Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 5:20:50 AM   
ssiviour

So latest patch 4.2.2 states fixed a problem placing CBV on Map

I Have done a walk thru of a game we have just got to the EOT phases for S/O 39 to plan out my builds. During the turn Amsterdam was captured by Germany.

I Have been able to build the Japanese Nanking and 3 French CBV. The Nanking Mil was able to be placed on the map next Reinforcement Phase, so all good there.

I did notice that Building 0 cost CBV did not affect Gearing limits at all. I am not sure if this is correct, I will note that building 0 cost CV Planes does increase gearing limits, so to me same same?

Germany only had the Amsterdam GAR available to be built. The Vienna and Slovak Mils are still showing as Future Force Pool Addition when looking up units in game. Is this correct, and if so what are the triggers for entering the German Force Pool?

Could someone please clarify this as I have 2 other games where we have also just reached, or just about to reach, S/O 39 EOT.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 6:47:00 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: ssiviour

I did notice that Building 0 cost CBV did not affect Gearing limits at all. I am not sure if this is correct,

This is correct.

Cut from RAC: 22.4.8 City based volunteers
They are free the first time they are purchased and do not count for gearing limits.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 2
RE: GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 6:51:22 AM   
Orm

quote:

Germany only had the Amsterdam GAR available to be built. The Vienna and Slovak Mils are still showing as Future Force Pool Addition when looking up units in game. Is this correct, and if so what are the triggers for entering the German Force Pool?

This is not correct. The Vienna, and Slovak CBV should be available from the start. However, bug fixes that affects force pool changes are often only implemented in games started after the fix was implemented. Not sure how this can be fixed other than by editing.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 3
RE: GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 6:55:00 AM   
Orm

quote:

I Have been able to build the Japanese Nanking and 3 French CBV. The Nanking Mil was able to be placed on the map next Reinforcement Phase, so all good there.

I suspect that the 3 French CBV being available is a bug. I think they should only be available after Free France is created. I think Paul comfirmed it in this thread. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4959972

Not sure on how to handle this.

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 4
RE: GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 10:59:07 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

I suspect that the 3 French CBV being available is a bug. I think they should only be available after Free France is created. I think Paul comfirmed it in this thread. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4959972

I have read the thread and unit descriptions, some would be Vichy units, some not, so Vichy Creation would be the catalyst, not necessarily Free France.

I am not sure how to handle this either, I was hoping there would be a fix before this point. The choice is simple, either the file is edited or we "turn off" this optional. If it is not working for one power, it's not balanced to have it working for others.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 5
RE: GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 11:15:08 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

I have read the thread and unit descriptions, some would be Vichy units, some not, so Vichy Creation would be the catalyst, not necessarily Free France.

I am not sure how to handle this either, I was hoping there would be a fix before this point. The choice is simple, either the file is edited or we "turn off" this optional. If it is not working for one power, it's not balanced to have it working for others.

I think the French CBV counters are actually Free French units, and not French. Hence they can only be Free French. Never Vichy French. But I asked to make sure.

Edit: Unit descriptions has nothing at all to do with the actual units. It is just an attempt to give some historical flavour.

Cut from RAC:
22.4.8 City based volunteers
[Clarification. The Free French city based volunteers are available to Free France if it exists. If Free France does
not exist (for any reason) but France itself exists after having been completely or incompletely conquered, then these
CBV units are available to France - May 11, 2007.]

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/23/2021 11:16:09 AM >

(in reply to ssiviour)
Post #: 6
RE: GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits - 2/23/2021 1:22:59 PM   
craigbear

If this is your belief, simply place the units on map and do not move them. The French can always move them if they get in the way of Axis units. After Vichy, they will either go into FF force pool anyhow or remain on map as FF units. I think.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> GERMAN CBV & CBV Gearing Limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI