Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The AE Geezer Thread!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/15/2021 2:02:57 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

GRUMP !

I have to wake up, get up, and go to my work-place to fill in for a colleague who took some time off with his kids.

We’re already understaffed (8 out of 11), and some people find it normal to take a vacation.

GRUMP !

GRUMP!!!

At least you have a job!

Of course, work is a four letter word that can be quite dirty at times. Then again, so is play.

GRUMP!!!

edit: Stupid keyboard. I press a key but it does not register. I think that it needs cleaning!

GRUMP!!!

I’m happy to have a job, GRUMP !

Some people are unhappy I have this job.

Mwahahahaha.

GRUMP !

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1501
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/15/2021 2:07:35 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Grump.

I never got the English spoken world's love for riddles. Four letter words. Bah. Riddle me this. Or riddle me that...

Grump.

*stomps away muttering*

GRUMP!

Four letter words usually refer to those words that are banned on the forum. They need not consist of four letters either, such as using the proper word for a female canine might get blocked as well even though it does have legitimate uses. Such as Romulus and Remus either being step sons or adopted sons of a (insert word here for a female canine.)

GRUMP!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1502
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/15/2021 6:37:02 PM   
BBfanboy

Grump!Nothing really happens to give me a great story to tell my grandchildren. Like this one from 2003!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/this-day-in-weather-history-february-15-2003-a-flood-then-a-freeze-in-badger

Grump!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1503
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/15/2021 9:17:29 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Grump!Nothing really happens to give me a great story to tell my grandchildren. Like this one from 2003!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/this-day-in-weather-history-february-15-2003-a-flood-then-a-freeze-in-badger

Grump!

Grump!!!

That can also happen in the Red River basin - the Red River of the North, that is. In fact, any river that heads North into frozen weather can do that. If there are rivers in the Southern Hemisphere that head south into frozen territory, then they can also have the same problem

Grump!!!

But at least you can walk on water without getting your feet wet. If you fall, then it is easy to put ice on the affected area!

anti-Grump!!!

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1504
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/15/2021 11:44:02 PM   
fcooke

Rom and Remus were raised by a 'she wolf' At least that's how the story goes. I guess wolf is a 4 letter word.....

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1505
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/16/2021 12:03:56 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

Rom and Remus were raised by a 'she wolf' At least that's how the story goes. I guess wolf is a 4 letter word.....

The word for a female wolf or dog is a five letter word that rhymes with witch.

― Julia Child

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 1506
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/17/2021 11:38:36 AM   
RangerJoe

GRUMP!!!

The bad thing about this tropical weather is when the outside air comes in, it gets very dry - right now it goes to a 5% relative humidity. Very hard on the lungs but nice to get a pretty lap warmer - who right now is laying on the dirty clothes!

GRUMP!!!

I am also out of anything to bump my coffee or tea. Irish creme alone or with Kahlua in the coffee is delicious but when I don't have any . . .

GRUMP!!!

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1507
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/17/2021 12:33:56 PM   
btd64

quote:

GRUMP!!!

The bad thing about this tropical weather is when the outside air comes in, it gets very dry - right now it goes to a 5% relative humidity. Very hard on the lungs but nice to get a pretty lap warmer - who right now is laying on the dirty clothes!

GRUMP!!!

I am also out of anything to bump my coffee or tea. Irish creme alone or with Kahlua in the coffee is delicious but when I don't have any . . .

GRUMP!!!

I don't take anything in my coffee, except creamer. Grump.

Booze doesn't go well with my meds....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1508
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/17/2021 1:08:35 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

quote:

GRUMP!!!

GRUMP!!!

GRUMP!!!

I don't take anything in my coffee, except creamer. Grump.

Booze doesn't go well with my meds....GP

It shouldn't go good with mine either but I usually restrict myself to a beer or two. I might get some wine, though . . .

GRUMP!!!

― Julia Child

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1509
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 8:06:28 AM   
Ambassador

GRUMP !

Last year, my government at first was saying masks were useless, if not outright dangerous.

GRUMP !

Nonetheless, my government provided a great number of masks, notably to most civil servants, but also to all kinds of persons, including magistrates. With a scandal about the attribution of the fabrication to a certain foreign company.

GRUMP !

Later, my government said masks were obligatory (and imposed their use through illegal means - judges, including me, said so).

GRUMP !

And now, we learn those masks we received, and used, and which have cost a great deal for the public finances (cf scandal supra), might be detrimental to one’s health, as they could release micro-particles, but we won’t know for sure before several months !

GRUMP ! GRUMP !

MAJOR GRUMP !!!

And how do I hold my court without any mask, now ?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1510
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 11:32:14 AM   
btd64

Be careful with any use of political stuff on the forum. . GRUMP I've been wearing masks 😷 since last March. Other than my usual health problems, I haven't noticed anything else....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 1511
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 1:01:57 PM   
Orm

Grump.

Nicely said, Ambassador.

Grump.

I just got something in my eye. I must... grump.

*stomps away muttering*

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1512
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 1:48:27 PM   
RangerJoe

GRUMP!

I usually wear a cloth mask but I have also worn paper ones. They are not provided for me by the government even though there is a government mandate.

GRUMP!!

So I have to buy them. They can also lead to skin problems if they are not properly cleaned.

GRUMP!

I will not state anything about those many blood sucking creatures and their lack of inaction. Especially since two of the so called "protective" devices can actually make it worse.

GRUMP!

I had a volunteer driver take me to a medical appointment last September. I have no personal vehicle at this time. He did not wear a mask. When I came out of the clinic, he told me that he was exempt because he has asthma. Well, so do I. I told him that my blood oygen content was 99% while wearing a mask with no medicine for the asthma. He never said another word.

GRUMP!

I have had a sitting Judge tell me in court, during a civil hearing, that he did not like the law so he does not follow it and then he said that he does not like the case law so he does not go by it.

A VERY MAJOR GRUMP!

― Julia Child

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1513
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 1:53:12 PM   
btd64

quote:

GRUMP!

I usually wear a cloth mask but I have also worn paper ones. They are not provided for me by the government even though there is a government mandate.

GRUMP!!

So I have to buy them. They can also lead to skin problems if they are not properly cleaned.

GRUMP!

I will not state anything about those many blood sucking creatures and their lack of inaction. Especially since two of the so called "protective" devices can actually make it worse.

GRUMP!

I had a volunteer driver take me to a medical appointment last September. I have no personal vehicle at this time. He did not wear a mask. When I came out of the clinic, he told me that he was exempt because he has asthma. Well, so do I. I told him that my blood oygen content was 99% while wearing a mask with no medicine for the asthma. He never said another word.

GRUMP!

I have had a sitting Judge tell me in court, during a civil hearing, that he did not like the law so he does not follow it and then he said that he does not like the case law so he does not go by it.

A VERY MAJOR GRUMP!

A MAJOR GRUMP INDEED ....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1514
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 5:37:30 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

quote:

GRUMP!

GRUMP!!

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

A VERY MAJOR GRUMP!

A MAJOR GRUMP INDEED ....GP

GRUMP !

There are many laws I don’t agree with, but I still follow them, and enforce them.

GRUMP !!

That’s the Rule of Law, foundation of a civilized society, cornerstone of democracy, warden of freedom !

GRUMP !!!

Sadly, and it angers very much, too many of my colleagues, of all countries, think their opinions are above the Law.

GIGANTIC GRUMP !!!

And although I’ve voided the government’s mandate on wearing masks (won’t go into details, but they picked the wrong process), I’ve used my own legal powers to enforce it in my courtroom, and I have worn it myself, both in court and outside. It’s just such a basic precaution. And I have asthma too.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1515
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 7:06:02 PM   
Orm

Grump.

Long rant censored by myself.

Grump.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 1516
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/25/2021 7:10:39 PM   
Orm

Grump.

We have had emergency measures for a long time now. Time to get out of the emergency mindset and do things the right way. Time to replace emergency laws with regular laws that takes into consideration the current situation. And takes into account that it can happen again, albeit somewhat differently. And laws that consider the long run as well.

Grump.

Feels like we have to many that are in some sort of permanent panic mode.

Grump.

< Message edited by Orm -- 2/25/2021 7:11:24 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1517
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/26/2021 5:27:51 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Grump.

We have had emergency measures for a long time now. Time to get out of the emergency mindset and do things the right way. Time to replace emergency laws with regular laws that takes into consideration the current situation. And takes into account that it can happen again, albeit somewhat differently. And laws that consider the long run as well.

Grump.

Feels like we have to many that are in some sort of permanent panic mode.

Grump.

It looks like we will never get back to the pre-pandemic way of doing things - businesses have found out that many people can work from home and the office space can be reduced or eliminated. Brick and mortar stores are being squeezed out of business by online ordering. Restaurants are closing faster than nations can get conditions safe for them to open up. That last one really hurts! GRUMP - and a GROWL from my deprived stomach!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1518
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/26/2021 10:01:43 AM   
LGKMAS

To depart from the current thread's tendencies for just a moment.
How many of the old geezers here have logged on to ask a question, got distracted by other posts, answered a reply to one of their own and then tried to remember what they logged on to ask?
I just thought of something I wanted the hive mind to answer, thought was important enough to ask, logged on, did all of the above then cannot remember for the life of me why I logged on. I think I need to write the query down with pen and ink before I even approach the keyboard. Problem with getting old, I suppose?
Now what was I talking about again?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1519
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/26/2021 10:11:44 AM   
btd64

What 😳
Grump.
I forgot where I put the paper with the question on it
Grump....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to LGKMAS)
Post #: 1520
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/26/2021 2:00:13 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: LGKMAS

To depart from the current thread's tendencies for just a moment.
How many of the old geezers here have logged on to ask a question, got distracted by other posts, answered a reply to one of their own and then tried to remember what they logged on to ask?
I just thought of something I wanted the hive mind to answer, thought was important enough to ask, logged on, did all of the above then cannot remember for the life of me why I logged on. I think I need to write the query down with pen and ink before I even approach the keyboard. Problem with getting old, I suppose?
Now what was I talking about again?

GRUMP!

That must be the Alzheimer's log in. Just like the Alzheimer's walk where you get up, go to another room for some purpose, then walk back to where you started from, then you remember why you went to the other room. Exercise helps to prevent Alzheimer's so that is why that is referred to the Alzheimer's walk.

GRUMP!

― Julia Child

(in reply to LGKMAS)
Post #: 1521
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/26/2021 2:11:51 PM   
RangerJoe

GRUMP!

I went to a store to buy some decent beer. I had a ride so I did not have to walk. I was going to buy a twelve pack. I put it on the counter and took out some money. The cashier asked me when my birthdate was. No reason for the question stated. I told her that she did not need to know that. She said that she would not sell me the beer without that information. I said FINE! or words to that effect as I backed away from her so she was out of reach of my hands.. She seemed shocked at my reaction.

GRUMP!

So I have

No BEER!

GRUMP!

I have white hair on my face, I saw no sign posted where they want to to state OUT LOUD FOR EVERYONE TO HEAR when you were born. No, they were not asking for a photo ID with the birthdate on it.

GRUMP!

Around here, they do let miners to buy alcoholic beverages and consume them so why not me?

GRUMP!

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1522
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/27/2021 9:58:28 AM   
RevRick

GRUMP~!

I am on my third cup of coffee at 0556R AND I AM RETIRED!

May whatever caused me to waken find the bird of paradise in his/her/its nostrils!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1523
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/27/2021 11:55:51 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

GRUMP~!

May whatever caused me to waken find the bird of paradise in his/her/its nostrils!

Ha. Pretty good for a retired guy....
I don't drink much coffee anymore. I love it. But, well that's a story for another day.. Grump....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 1524
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/27/2021 2:10:18 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

GRUMP~!

Ha. Pretty good for a retired guy....
I don't drink much coffee anymore. I love it. But, well that's a story for another day.. Grump....GP

Alouette
Traditional French
(Actually, french Canadian)

quote:

Alouette, gentille Alouette
Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la tête
Je te plumerai la tête
Et la tête, et la tête
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le nez
Je te plumerai le nez
Et le nez, et le nez
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai les yeux
Je te plumerai les yeux
Et les yeux, et les yeux
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le cou
Je te plumerai le cou
Et le cou, et le cou
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai les ailes
Je te plumerai les ailes
Et les ailes, et les ailes
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le dos
Je te plumerai le dos
Et le dos, et le dos
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai les pattes
Et les pattes, et les pattes
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la queue
Je te plumerai la queue
Et la queue, et la queue
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la tête
Je te plumerai la tête
Et la tête, et la tête
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le nez
Je te plumerai le nez
Et le nez, et le nez
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai les yeux
Je te plumerai les yeux
Et les yeux, et les yeux
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le cou
Je te plumerai le cou
Et le cou, et le cou
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai les ailes
Je te plumerai les ailes
Et les ailes, et les ailes
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai le dos
Je te plumerai le dos
Et le dos, et le dos
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Et les pattes, et les pattes
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

Alouette je te plumerai
Alouette je te plumerai
Je te plumerai la queue
Je te plumerai la queue
Et la queue, et la queue
Alouette, Alouette
O-o-o-o-oh
Alouette je te plumerai

https://www.songsforteaching.com/french/alouette.htm

quote:

Ethnomusicologist Conrad LaForte points out that, in song, the lark (l'alouette) is the bird of the morning, and that it is the first bird to sing in the morning, hence waking up lovers and causing them to part, and waking up others as well, something that is not always appreciated. . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alouette_(song)

ALOUETTE Gentille ALOUETTE FRENCH Canadian Lyrics Words sing along song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NySWw1U_1QY

― Julia Child

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1525
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/28/2021 1:47:46 AM   
PaxMondo

Well, I love coffee, but I can only have "leaded" once a week. The rest of the time I have to drink dwcaf ... I'm ok with that, found some good decaf, has the right taste, so I'm mostly good.

Pax

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1526
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/28/2021 2:03:30 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Well, I love coffee, but I can only have "leaded" once a week. The rest of the time I have to drink dwcaf ... I'm ok with that, found some good decaf, has the right taste, so I'm mostly good.

Never thought about decaf. Good idea Pax....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 1527
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/28/2021 2:33:12 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Never thought about decaf. Good idea Pax....GP

A decaff latte with skim milk is a
WHY BOTHER!

Actually decaff still has caffeine but the chemical that may be used can cause cancer if I remember correctly.

― Julia Child

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1528
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/28/2021 2:40:37 AM   
rustysi

quote:

Actually decaff still has caffeine but the chemical that may be used can cause cancer if I remember correctly.

Caffeine may be removed with water. Some companies do it that way.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1529
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/28/2021 4:45:10 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Caffeine may be removed with water. Some companies do it that way.

Called "Swiss Water Decaffeinated" IIRC. Not sure why they have to use Swiss water...

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 1530
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI