Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WHEN?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: WHEN? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WHEN? - 2/19/2021 5:20:00 AM   
spinecruncher

So there is a spring offensive? OMG!

(in reply to Light4bettor)
Post #: 31
RE: WHEN? - 2/19/2021 5:01:25 PM   
CJM

Early access to the manual would be massive and much appreciated.

I would rather wait longer for a completely finished, road-tested product than something sub-par. Patience is a virtue. Many of us here served in the military where we learned to "hurry up and wait." I can wait.

Would be disappointed to see something akin to one of the old SPI board games (company motto: Here's the almost completed game. You can take it from here!)

Though I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this:

Attachment (1)

The Wehrmacht that set out to conquer Russia in 1941 was a poor army with strictly limited resources.
- Supplying War (1977)

(in reply to spinecruncher)
Post #: 32
RE: WHEN? - 2/19/2021 10:15:18 PM   
keitherson

quote:

Early access to the manual would be massive and much appreciated.

It says earlier in the thread that if you pre-order, you will have early access to the manual. pre-orders supposedly start on the 23rd of February.

< Message edited by keitherson -- 2/19/2021 10:18:07 PM >

(in reply to CJM)
Post #: 33
RE: WHEN? - 2/22/2021 10:08:42 PM   
jacktimes2

Just to be that guy... What time tomorrow can I preorder? Champing at the bit over here.

(in reply to keitherson)
Post #: 34
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 1:31:59 AM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacktimes2

Just to be that guy... What time tomorrow can I preorder? Champing at the bit over here.

hopefully in the morning. its f5 season!

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to jacktimes2)
Post #: 35
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 4:05:10 PM   
nac452

Can anyone tell me how to go about pre ordering this game? As I gather it's available to pre order from today. Thanks

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 36
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 6:02:34 PM   
DekeFentle

I second the request and humbly submit myself as the "village idiot". Can I buy today?

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

(in reply to nac452)
Post #: 37
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 6:40:14 PM   
Jan1981

So no preorder start today ? :(

(in reply to DekeFentle)
Post #: 38
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 7:17:17 PM   
weinsoldner

Bummer, waited all day but no pre order

(in reply to Jan1981)
Post #: 39
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 7:29:17 PM   
DekeFentle

Sounds like there are a few of us who would like to give you money. Perhaps we could get an update?

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

(in reply to weinsoldner)
Post #: 40
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 9:11:10 PM   
ViperX

Any info ?

(in reply to DekeFentle)
Post #: 41
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 9:30:46 PM   
GBoggon

"We are waiting for the long promised invasion" "Give us the tools" Winston Churchill.

(in reply to ViperX)
Post #: 42
RE: WHEN? - 2/23/2021 11:55:51 PM   
Wild

What's going on guy's?

When can we pre order?

(in reply to GBoggon)
Post #: 43
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 12:16:13 AM   
Joel Billings

There may have been a short delay due to some extra time required to finish the manual. The manual just got sent into the printer an hour ago. It clocked in at 502 pages counting the index. Probably an all time record for a game manual (not sure if it's a good record to own, but well take it). I assume Matrix will sort things out re pre-ordering in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay. But the good news is that progress continues with the game, and getting the manual turned in is a major milestone. We should be able to get the last group of testers signed up by early next week.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Wild)
Post #: 44
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 12:19:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

As Joel said, the pre-order has been delayed until the final details on the manual printing and shipping are worked out. It's actually even bigger, I just got the final copy going to print and it's 520 pages, which will be full color hardbound. As soon as we have confirmation back from the printer on costs and times, we'll get the pre-order turned on.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 45
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 12:27:07 AM   
jacktimes2

Thanks for the update. Carving out a space on my shelf for the manual now. Seems I might have to clear some more room!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 46
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 12:43:46 AM   
Wild

Thanks for the update Joel & Erik.

Hard to be patient waiting for this one. I don't think I've ever wanted a game more.

But I know it will be worth the wait!

(in reply to jacktimes2)
Post #: 47
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 1:24:00 AM   
Pocman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

When I was interviewed by Matrix back in December, IIRC, I said it was looking like early Spring 2021. So far we're still looking in that range. We hope to be asking for a few more beta testers in a few weeks, and this time it will be beta not alpha testing (i.e. all systems are in, just debugging and balancing). We're actually down to just a few more small rule changes from being at beta and are wrapping up the manual and hope to send it to layout this week. I hope we will do a better job than the Germans did in 41 and not wait till summer.

Well in Germany we say arrogance comes before the fall. The first delays are there ^^
Greetings Pocman

Post #: 48
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 2:20:17 AM   
BreakingGaze

Will the manual be available for download once pre-orders go up? Would love to get through those 520 pages before the game releases so I can jump straight in.

Post #: 49
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 3:10:02 AM   
Phantom453

quote:

ORIGINAL: BreakingGaze

Will the manual be available for download once pre-orders go up? Would love to get through those 520 pages before the game releases so I can jump straight in.

^ This please. I certainly prefer reading large manuals in hard copy, but I'm even keener to start reading through those 502 pages before WitE2 drops. Having early access to the e-manual for those that pre-order would be awesome.

(in reply to BreakingGaze)
Post #: 50
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 9:37:29 AM   
geforth

quote:

There may have been a short delay due to some extra time required to finish the manual. The manual just got sent into the printer an hour ago. It clocked in at 502 pages counting the index. Probably an all time record for a game manual (not sure if it's a good record to own, but well take it). I assume Matrix will sort things out re pre-ordering in the next day or two. Sorry for the delay. But the good news is that progress continues with the game, and getting the manual turned in is a major milestone. We should be able to get the last group of testers signed up by early next week.

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you: The Falcon 4.0 manual has 579 pages :D It's really cool that you put so much work into a manual :)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geforth -- 2/24/2021 9:39:37 AM >

Post #: 51
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 9:58:52 AM   
EddyBear81

quote:

ORIGINAL: geforth

quote:

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you: The Falcon 4.0 manual has 579 pages :D It's really cool that you put so much work into a manual :)

Awesome ! What a game that was. I think many a future fighter pilot in fact started piloting combat jets behind Falcon 4.0

There might be a correlation between manual length and game awesomeness.

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 52
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 2:25:53 PM   
jjax

I assume its a preorder for a physical version (including the manual). Does the pre order also include a download when wite2 is released
? I really do not want to dig up a disc drive.

--JJAX

(in reply to EddyBear81)
Post #: 53
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 3:43:38 PM   
Jan1981

PHYSICAL SHIPMENT

When you select this option you can use our digital download option to get the game right away and start playing. Then have a boxed copy of the game shipped to you as a backup for permanent storage. With a backup, you'll be prepared for whatever comes your way-whether it's a system crash, a computer virus damaging your files or the software simply no longer functioning as it should. You will be billed to have the game shipped in a printed DVD box with a printed DVD and your serial number.

(in reply to jjax)
Post #: 54
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 4:51:04 PM   
Simulacra53

Better be ready for full release in time for Barbarossa’s 80th anniversary - just sayin’

(in reply to Jan1981)
Post #: 55
RE: WHEN? - 2/24/2021 10:04:53 PM   
riflebrigade

Would it be better to produce only manual pages to be inserted into a ring binder for the game, which would be cheaper to produce, with the benefit of less weight for postage and easily inserting future changes to the manual's pages?

(in reply to Light4bettor)
Post #: 56
RE: WHEN? - 2/25/2021 2:05:09 AM   
oldMarinePanzer

I suggested this on the WitE board back a while ago, create a web site where it could be a "living manual", like wikapedia, where it could get updated, linked to and perhaps viewable and downloadable by chapter and section or in all. I think it will be constantly getting updated, it will be "old" the second after you print it.

(in reply to riflebrigade)
Post #: 57
RE: WHEN? - 2/25/2021 2:28:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: BreakingGaze

Not as part of pre-orders, but we will be releasing sections of the manual as previews starting soon and going through the weeks until release.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to BreakingGaze)
Post #: 58
RE: WHEN? - 2/25/2021 2:30:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjax
I assume its a preorder for a physical version (including the manual). Does the pre order also include a download when wite2 is released
? I really do not want to dig up a disc drive.

The pre-order will allow you to order the version you like. If you order the physical, you'll get immediate access to the download at release, then the physical will be shipped to arrive at some point after the release date depending on when the hardcover manuals reach our warehouse and the somewhat unpredictable shipping times in our present reality. We're still trying to nail down the exact arrival date for the printed manuals, that's what is holding up the pre-orders as we want to be sure of the timing and inform everyone before orders are placed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jjax)
Post #: 59
RE: WHEN? - 2/25/2021 3:05:23 AM   
jacktimes2

Personally, I'd be fine receiving the hardcover manual at an unknown time in the future and reading the PDF in the meantime, but I understand Matrix has their process.

< Message edited by jacktimes2 -- 2/25/2021 3:11:01 AM >

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: WHEN? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI