Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bacon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/14/2021 3:47:11 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddiaz79

Hello Everyone,
Hopefully someone can help me. I recently downloaded the Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome but had problems running the game because my windows version was windows 10 20H2.

Once I figured out that I had to download the separate exe from the link above for windows 10 20H2, I decided to download but got a warning from my antivirus bit defender that it was a Trojan. I downloaded after careful review of comments and the mod started to work. However, my Bit defender antivirus automatically removed the exe and stated that it was a gen variant Bulz either a virus or trojan and deleted the exe distant worlds exe which automatically crashed the game of course. I then started to scan the exe that was provided in the link above that states for windows ten 2004 use this and it kept being detected as a virus or jrojan.

My question is should I be worried, Is this EXE that allows the Bacon Mod to run 1.81R a virus/Trojan? Should I delete the mod and completely remove every file? is the link above compromised?

Hi. I'm the creator of the mod and I also use Bit Defender. There is no virus. I believe it has to do with the compilation steps I had to use to make it work with the latest Windows 10 update. It is a real pain in the ass because even when I'm building the exe Bit Defender tries to delete it. You have to make an exception for the file in Bit Defender. If you have the file in more than one place on your computer you will have to make an exception for each in Bit Defender. This is what I have to do when I'm compiling it.
I will send the file to Bit Defender and have them look at it. I had to do this once before in the past and they confirmed it was a false positive. The Bacon mod has been around for about 4 years and sometimes these thigns happen.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to eddiaz79)
Post #: 1321
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/14/2021 8:51:53 PM   
eddiaz79

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I created an exception for Bitdefender and it is now working.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1322
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/16/2021 6:10:54 AM   
eddiaz79

Question, I am currently playing a game 2000 stars and probably still early game and my FPS is dropping to like 8-10 FPS. It varies of course and sometimes it is at 98 FPS, but I notice that it does sometimes or most times drop to the low FPS. Any suggestions? Yes, there are 100's if not probably 1000 ships in the galaxy. My Pc is Ryzen 3800X and 32 gig with 5700X Gpu so it's not old. Suggestions?

(in reply to eddiaz79)
Post #: 1323
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/16/2021 7:47:29 AM   
zumzoom

Common issue for big galaxies, especially if you are actively using fighters and bombers - though probably your opponents use them, so there is no way around it. I crashed or completely froze after some 30 years of playtime when playing 2000 star map. Last time I played 1000 size and it didn't have that issue, thinking of trying 1400 next time.

Also, there is the issue with travel vectors that affects fps - can be turned off for civilian or state ships on the right bottom panel. Someone mentioned that turning off for civilian ships has fixed it for them.

(in reply to eddiaz79)
Post #: 1324
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/16/2021 2:09:17 PM   
RogerBacon

Turn off travel vectors as was previously suggested. Also, you can turn off range circles with the !rangecircles toggle. You'll have to do that each time you start a game but in the upcomming version of Bacon Mod I'm making that a setting in the Bacon settings file. Lastly, when panning or zooming the map it will go a lot smoother if you don't have anything selected. If you want to jump to specific zoom level use the hotkeys for those levels.

(in reply to zumzoom)
Post #: 1325
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/18/2021 5:38:11 AM   
Nikratio

Apologies if this is a very naive question. I'm new to mods, but even lots of googling didn't help me with the following question:

Could you describe in a bit more detail the changes that you made to the .exe file and - more importantly - how you did this? Did you disassemble, modify and recompile the code?

I'm amazed that it's possible to do meaningful changes to a binary file.. or is there some trick that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

< Message edited by Nikratio -- 2/18/2021 5:39:11 AM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1326
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/18/2021 9:08:44 AM   
ImpLicht

Hello erverybody,

apologies in advance for my bad english, i´m not a native speaker. Thank you for this outstanding mod!

Yesterday I experienced a strange situation when I started a new game (DWU, Bacon Mod, UE II), build a starport etc.
In Vanilla there is a bonus income while the civilian sector builds freighters, miners and so on. Unlike Vanilla there was a bonus income visible but it didn´t get into my cash stack.
I wonder if this is because of the Bacon Mod? WAD? Maybe a problem with merging the two mods?
Do you have any suggestions what could be the problem? Could it be UE II?
Thank you very much!

(in reply to Nikratio)
Post #: 1327
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/18/2021 9:28:56 AM   
zumzoom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImpLicht

Hello erverybody,

apologies in advance for my bad english, i´m not a native speaker. Thank you for this outstanding mod!

Yesterday I experienced a strange situation when I started a new game (DWU, Bacon Mod, UE II), build a starport etc.
In Vanilla there is a bonus income while the civilian sector builds freighters, miners and so on. Unlike Vanilla there was a bonus income visible but it didn´t get into my cash stack.
I wonder if this is because of the Bacon Mod? WAD? Maybe a problem with merging the two mods?
Thank you very much!

It's a change from a recent update.
In the BaconSettings txt file you need to find this line: privateBuildCostToStateMoney=0.0
I have it set to 0.5 so that gives half of the money private sector spends on building ships back to them. The default setting gives them 100% iirc (0.0).
If you want it to be vanilla - set it to 1.0

< Message edited by zumzoom -- 2/18/2021 10:57:00 AM >

(in reply to ImpLicht)
Post #: 1328
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/18/2021 1:00:04 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: zumzoom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ImpLicht

Hello erverybody,

Thank you very much!

It's a change from a recent update.
In the BaconSettings txt file you need to find this line: privateBuildCostToStateMoney=0.0
I have it set to 0.5 so that gives half of the money private sector spends on building ships back to them. The default setting gives them 100% iirc (0.0).
If you want it to be vanilla - set it to 1.0

This is absolutely correct. Also, the money that doesn't go to the government goes toward infrastructure at the planet it is built on instead. You can see the total spending on infrastructure with Ctrl-Enter with the planet selected. To find out more about infrastructure refer to the !infrastructure command in the readme.

(in reply to zumzoom)
Post #: 1329
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/19/2021 10:06:34 PM   
eddiaz79

Hello RogerBacon and Everyone,

I have another question and I hope you can help me. So i restarted my game with 1000 stars and about 20 players hoping to reduce the lag that we discussed previously. I have also noticed something new or something that I did not notice before because I guess I did not play for long. The game tends to crash sometime after is save the game. Is this a known issue? Also, So far just once or maybe twice my game has also crash or straight to windows and I get an error with something like ran out of memory. Is this also a known Issue? I have rysen 7 3800X, 5700XT and 32gig and all are also SSD drives sp my computer is not an issue. Any comments would be appreciated.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1330
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/20/2021 1:43:41 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

I have another question and I hope you can help me. So i restarted my game with 1000 stars and about 20 players hoping to reduce the lag that we discussed previously. I have also noticed something new or something that I did not notice before because I guess I did not play for long. The game tends to crash sometime after is save the game. Is this a known issue? Also, So far just once or maybe twice my game has also crash or straight to windows and I get an error with something like ran out of memory. Is this also a known Issue? I have rysen 7 3800X, 5700XT and 32gig and all are also SSD drives sp my computer is not an issue. Any comments would be appreciated.

The last exe I released I neglected to run through Large Address Aware (LAA) and some people have reported memory crash issues. That's probably the issue.

(in reply to eddiaz79)
Post #: 1331
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/20/2021 6:24:58 PM   
eddiaz79

Rogerbacon, thanks for your quick reply. I understand but I downloaded the Large Address Aware (LAA) and I have been using it when it occurred. So should I stop?

Also here is another crash error below. Please let me know your opinion.

An Error has occurred. Distant worlds will now exit.

Details of the error are below:

Error Code: ProGx

System.ArgumentException: Parameter in not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(int32 width, int32height, pixelformat format)
at DistantWorlds.Main.PrepareEngineExhaust (BuiltObject ship, Bitmap Shipimage)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.Method_76()
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.DrawMainViewXna ()
at DistantWorlds.Controls.Main.ProgramLoop ()

Can anyone explain this for me? Should I reduce the game to 500 stars? 5 races?

< Message edited by eddiaz79 -- 2/20/2021 7:10:16 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1332
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/21/2021 1:58:01 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Rogerbacon, thanks for your quick reply. I understand but I downloaded the Large Address Aware (LAA) and I have been using it when it occurred. So should I stop?

Also here is another crash error below. Please let me know your opinion.

An Error has occurred. Distant worlds will now exit.

Details of the error are below:

Error Code: ProGx

System.ArgumentException: Parameter in not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(int32 width, int32height, pixelformat format)
at DistantWorlds.Main.PrepareEngineExhaust (BuiltObject ship, Bitmap Shipimage)
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.Method_76()
at DistantWorlds.Controls.MainView.DrawMainViewXna ()
at DistantWorlds.Controls.Main.ProgramLoop ()

Can anyone explain this for me? Should I reduce the game to 500 stars? 5 races?

From that error it looks like the bitmap it is trying to draw is not valid. Maybe one of the engine exhaust picture files got deleted somehow?

(in reply to eddiaz79)
Post #: 1333
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/21/2021 6:30:31 PM   
eddiaz79

Would replacing the ship designs of one race just the ship designs cause this issue?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1334
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/22/2021 2:20:30 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

Would replacing the ship designs of one race just the ship designs cause this issue?

Possibly. It is definitely related to an image file not being found. I'd revert to the original images and see if it fixes the problem.

As a side note, the Bacon mod allows for mroe than one cruiser, destroyer, etc for each race. I don't think you've added any but if you have, you can not remove them and load a saved game that had them.

(in reply to eddiaz79)
Post #: 1335
RE: Bacon Mod - 2/25/2021 3:27:57 PM   
RogerBacon

Version 1.82 released.
This version should work with both Win 10 2004 patched and non-patched systems.

Range circles is now an option in BaconSettings. The in-game toggle still can be used to turn them on or off as before.

Max planet population which pirates can exert influence over is now adjustable in BaconSettings. In vanilla DWU a planet with a high population is immune from pirate influence. This made pirates useless in an old galaxy start.

Pirate Base options You can now set how many troops defend each level of pirate base. Also, you can add troops using money. See Readme for details.

Custom Difficulty Settings Now different aspects of the game's difficulty can have different factors applied to it.

From the BaconSettings.txt:
// These settings allow for custom difficulty for the player empire. The default values for the difficulty settings are 0.7, 1.0, 1.25, 1.6, 2.0 for all parameters (colony corruption, mining, etc.). Difficuly factors only affect the player empire.
// Now you can set a seperate factor for each parameter of difficulty.
// ColonyCorruptionFactor, WarWearinessFactor multiply by the factor
// ResearchRate, PopulationGrowthRate, MiningRate, ColonyIncomeFactor, and ColonyShipBuildSpeedRate divide by the factor.
// CountermeasuresFactor and TargettingFactor, are divided by the square root of the factor.
// Valid range is 0.01 - 10.0
// To use these vaules in game you must use the command !setdifficulty after the game starts.
// Note: Do not check "difficulty scales up" during game creatuion or it will override these values.
customDifficultyColonyCorruptionFactor=1
customDifficultyWarWearinessFactor=1
customDifficultyResearchRate=1
customDifficultyPopulationGrowthRate=1
customDifficultyMiningRate=1
customDifficultyTargettingFactor=1
customDifficultyCountermeasuresFactor=1
customDifficultyColonyShipBuildSpeedRate=1
customDifficultyColonyIncomeFactor=1

Note that BitDefender (and possibly others) still falg the exe as a virus. This made compiling and building quite bothersome. When you copy the ese your AV will probably delete it. For BitDefender just click "restore" and you will be fine. You will have to do this for each folder location where you copy the exe. I will sent the file to Bid Defender today and ask them to fix their false positive. I guess I shouldn't be too upset. I'd rather suffere through a hundred false positives than one false negative.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1336
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/2/2021 2:15:27 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

Version 1.82 released.
This version should work with both Win 10 2004 patched and non-patched systems.

Range circles is now an option in BaconSettings. The in-game toggle still can be used to turn them on or off as before.

Max planet population which pirates can exert influence over is now adjustable in BaconSettings. In vanilla DWU a planet with a high population is immune from pirate influence. This made pirates useless in an old galaxy start.

Pirate Base options You can now set how many troops defend each level of pirate base. Also, you can add troops using money. See Readme for details.

Custom Difficulty Settings Now different aspects of the game's difficulty can have different factors applied to it.

From the BaconSettings.txt:
// These settings allow for custom difficulty for the player empire. The default values for the difficulty settings are 0.7, 1.0, 1.25, 1.6, 2.0 for all parameters (colony corruption, mining, etc.). Difficuly factors only affect the player empire.
// Now you can set a seperate factor for each parameter of difficulty.
// ColonyCorruptionFactor, WarWearinessFactor multiply by the factor
// ResearchRate, PopulationGrowthRate, MiningRate, ColonyIncomeFactor, and ColonyShipBuildSpeedRate divide by the factor.
// CountermeasuresFactor and TargettingFactor, are divided by the square root of the factor.
// Valid range is 0.01 - 10.0
// To use these vaules in game you must use the command !setdifficulty after the game starts.
// Note: Do not check "difficulty scales up" during game creatuion or it will override these values.
customDifficultyColonyCorruptionFactor=1
customDifficultyWarWearinessFactor=1
customDifficultyResearchRate=1
customDifficultyPopulationGrowthRate=1
customDifficultyMiningRate=1
customDifficultyTargettingFactor=1
customDifficultyCountermeasuresFactor=1
customDifficultyColonyShipBuildSpeedRate=1
customDifficultyColonyIncomeFactor=1

Note that BitDefender (and possibly others) still falg the exe as a virus. This made compiling and building quite bothersome. When you copy the ese your AV will probably delete it. For BitDefender just click "restore" and you will be fine. You will have to do this for each folder location where you copy the exe. I will sent the file to Bid Defender today and ask them to fix their false positive. I guess I shouldn't be too upset. I'd rather suffere through a hundred false positives than one false negative.

DW works again!!! Thank you sir!!

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1337
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/3/2021 9:32:15 AM   
Noyyau

Thanks for the rangecircles option!
And unexpected bonus with custom difficulty parameters!
One little clarification:
"To use these vaules in game you must use the command !setdifficulty after the game starts."
Does this mean only once after creating a brand new game (and they are then kept in the savegame I suppose), or every time a savegame is loaded ?

Finally, would it be possible to have a command for repeating mining missions? Similar to the repeating cargo and passenger missions.

Thanks

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 1338
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/3/2021 11:37:47 AM   
Snake0437

quote:

quote:

The last exe I released I neglected to run through Large Address Aware (LAA) and some people have reported memory crash issues. That's probably the issue.

I can confirm the problem, but it's not related to the latest(previous) exe and LAA - this problem presents from long time ago, maybe 2 years or more I'am encountering this issues periodically.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1339
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/3/2021 1:28:35 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noyyau

Thanks for the rangecircles option!
And unexpected bonus with custom difficulty parameters!
One little clarification:
"To use these vaules in game you must use the command !setdifficulty after the game starts."
Does this mean only once after creating a brand new game (and they are then kept in the savegame I suppose), or every time a savegame is loaded ?

Finally, would it be possible to have a command for repeating mining missions? Similar to the repeating cargo and passenger missions.

Thanks

Just once. The information is stored in the save game file.
However, if you want to change difficulty mid-game you can do so. Change the values in the BaconSettings, rerun the game, load your save game and use the !setdifficulty command.

(in reply to Noyyau)
Post #: 1340
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/3/2021 4:12:39 PM   
Snake0437

By the way, looks like in ver 1.82 there is a problem appeared :( Free traders system is broken now. Now free traders can't interact with the new colonies/bases/ships, so cannot trade with objects. The old ones (colonies/bases/ships), which was created before the update, are working OK. I've tested with a newly created free trader ship - it can trade with old colonies, but cannot interact with new ones...
Started a new game, and tested - the problem presents from the fresh game beginning :(

Can somebody, please, test this to confirm?..

< Message edited by Snake0437 -- 3/3/2021 4:13:22 PM >

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1341
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/5/2021 1:55:32 AM   
Burnrate

EDIT: Ran the 1.82 as admin and it all works fine so far, except for that it runs in about 70% of my screen space after the game starts.

EDIT 2: For the DistantWorlds.exe RightClick->Properties->Compatability->Change high DPI settings I enabled Override high DPI scaling behavior and set the Scaling performed by 'System(Enhanced)' and it filles the screen now :) Now I just need to figure out a way to have it run in my second monitor.

----

I tried 1.79 to 1.82 and couldn't get any to work :(. 1.79 shows both prompt windows but crashes as soon as it starts rendering something. All the others showed nothing. I tried the link to tinyupload for win 2004 and it warns of Trojan:Win32/Masson.A!rfn and is very difficult to avoid getting the file deleted. Waaaay to difficult to make work.

Anyone having any recent luck with this?

< Message edited by Burnrate -- 3/5/2021 2:54:45 PM >

(in reply to Snake0437)
Post #: 1342
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/5/2021 2:01:17 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Burnrate

EDIT: Ran the 1.82 as admin and it all works fine so far, except for that it runs in about 70% of my screen space after the game starts.

Does it do that in non-modded version too? What resolution is your monitor?
In you settings.ini file you can set width and height.

(in reply to Burnrate)
Post #: 1343
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/5/2021 2:57:46 PM   
Burnrate

quote:

Does it do that in non-modded version too? What resolution is your monitor?
In you settings.ini file you can set width and height.

It did not do it in the non-modded version. I fixed it by changing the .exe scaling (in my second edit above). I had not messed with the Startup.ini (did you mean Startup.ini instead of settings.ini?) at all.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1344
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/6/2021 6:23:30 PM   
cpt.Sutech

Hello, i have a problem with FTL, colony ship and cruisers in fleet dont jumping, they have under size limit, longer distance than 3000(i re-writte distance in cfg.), have more power than 0. I totaly dont know what is wrong... any advice?

I thing i now where is the problem every ship have blue circle in system that inhibit jumps inside?
sorry my eng. is not great...

< Message edited by cpt.Sutech -- 3/6/2021 6:36:20 PM >

(in reply to Burnrate)
Post #: 1345
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/6/2021 11:29:05 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt.Sutech

Hello, i have a problem with FTL, colony ship and cruisers in fleet dont jumping, they have under size limit, longer distance than 3000(i re-writte distance in cfg.), have more power than 0. I totaly dont know what is wrong... any advice?

I thing i now where is the problem every ship have blue circle in system that inhibit jumps inside?
sorry my eng. is not great...

Yes, if you are playing with gravity wells then ships must be outside the gravity well to initiate a jump. The range of the gravity well is based on the strength of the star and the relative size of the ship compared to your maximum researched size. Ships in a fleet will have the gravity well size of the worst ship to help them jump together, more or less.

(in reply to cpt.Sutech)
Post #: 1346
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/13/2021 8:13:19 PM   
Serben

i'm getting a happiness and corruption penalty on one of my planets because of a pirate base, but when i look in the facilities list, it's empty. is this intentional or a bug?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1347
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/14/2021 2:53:58 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Serben

i'm getting a happiness and corruption penalty on one of my planets because of a pirate base, but when i look in the facilities list, it's empty. is this intentional or a bug?

It is not intentional. Did you just recently destroy a pirate base there and maybe it has't updated yet? Another possibility is that a pirate base is being built. I never noticed if partially built pirates bases at your own planets show up or not.

(in reply to Serben)
Post #: 1348
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/14/2021 7:34:15 PM   
Galaxy227

The pirate bases do show as they are being built. I started picking up on this throughout my current game, just noticed yesterday in fact.

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 1349
RE: Bacon Mod - 3/18/2021 7:49:29 AM   
LordMM

Anyone else facing a problem where the Capital consistently runs out of fuel.

(in reply to Galaxy227)
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Bacon Mod Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI