you and your opponent have the latest update to the game:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3796331

If you both have the latest version please let me know exactly what error you get when you perform the following steps:

1) Go to the multi-player
2) Click your opponent's name in the lobby users list.
3) Click the HOST button.

Thanks!

(in reply to hmh25205040)
Post #: 33
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 9/16/2020 2:20:45 AM   
hmh25205040

Version 1.02.My friend can not see me or read my messages. And when I join My Friend, it freezes during the connection phase.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 34
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 9/17/2020 3:37:50 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Thanks for the information. I will check with Slitherine to see if there are any issues with the back end of the lobby system. Based on the report it sounds like your friend is either running an old version (pre 1.02) or he is not receiving the list of connected users when he connects.

Please ask your friend to make sure he has allowed Close Combat Gateway to Caen to make connections through his Windows firewall. If the game is being blocked from making outside connections it would have issues like this.

https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-change-windows-10-firewall-settings-to-allow-certain-programs/

EDIT: And one last thing -- Please send me your friend's lobby user name and approximate date/time that your friend ran into this error so we can check the lobby system logs. Thanks!

< Message edited by Steve McClaire -- 9/17/2020 8:21:04 PM >

(in reply to hmh25205040)
Post #: 35
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 10/14/2020 3:51:43 AM   
RD Knight

Here is the latest complaint on the same problem as it is described in hmh25205040 complaint above. The same problem, I cannot see my opponent in the lobby when his lobby shows he is connected. We have played this game for the last 3 years without too may connection difficulties. Usually I load up first, then my opponent logs in afterwards, and I host and we connect with each other. Not tonight! We even tried reversing the process where my opponent logged into the lobby first and I followed. This time I could see him. I tried to host and we didn't connect. The we restarted with my opponent in the lobby first and me following. He tried to host again and we could not connect.

The last time we successfully connected to play was just last week (10-6-20). So, there is no compatibility issue with us. Based on our experience tonight and the complaint by the player hmh25205040 (see above), the Lobby process appears to have an occasional glitch.

Post #: 36
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 10/14/2020 3:18:51 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Knights -- please me/email me both your lobby user names and the date / approximate time you were trying to connect to each other so we can look at the lobby logs.

If you get into this situation again, please have the second person to join the lobby log out and log back in again a few times, and each time they log back in check if the problem is resolved. I am trying to troubleshoot it on the code side but have never been able to reproduce this. Thanks.

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 37
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 10/17/2020 4:02:55 AM   
SteveMcClaire

FYI - an issue with the communicating data from the lobby system to the game has been identified and resolved. This should fix the issue of some players not being able to see each other in the lobby.

If you continue to see this issue please let me know.

Post #: 38
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 11/2/2020 7:51:21 PM   
boycon2

I also have this problem. Boycon vs Tolomeo, today 21:15 GMT+2. A lot of lag on scenario menu. 1% x minute to pass file and crash on strategic screen.

Post #: 39
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 12/19/2020 7:50:44 PM   
Avimimus

I also had an issue.

Sometimes there would be failures to connect in the lobby.

One of the players reported that the menus seemed responsive, however the other found significant delays in updating information. The set-up screen would get out of sync (e.g. player-ready statuses would be reported differently for each user).

Finally the data transfer on loading a scenario was slow (would hang at 1% or take ten minutes to reach 19% and then crash).

Are there any solutions? Also, are there any ways to connect directly? I'd rather have a fix than have to seek a refund.

(in reply to boycon2)
Post #: 40
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 12/21/2020 6:14:45 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Hi Avimimus -- I will check that the back end server isn't having issues. What date / time was it when you experience this issue? Thanks!

(in reply to Avimimus)
Post #: 41
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 12/24/2020 4:22:43 PM   
Avimimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Hi Avimimus -- I will check that the back end server isn't having issues. What date / time was it when you experience this issue? Thanks!

December 19th from 1:30 to 3:30pm EST

< Message edited by Avimimus -- 12/24/2020 4:23:18 PM >

Post #: 42
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 12/28/2020 5:14:37 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Avimimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

December 19th from 1:30 to 3:30pm EST

Thanks. I have asked the guys who manage the back end to check things but I probably won't hear back until after they return from Christmas break next week.

I did a test multiplayer game with Gateway to Caen and didn't see any issues -- are you still seeing them now?

(in reply to Avimimus)
Post #: 43
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/27/2021 3:30:44 AM   
RD Knight

Well it's happened again! On Monday night (1/25/2021) and tonight (1/26/2021) I was not able to complete a connection with my opponent (that same opponent as in my previous no-connection experience). We both got into the game lobby, but when I invited him to connect, he was unable to see my avatar (screen name). Game data was not DLing to his computer when I switched to the strategic screen. Now, before you (Matrix PIP) start thinking there must have been a problem with my opponent's computer (or mine), you need to understand that just last week we were playing GtC flawlessly! The game server was connecting us quickly even. So, again, there is a connection problem between our systems that appears (to me) to originate with the game server. The last time we experienced this kind of problem, something was done to the game server to correct a malfunction (perhaps a reboot??). Can someone please do a little server maintenance to make sure it is working as designed.

PS.. These problems have occurred between 7:45 PM (PST) and 8:00 PM on both nights.

< Message edited by RD Knight -- 1/27/2021 3:33:24 AM >

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 44
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/27/2021 4:47:59 AM   
yannibowls

Same issue as RD Knight. I am unable to receive game data from opponent.

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 45
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/27/2021 5:14:38 AM   
STIENER

i also have the same issues as RD Knights above...exact same things happening. this is tue nite PST at 9;30 pm

(in reply to yannibowls)
Post #: 46
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/27/2021 6:31:42 PM   
SteveMcClaire

We're taking a look at this.

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 47
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/27/2021 7:04:58 PM   
Steiner33

i also have the same issues as RD Knights above. 27/01/2021 21:00 h

Post #: 48
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 3:41:37 AM   
RD Knight

OK, the server has NOT been fixed/rebooted yet, as of 19:45 hrs PST. We tried multiple times again tonight to play and could not connect. This is what our experience was, in detail: We both showed up in the Lobby and could see each other' screen name. I clicked "host" and waited for us to connect. I got to the next screen and my opponent (screen name Hetser) got to the next game screen as well. We tried three times get beyond this point without success. One time, I chose the game file and clicked "Ready'. My screen name lit up green as it should do. But, Hetser could not see my screen name, or he would be able to click Ready and get a green name, but he couldn't see my name. One time even though I had a green lit name, and I could not see Hetser, he clicked Ready anyway in order to try to advance to the strategic game screen. However, Hetser's game did not receive any game data.

Now hear this Matrix, even though this game's usage may have diminished considerably since it's introduction, this consumer is disappointed in you for not maintaining the game system that avoids the problems I and others, have been experiencing. This is not the first time these connection problems have occurred. Please prioritize troubleshooting time for sort out the server (or the logic that makes it operate)!!

(in reply to Steiner33)
Post #: 49
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 4:59:11 AM   
STIENER

well said RD Knight. i agree with you 100%. this was what we thought would eventually happen and we voiced our concerns about this when matrix went to this lobby system. matrix at that time assured us that there would be no issues with the lobby system and they would be on top of it.
i wonder who was right?

12 or so of us regular CC players posted on the TLD forum about the arbitrary change matrix made to vehicles getting automatically fixed when damaged and matrix couldnt even bother to respond to us. thats just BAD PR really. a change they made at the request of one player???

yup not happy. when the lobby is left not working, players and especially new players, just leave and dont come back and move on to other companys and games. seriously matrix u guys need to step up ur game.

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 50
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 3:28:09 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD Knight

OK, the server has NOT been fixed/rebooted yet, as of 19:45 hrs PST. We tried multiple times again tonight to play and could not connect. This is what our experience was, in detail: We both showed up in the Lobby and could see each other' screen name. I clicked "host" and waited for us to connect. I got to the next screen and my opponent (screen name Hetser) got to the next game screen as well. We tried three times get beyond this point without success. One time, I chose the game file and clicked "Ready'. My screen name lit up green as it should do. But, Hetser could not see my screen name, or he would be able to click Ready and get a green name, but he couldn't see my name. One time even though I had a green lit name, and I could not see Hetser, he clicked Ready anyway in order to try to advance to the strategic game screen. However, Hetser's game did not receive any game data.

Now hear this Matrix, even though this game's usage may have diminished considerably since it's introduction, this consumer is disappointed in you for not maintaining the game system that avoids the problems I and others, have been experiencing. This is not the first time these connection problems have occurred. Please prioritize troubleshooting time for sort out the server (or the logic that makes it operate)!!

Sorry you are still having issues. We are not seeing these in our testing, but both the game and server teams are working to try and determine the source of the problems you are having. Can you provide the rough geo positions of both players, in case it makes a difference.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 51
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 3:31:55 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Thank you for the additional information, Knights. Given what you have said, it sounds like this issue is different than the previous one. It is under investigation and I will post here when I have more information.

For others experiencing this issue -- please post if you have the same sort of problem (can not continue after connecting to your opponent) or if you're seeing a different issue.

Thanks,

Steve

(in reply to RD Knight)
Post #: 52
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 7:25:55 PM   
STIENER

@ pip...im in Vancouver canada.....yannibowls is in seattle....RD Knights is in California....and hetzer is in Quebec canada. knights and hetzer are playing and yannibowls and i are playing.

Post #: 53
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 7:34:39 PM   
Steiner33

I have the same issue. Sometimes I couldn't complete the connection with my opponent. Sometimes, when I invited my opponent, I couldn't see his name. And the maximum progress we were able to make was downloading 27% to 79% of the scenario.
Thanks

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steiner33 -- 1/29/2021 7:43:17 PM >

Post #: 54
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 7:48:48 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Are any of your running a direct connection, verses using the routing server?

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Steiner33)
Post #: 55
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 8:01:30 PM   
Steiner33

direct connection? we use multiplayer lobby.
sorry but i dont undestand

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 56
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 8:33:50 PM   
STIENER

@ pip.....as far as i know the 4 of us are NOT direct connected

< Message edited by STIENER -- 1/29/2021 8:34:16 PM >

(in reply to Steiner33)
Post #: 57
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/29/2021 10:27:10 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Direct connection occurs when the host open the appropriate ports on their router. This is generally not needed as the routing server exists to avoid the need. We are looking into some odd behavior on the server, and especially why it seems to be occurring intermittently for you guys. Hopefully we can get it worked out asap.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 58
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/30/2021 7:52:18 PM   
Steiner33

No direct connection

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 59
RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby - 1/30/2021 8:06:21 PM   
Steiner33

Phanter in the fog seems to have the same issue

< Message edited by Steiner33 -- 1/30/2021 8:08:31 PM >

(in reply to Steiner33)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> RE: Can't connect to opponent in lobby Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI