Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/18/2021 5:08:31 AM   
deaniks

So Evoken came out with a mod recently giving some what if weapons to Japan and allies in the downfall scenario so I asked him if he would want todo a test game for it and he was all in now I've sent of my turn a couple days ago now but there are a lot of crazy new items I get and my opponent get's in this mod to start off the IJN Nav is reborn is almost as like no ships were really sunk so it give's me 16 carriers to mess around with all with expanded aircraft capacity allies get the same as well I also get a few new BB's added and plenty of other stuff like new aircraft and I don't think the OOB was touched a all except for when he added most of the map back and lots of units in Manchukuo and China were added back in.
Rules
1)Invasions in base hexes only
2)No submarine invasions
3)4E , 6E planes minimum altitude 10k on all missions
4)If you have multiple task forces in a hex it has to have minimum 6 ships per task force , 1 ASW Task force of 4 DD allowed for Carrier task forces , single minesweepers etc at bases dont count (if there are multiple in a hex they need to be in same task force)
5)No Industry bombing in China , No Industry bombing in Manchuria for 2 weeks
6)No Port Strike on turn 1
7)G10N1 is limited to 2 squadrons
So the Manchuria rule is for units to move to place since he expanded on the map most of Manchuria is lightly guarded and could be bombed in a single day with no retaliation so this rule allows me to move aa and air unit's to important base to give him a fight. also with no bombing of china what little aa that start there is moving to Korea/Manchuria to protect the facility there

< Message edited by deaniks -- 2/18/2021 5:09:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/18/2021 5:20:50 AM   
deaniks

here's a link to the mod for people who want it https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4958343
Also how do you guys post multiplie pictures in one post I can for the life of me figure it out

< Message edited by deaniks -- 2/18/2021 5:29:54 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 2
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:11:19 AM   
deaniks

So right now I need to think of ideas on what todo with my new toys

[image] https://i.gyazo.com/fa9fb17fd041150183b22be41c496ae0.png[/image]

This plane below has the same variant as a non night fighter as well

< Message edited by deaniks -- 2/19/2021 4:15:53 AM >

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 3
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:25:18 AM   
deaniks

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 4
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:27:50 AM   
deaniks

So far that's some of my new toys I get to mess around with now I just need to make the allies bleed as they try operation torch I need Tokyo not to fall I believe I have until December of 47 to not let this happen but inevitably it will cause like my new toys the allies get some of there own

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 5
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:36:46 AM   
DesertWolf101

I'm not a fan of these kinds of mods. A big part of the fun for me is to play with weapons that existed and were used in the war. That is purely a question of personal taste though.

Good luck and enjoy your shiny toys!

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 6
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:40:50 AM   
deaniks

quote:

ORIGINAL: DesertWolf101

I'm not a fan of these kinds of mods. A big part of the fun for me is to play with weapons that existed and were used in the war. That is purely a question of personal taste though.

Good luck and enjoy your shiny toys!

I will try Allies fair a lot better then me tho i'm posting what the allies get and there even scarier then mine note tho this is downfall so all of this is 1945 so I cant get my toys way earlier then him and say rule the air or sea for a couple of months since I got my toys faster then he could

< Message edited by deaniks -- 2/19/2021 4:41:56 AM >

(in reply to DesertWolf101)
Post #: 7
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:44:10 AM   
deaniks

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 8
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:47:23 AM   
deaniks

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 9
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:54:03 AM   
deaniks

So I need some ideas on what I should focus on for planes just the Karyu since that can match most planes or do a mix since I would have to expand the jet engines heavily to focus on them?

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 10
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 4:58:35 AM   
BBfanboy

Looks like you found out how to post multiple pics - I was hoping to see a reply explaining how because I also have no idea that works. I asked the question years ago and no one responded. Since there are quite a few new players it would be good to let everyone know.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 11
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 5:13:32 AM   
deaniks

so here's a picture of what it should look like But basically using Gyazo i just took the picture dragged the picture watched for where the curser is and then planted it between the image buttons

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 1:30:18 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: deaniks

so here's a picture of what it should look like But basically using Gyazo i just took the picture dragged the picture watched for where the curser is and then planted it between the image buttons

I know how to do that, but that does not upload the picture from my PC, it just provides a link to my PC which I don't always have on. Looks like you are using discord - whatever that is. Do you upload the pictures there or do they already exist?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 13
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 6:08:57 PM   
ushakov

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboyI know how to do that, but that does not upload the picture from my PC, it just provides a link to my PC which I don't always have on. Looks like you are using discord - whatever that is. Do you upload the pictures there or do they already exist?

For pictures saved on your PC, I believe you'd need to upload the files to an image-sharing website (Imgur seems to be the default, but I'm sure there's many others), and then copy-and-paste the links to each image between the [image][/image] tags when drafting your forums post, like in deaniks's screenshot.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 14
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 2/19/2021 9:03:51 PM   
deaniks

i'm using Gyazo i just take the picture using that then drag the picture into the what i showed and it worked I was messing around with it last night

(in reply to ushakov)
Post #: 15
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 4/8/2021 5:04:21 AM   
deaniks

so it's bin a month or two but the game is still going on. So far not to much to report on lot's of bombing raid's from the allies but that's expected it's September of 1945 and the allies have 1000's of bomber's to completely obliterate any base they want but so far Japan has bin untouched by the bombing except this turn where around 800 b-29 variant's bombed Maebashi almost destroying all Fighter/Engine factories their. other wise so far sweep's happen every day I'm loosing 100 plus plane's but can't do much against it as his pilot's/Planes are way superior then mine I only have few fighter variant's and even few Pilot's that can go toe to toe with his plane's this game will be a slug fest of hundred's of ships and plane's destroyed before Tokyo is captured I plan on reserving my fleet for when an invasion of the HI become imminent I will do another post on the what the map look's like so far and what I plan on doing

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 16
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 4/8/2021 5:19:50 AM   
deaniks

this is what the situation look's like so far the Death star has finally reached Okinawa a day or two ago and will support an invasion I assume of Formosa. I say this as Formosa seems a logical step for the allies to completely guarantee there flank to make sure no raider's or suicidal air mission's can be launched from the island to harm the allied invasion's of the HI. being honest though if Formosa is invaded I can't do much about it Okinawa stop's me from sending a large force over to protect the Island and well in the grand scheme of thing's I need to save all my resource's I have for the inevitable invasion of Japan so my fleet with be on stand by in the Sea of Japan area where it can react to almost anywhere on the island and even to an invasion of Korea if he decided to invade there. with the mod I hope to stop at least one invasion since I do have almost the entire IJN Active

So the plan is that throw lot's of small task force's at him first Cargo ships MTB's anything to waste ammo them I go to BB task force's down to Cruiser and destroyed breaking through his screen's to get to the Landing ships. now I can't sustain these losses for ever as I don't have thousand's of ships to call on but if I'm able to destroy enough Troops and weaken his army at all it might give me a chance to survive until 47.

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 17
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 4/8/2021 2:04:18 PM   
Q-Ball

This isn't my cup of tea either with all the fantasy stuff, but good luck! Some of those bombers (and that float transport) have max loads far beyond the capacity of any piston-engined aircraft ever....you probably have to get to a B-52 to carry 42K load!

(in reply to deaniks)
Post #: 18
RE: Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) - 4/8/2021 2:53:41 PM   
deaniks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

This isn't my cup of tea either with all the fantasy stuff, but good luck! Some of those bombers (and that float transport) have max loads far beyond the capacity of any piston-engined aircraft ever....you probably have to get to a B-52 to carry 42K load!

it's not for everyone I understand that but sometimes you need to try something new to see if you like it.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Phoenix Rises Deaniks(J) Verus Evoken (A) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI