Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Destruction of Allied units!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Destruction of Allied units! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Destruction of Allied units! - 8/12/2003 8:54:58 AM   
Adonis

Hi all!

Today i played my best KP scenario till now. I love playing the axis since there is so much more challenge than if you choose to be russians.

Today's scenario was exceptional! I wonder if anyone was able to bring on a disaster of such a magnitude on the russian invaders!

In one single pocket, 36 russian units of all types, many of them elite armored/mechanized units, were smashed on the eastern sector of the Korsun pocket. Needless to say, it took alot of turns to annihilate the ennemy units. I had countless units freed to smash the russian units that remained on this sector in mighty concentrated blows while my western sector was in a purely defensive mode. I am attaching a jpg file, i hope u get to check out the outcome. The ai is pretty challenging as u know, and tricking it into a big pocket is no easy feat!

Just thought of sharing today's victory.
(all settings were normal, computer/hidden units..)
Adonis

In case the file doesnt load, total number of destroyed allied units = 170!! vs 14 axis units!!!
Post #: 1
Good play! - 8/12/2003 4:07:20 PM   
Matthew Urch

Adonis

Its fun to fire up 1st Ukranian front as the Axis and see if you can destroy every Russian unit by turn 16. If you can do this then pump up the AI with extra replacements / combat mods and try again! Its is achievable and it feels good when there's only your forces on the map!

Matthew Urch

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 2
- 8/13/2003 12:07:45 AM   
Spaceman

Should I play you guys by PBEM? :eek:

Space§man

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 3
- 8/18/2003 3:36:00 PM   
fahrenheit

:eek: oh, what a cool victory! Would u like to attach a snapshot of your battlefield encircling massive allied units? It would definitely be a cool image! :)

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 4
- 8/19/2003 1:16:10 AM   
bagpuss

Adonis
well done ....have you got a pic of your victory ......maybe it will give me help on what type of units are Giant Killers !!
cheers
bagpuss

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 5
Initial pocket! - 8/19/2003 7:01:50 AM   
Adonis

Hi Guys,

As you will see, this is my eastern part of the front, this is the pocket where i was able to bag 36 russian units of all types!

I shall post my last turn too, i enjoyed this game so much i saved several times.

Adonis

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 6
Last turn! - 8/19/2003 7:06:58 AM   
Adonis

These are the remenants of the once powerfull russian hordes!!

If you look at the small map, u will notice that the east was totally under my control! In the west howeever i was fighting desperately to prevent a breakthru, since several units earmarked for the west were used in the east like the excellent 1st Panzer Division.

If there was just more turns, the toll would have been higher!

Will there be an option where we can play until death?

Adonis

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 7
NorthEast! - 8/19/2003 7:09:47 AM   
Adonis

Mopping up russian remenants in the NorthEast!

Adonis

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 8
Western Front! - 8/19/2003 7:13:26 AM   
Adonis

MY western front was barely holding. A big thanks goes to the panzergrenadiers of the 1 SS LSSAH panzerdivision. Their mobile combat blocked countless incursions!

I can include the save file of the last turn or turn 27 if anyone is interested.

all for now,

Adonis

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 9
- 8/19/2003 3:42:49 PM   
Rob Gjessing

You do know that pressing Cnt-P whilst in the game will create a dump of the FULL map in your Korsun Pocket directory?

Its a big bitmap (9 meg files) but can be edited and coverted to JPG to reduce the size.. these are the files Chris and I have been using for our AARs. Which reminds me.. its my turn.. :(

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 10
- 8/19/2003 5:07:10 PM   
BrubakerII

Well done Adonis!

Out of interest, I thought there was an option at the final screen to continue the game?

Brubaker

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 11
- 8/19/2003 7:33:15 PM   
Jeff Lackey

Was this the full campaign or a smaller scenario? At what level did you have the computer set? And what was your strategy that rolled the AI up so completely?

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 12
a great victory.... - 8/20/2003 1:27:28 AM   
bagpuss

Adonis
thanks for the pics ........speaks a thousand words ....cracking job you have done there ......

just 2 days til I get KP ,then this weekend I can be a wargamer,lol

cheers

bagpuss

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 13
Re: a great victory.... - 8/20/2003 5:16:34 AM   
Spaceman

Wahey Adonis, you took some risks but kicked their a**. I bow down before greatness. How on earth did you do that (visions of Hitler locked in a broom cupboard with a gag, only way it might ever have happened IRL)

Cheers

Space§man

(in reply to Adonis)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Destruction of Allied units! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI