Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will this computer likely run this game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2 >> Will this computer likely run this game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will this computer likely run this game? - 2/27/2021 2:20:21 PM   
fatgreta1066

I'm looking at an ASUS laptop with these specs: AMD Ryzen 7 - 12GB Memory - AMD Radeon Vega 10 - 512GB SSD. Does it seem likely that will run this game, or the other CM games? As I understand it, the Vega 10 is integrated graphics, but I'm seeing some things online about using it for gaming that make me think it will likely handle this type of game, and I don't really need anything more graphically intense than this.

Thanks,

Chris
Post #: 1
RE: Will this computer likely run this game? - 2/27/2021 5:28:56 PM   
A Canadian Cat

Yeah integrated graphics cards do not perform well. Mind you my experience and the posts I have seen are about intel integrated cards and not AMD ones. I have a note book with an nVidia card and as long as I configure the game to run on that card and not the integrated card CM works fairly well.

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 2
RE: Will this computer likely run this game? - 2/27/2021 9:57:37 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

I'm looking at an ASUS laptop with these specs: AMD Ryzen 7 - 12GB Memory - AMD Radeon Vega 10 - 512GB SSD. Does it seem likely that will run this game, or the other CM games? As I understand it, the Vega 10 is integrated graphics, but I'm seeing some things online about using it for gaming that make me think it will likely handle this type of game, and I don't really need anything more graphically intense than this.

Thanks,

Chris

I run CMA on a laptop with no problems at all. The refresh rate occasionally stutters but rarely. Your specs are better than mine. Mine is an Intel Core i5 7200U @ 2.50GHz with 8GB Ram, integrated graphics and Realtek Audio.

You can always post your specs in the tech section of the game forum for more input.

Post #: 3
RE: Will this computer likely run this game? - 3/1/2021 12:18:17 AM   
fatgreta1066

The computer in question does run the game, I had to run the compatibility editor or whatever that is in the launcher properties, but it works well.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 4
RE: Will this computer likely run this game? - 3/1/2021 7:30:56 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatgreta1066

The computer in question does run the game, I had to run the compatibility editor or whatever that is in the launcher properties, but it works well.

Excellent!!

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2 >> Will this computer likely run this game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI