Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New player ready for a baptism by fire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Multiplayer Sessions >> New player ready for a baptism by fire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 10:52:35 AM   
devictimizer

If you're a novice or an experienced player who's willing to share tips, let's play!

I'm completely new to PBEM but I had a couple of good games as the Axis and kind of got bored with the AI. I don't mind getting stomped as long as I learn something from it. I'm happy to play with either side, and I'd like to improve my naval/invasion skills. If you're interested, please let me know. I might require some help with setting up the PBEM, but I could join your game as well.

Post #: 1
RE: New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 11:21:23 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: devictimizer

If you're a novice or an experienced player who's willing to share tips, let's play!

I'm completely new to PBEM but I had a couple of good games as the Axis and kind of got bored with the AI. I don't mind getting stomped as long as I learn something from it. I'm happy to play with either side, and I'd like to improve my naval/invasion skills. If you're interested, please let me know. I might require some help with setting up the PBEM, but I could join your game as well.

warspite1

Happy to play a game. I've posted my experience level which is genuine. I've played a few PBEM games now and been thoroughly trounced in each one, having had only one partial game against the AI before.

But I don't mind being beaten so long as people are equally honest about their experience level (most have been) and don't take the mickey. Shall we start two games - one each as Axis and Allies?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to devictimizer)
Post #: 2
RE: New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 11:28:05 AM   
devictimizer

Sure, would you mind hosting? I have a few errands to do today, but I can commit to 3-4 turns, maybe more.

< Message edited by devictimizer -- 2/20/2021 11:31:33 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3
RE: New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 11:33:05 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Sure, would you mind hosting?
warspite1

I will set up two games with the password Bagration for both.

Re turn commitment - I don't know which part of the world you are in so we'll just see how it goes.

I should be able to set the games up no later than 1pm - just got a couple of things to do first.

Thanks for the games.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 2/20/2021 11:35:29 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 11:35:55 AM   
devictimizer

Great, let's get going!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 5
RE: New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 11:40:51 AM   
devictimizer

I'm from Bulgaria, so we've got a minor 2-hour time difference. I've read your updated post, will join as soon as I can. Just to confirm, are there any rules or restrictions to what we do? I've seen some people talking about ELO, but I'm not quite sure what that is.

< Message edited by devictimizer -- 2/20/2021 11:43:53 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 6
RE: New player ready for a baptism by fire - 2/20/2021 12:06:19 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I'm from Bulgaria, so we've got a minor 2-hour time difference. I've read your updated post, will join as soon as I can. Just to confirm, are there any rules or restrictions to what we do? I've seen some people talking about ELO, but I'm not quite sure what that is.
warspite1

No idea!! My take is this; its a game - lets enjoy it no matter what and play out unless there are very good reasons not to.

I don't like restrictions on the game generally but some that have been suggested that I'm happy with:

- No attack on the USSR pre 1941
- No diplomacy on Majors
- No scouting with Italian transports and no gamey trying to force Italy into declaring war.
- Look out for the DEI/Italy mobilisation thing.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4966081

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Multiplayer Sessions >> New player ready for a baptism by fire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI