Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SOLVED: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> SOLVED: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOLVED: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at... - 2/19/2021 11:53:06 AM   
masc

Hi,

When I start the game a message box pops up asking me to select a mod.

If I select 0 the game starts but when I select 1 I get an error message stating "mod file caused an error".
I don't even know why I get this message box at every start and don't know how to get rid of it for good. Where can I find some documentation about the defualtmod.txt or can someone explain to me why that happens and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Have Fun!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by masc -- 2/19/2021 11:32:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at eve... - 2/19/2021 6:39:51 PM   
zgrssd

0 is the basegame without mods
1. Seems to be the path to the Basegame. But as a mod-name that makes no sense. I would guess it is broken.

So just pick 0.
Maybe report this to Vic under Technical Support.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 2/21/2021 8:59:24 AM >

(in reply to masc)
Post #: 2
RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at eve... - 2/19/2021 11:31:28 PM   
masc

I found out what it was. I created a MODS folder in the games folder that is used by a mod-tool I use to install and uninstall mods easily. The game itself seems to look for a folder called mods as well and offered to load the mod I had there.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at eve... - 2/21/2021 6:14:18 AM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: masc

I found out what it was. I created a MODS folder in the games folder that is used by a mod-tool I use to install and uninstall mods easily. The game itself seems to look for a folder called mods as well and offered to load the mod I had there.

What modtool and what mods are you using?

(in reply to masc)
Post #: 4
RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at eve... - 2/21/2021 10:45:45 AM   
masc

It's JSGME = Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler. Quite simple but great tool. It lets you install and uninstall mods with just one click. Can't post link because I'm to "new".

Regarding mods so far I only use the fantastic DASTactics Icon mod. But am looking forward to also using the Stratagem cards mod that is still in the works by Jymous.

< Message edited by masc -- 2/21/2021 11:06:39 AM >

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> SOLVED: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI