Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lag

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Black Sea >> Lag Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lag - 1/21/2021 2:57:12 PM   
wodin

I'm having terrible lag whilst playing. Making it impossible to play to be honest.

Post #: 1
RE: Lag - 1/23/2021 5:43:52 AM   
Emx77

Do you mean game runs slugish with low FPS count?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Lag - 1/23/2021 1:12:57 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I'm having terrible lag whilst playing. Making it impossible to play to be honest.

What are your Computer's Specifications?

I have been running Black Sea since it became available without problems. However I have the Battlefront edition, although there should not be a difference.

< Message edited by z1812 -- 1/23/2021 1:13:41 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Lag - 2/16/2021 10:47:48 PM   
bootlegger267

I have the same issue, but not continuous. I am running the Steam version of the game. Playing it in WEGO mode. The game almost seems as though it freezes, then after a minute or two, all is well. I can see this being a big problem in RTS mode though. Also, it also affects the whole computer, not just the game. It acts like an old time "Memory Leak" issue.

Playing the Morning Coffee" Scenario

System Specs:

Intel I7 quad Core 3.40GHZ
Radeon FX 570 4GB Ram
16GB System Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (Which is SP3) X64

< Message edited by bootlegger267 -- 2/18/2021 5:25:00 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 4
RE: Lag - 2/18/2021 4:31:18 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: bootlegger267

I have the same issue, but not continuous. I am running the Steam version of the game. Playing it in WEGO mode. The game almost seems as though it freezes, then after a minute or two, all is well. I can see this being a big problem in RTS mode though. Also, it also affects the whole computer, not just the game. It acts like an old time "Memory Leak" issue.

Playing the Morning Coffee" Scenario

System Specs:

Intel I7 quad Core 3.40GHZ
Radeon FX 570 2GB Ram
16GB System Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (Which is SP3) X64

Similar. The playback is OK. But trying to don anything out of playback ends up a nightmare. want to click on a unit, well give it a min or so then it happens. Once this starts it just gets worse. The game remembers all the inputs but it can be a min or more before it starts to do them! Makes the game unplayable. It might just be the Steam versions. The CM games I've bought from BF work fine. SF2 through Steam has same issue.

My old BF Black Sea version works fine.

Win 10 64bit
RYzen 1600 CPU
AMD RX480 8 gig GPU
16gig 3200 memory

< Message edited by wodin -- 2/18/2021 4:32:27 PM >

(in reply to bootlegger267)
Post #: 5
RE: Lag - 2/18/2021 9:28:44 PM   
bootlegger267

Ok..This is a graphical issue...Playing around with the different in game graphic/video settings, when I set the 3d Model and Terrain to "Balanced" for both, no lag issues.

My rig can handle some serious graphical games with no problem.(Train Simulator, Sniper 4, GTA, etc)

Hope this helps...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Lag - 2/19/2021 8:33:49 PM   
TableTop66

Sounds like classic steam lag that effects some of your games but not all of them. Personel experince with Steam lag has been with only one game, namely American Truck Simulator in which lag was chronic to the point of unplayable.

Try the usual steam performance tricks and see if it eliminates the lag.

Settings > In-Game > Disable Steam Overlay. ( Known to cause heavy lag in some games if enabled )
Settings > Downloads > Click the Clear Downloads Cache.
Settings > Libary > ensure the following are ticked - Low Bandwith Mode, Low Performance Mode - Click OK.

Steam Libary > Right click the game in your Steam Library that is giving you problems > Local Files > Verify Integrity Of Game Files.

After doing the usual above I still had lag problems with just American Truck Simulator so I tried the following command line which I entered into American Truck Simulator Launch Options and it has completely elimnated lag, no guarantees it will work for Combat Mission games but worth a try.

Steam Libary > Right click the game in your Steam Library that is giving you problems > Properties > General Tab > Launch Options. ( Copy and paste the following command below into the games launch options )

-console +fps_max 99999999 +cl_cmdrate 100 +cl_updaterate 100 -dxlevel

After doing the above, reboot your computer to ensure changes take effect.

Hopefully the above will help you if your not familiar with Steam problems and if the lag is still persistent after trying the above then you are going to have to experiment with graphics settings such as with the 3d Model and Terrain mentioned by "bootlegger267" above along with disable V/Sync - Anti-Aliasing in game and trying V/Sync - Anti-Aliasing options in your graphic card software.

< Message edited by TableTop66 -- 2/19/2021 8:34:47 PM >

(in reply to bootlegger267)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Black Sea >> Lag Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI