Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game is slow, lagging

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> game is slow, lagging Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game is slow, lagging - 3/1/2021 6:52:32 PM   
bstarr

This is probably an easy fix. I used to play this game all the time. It feels good to be back. The problem I've got is there seems to be some sort of a lag. I press a button and the computer seems to debate on whether or not it wants to do what I want it to do, then by the time I press the button the fifth time the screen switches and I'm pressing another button. This didn't happen before and my current computer is faster than the computer I used to play the game on so I have no idea what's going on here. Is there something I need to do to optimize my computer for the game? I don't remember having to do that before but I do recall having to adjust the screen size and I don't have to do that now.

Thank you,
Byron

Post #: 1
RE: game is slow, lagging - 3/1/2021 7:06:20 PM   
kbfchicago

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4592590

See link above in tech support. For me the "cpuX" switch where "X" is a cpu # (use 2, it's a safe bet) is what fixed this for me.

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 2
RE: game is slow, lagging - 3/1/2021 7:51:38 PM   
bstarr

ok, thanks a million

(in reply to kbfchicago)
Post #: 3
RE: game is slow, lagging - 3/1/2021 8:24:50 PM   
Thayne

For me, all sorts of lag and other issues were exterminated when I changed the view.

I set up a shortcut using:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -skipVideo -w -px1920 -py1080

I was expecting to make better use of my monitor. It was a bonus when this completely ended the problem with lag that I was experiencing as I tried to submit orders . . .

[Seriously, it took me a good 5 minutes to get a sub at Midway to go on patrol . . .

"Yes, Captain. That big Island to the northwest. NO! Do not go to the island! Just patrol around in the waters in front of the island. You look for ships. What do you do when you see one? You shoot a torpedo at it. A torpedo! One of them cylinder-shaped things we put in your submarine. No, that's a can of beans. Torpedoes are bigger. Quite a bit bigger. . . . ."

This change also allowed me to tab out of the game to write a message like this without destroying all of the text in the game. (The text used to turn into puke green blobs if I tabbed out.)

All fixed.

< Message edited by Thayne -- 3/1/2021 8:50:50 PM >

(in reply to bstarr)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> game is slow, lagging Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI