Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Back and looking for blood !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Back and looking for blood ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back and looking for blood ! - 8/17/2003 7:33:32 PM   
ArticFire

Hello again everyone,

It has been many moons since I last apeared here. I am genuinly looking foward to filling up my free time playing against some people. For those that remember me hello again , and for the new faces round here I look foward to meeting you on the battlefield.

So I have an infinite amount of free time I need some PBEM's to fill up. Anyone up for a game ? I generally if I remember like to play 40-42 decent sized armies with a lot of turns. I was most partial to the germans so I think I will stick with them for my first few battles at least.

Anyone who is hot under the collar to play set up the game and post the file and we can get started immediatly. All slots are open atm so whatever works for you.\

p.s. guess I should mention I am using 7.1

p.s.s I will need to do all turn swapping via the forums here.

"The true measure of a hero is one who would lay down their lives in full knowledge that the people they save would never know their sacrifice"
Post #: 1
- 8/17/2003 11:32:37 PM   
CommadantFox

Ooooo...infinite free time! Just like me! I'll play you, you just name your specifications, and I'll try to set it up....I'm a newbie, but exp. is best got against those that can beat you.

I am not retreating...I am merely performing a strategic retrograde manuvaer!

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 2
- 8/18/2003 12:04:19 AM   
ArticFire

year 40-42 you pick
no prelaid mines
no air
10% arty
C&C off
meeting eng
say 6k points
40 turns

I'll take germany against your whatever. Set it up and post the file and well get started ! Don't think I forgot any settings but it has been a long time :)

"The true measure of a hero is one who would lay down their lives in full knowledge that the people they save would never know their sacrifice"

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 3
- 8/18/2003 1:11:11 AM   
CommadantFox

Here we go! Set it April 1942, Me as Soviets you as Germans. Should be pretty interesting...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 4
- 8/18/2003 3:12:17 AM   
VikingNo2

ArticFire long time, welcome back. I enjoyed our games would you be interested in another game.

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 5
- 8/18/2003 5:40:46 AM   
rbrunsman

Welcome back.

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 6
- 8/18/2003 3:23:57 PM   
ArticFire

sure viking just set one up. Go ahead and make a post in the DAR forum for it and we can get started

heya rb , you up for a game as well ?

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 7
- 8/18/2003 4:34:55 PM   
ArticFire

The german army is all set up and ready to rumble. Think I remembered how to do everything lol.

The map is going to be bloody thats for sure. Wooded countryside with a big open area in the middle. The open area in the middle is riddled with hills. There are a few rivers running threw the map which will make manuvors .. interesting. Many vantage points for AT's and the like. Hiding movements on this map is going to be difficult at best.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 8
- 8/18/2003 11:14:33 PM   
VikingNo2

Here you go Mr ArticFire, US vs Germany 1943

Please no mines unless your engineers lay them

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 9
- 8/19/2003 6:12:17 AM   
CommadantFox

Here ya go laddy! Mayhaps these odd Russian tactics I've heard of will work for me...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 10
- 8/19/2003 11:00:01 AM   
ArticFire

Ahh what a pleasant countryside. Priliminary barage of arty seems to have been targeted decently. Oddly the Soviets choose not to engage their big guns.

Scout units roll foward and take up overlooking positions. Reports of a very large amoured division moving threw the middle is reported. The front most soviet AC is used as target practice, it sustains some damage.

More tanks spooted in the northern front. Southern front looks quiet.

Soviets apear to be strongly pushing the middle with a contingent for the north. Soviet southern forces are either a lot slower moving threw the trees or he is weak in the south. Concern as always perlifirates in the commanders mind about how to deal with the overly thick skinned soviet metal monstrosities.

Second arty barage is launched at soviet positions. Sadly the vast majority missing their target. Luckly spread out enough to provide some amount of smoke on top of those hills to hide our movements from the soviet tanks of which there are far to many for comfort.

P.S. Don't forget to turn fast artillery off plz.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 11
- 8/19/2003 11:00:54 AM   
ArticFire

Ok viking gimmy a couple days. Just had a surgery today so am a bit to drugged up to be picking a battleforce :)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 12
- 8/19/2003 11:48:00 AM   
CommadantFox

Uneventful. Spotted 2 PzIIIs, and several recce units, motorcycles. Single scout car. Advancing as planned. Enemy light bombardment generally ineffective. Note: Need Mechanics. T-34 breakdown. Drats. Otherwise, precceding as planned.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 13
- 8/19/2003 9:05:20 PM   
ArticFire

Ahh the tast of blood. One Soviet AC bites the dust to long range AT fire. 3 Foward T-34's and an AC are fired heavly apon. Damaging the suspension on one 34 (the only one really shot at). At the end of turn that same hill recived some roket lovin effectivness unknown.

A couple German MC squads get a bit to close to soviet AC's and lose a few men. Soviet return fire in general is minimal and ineffective. Those 120mm mortors of theirs finially opened up at the end of turn blasted the dickens out of a hill in the north. The only thing I could think watching it was "Thank heavens none of my troops are under that mess". :)

More german arty is plotted for the large mass of tanks moving threw the middle. Scouting has revield the soviet battle plan. Mobile infintry is spotted following the large tank collum. Totalled there are aprox 35-40 Tanks/AC's moving threw the middle.

North front battle plan has been finialized due to recent intell. The hill the soviets sand blasted is going to play a pivital roll up there.

Middle (wide open with hills) is where the soviet forces are concentrated. Mostly (IL-2's?) and a healthy spackling of T-34's , followed by mobile infintry in trucks (at least we assume they have inf in them could be AT just the same). Soviets are probing deep with their AC's. We will lose at least a couple MC squads during the soviet turn that at least is certain.

Southern front is non exsitant. Deep recon probs have reviled no soviet presence in the south so far. Plans for the south continue on schedual. A brave all be it ill fated MC squad snatches a couple V hexs in the south.

Overall this is going to get really messy really fast. Soviets are pushing extremly hard in the middle for the hills there. Just now comming into range of our guns. A mid - long range firefight is in the works in about 2-3 turns. The only real question will the soviet armour be able to withstand the punishment it will recive to aquier those postions and hold them. Evedince of an intention to flank north is aprent. Why the soviets have left the south so open is unkown and recon continues to look for "suprises".

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 14
- 8/20/2003 3:52:02 AM   
CommadantFox

All is going more or less as planned. Enemy bombardment has caused no damage. He appears to simply be sitting back and sniping with 88s (lost a tank) or merely waiting for more intell.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 15
- 8/20/2003 4:18:02 AM   
Frank W.

sorry to interupt !

doesn´t this belong in the DAR section ?

btw: any of you ppl. want to play against my GI´s ? my planned opponent has dissapeared :mad:

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 16
- 8/20/2003 9:18:25 AM   
ArticFire

Commandant fox , I do belive you replayed the last turn. Please download the correct file from my post above and play the correct turn.

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 17
- 8/20/2003 9:20:06 AM   
ArticFire

Frank what is the setup for the game of which you speak ?I would probly be interested in playingya.

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 18
- 8/20/2003 8:40:21 PM   
Frank W.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ArticFire
[B]Frank what is the setup for the game of which you speak ?I would probly be interested in playingya. [/B][/QUOTE]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43440&goto=newpost

look here , all terms etc. are detailed there.

i ended 2 of my games soon, so i have the time for this one to play a little less rushed i hope.

( in a other game i playing , my opp. has taken my rear area vic hexes without noting me this :mad: ).

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 19
- 8/21/2003 3:17:29 AM   
CommadantFox

Ach! You were right! Well, here ya go....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 20
- 8/21/2003 12:42:03 PM   
ArticFire

The soviet forces aparently don't belive in infintry. They are also barreling foward with no aparent regard to safty. They lose another couple of vehicles this turn. They have rolled 150mm bloody monstrosities up the northern hill. One of which is shot a lot.

More panzers are forced to expose thier positions to fire on the visible soviet tanks. The bulk of their tank force seems to be holding position in the rear middle for some reason.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ArticFire)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted >> Back and looking for blood ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI