Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached - 1/30/2021 10:06:47 AM   
Phoenix100

Can anyone help with telling me how tacview is meant to look and function please? I can't pan mine freely. I can only move from object to object, by clicking on the object. Is this correct, or are there shortcuts to freely pan in the view? Plus, I don't have any info appended to my objects, such as seem to be options in tacview itself. Is this right? If I go into tacview itself (standalone) and run it and change the view options (for instance, enable freeview, or vector lines) then none of this then appears in CMO. Is this right and working as designed? Thanks.

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 2/4/2021 1:16:43 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Tacview queries - 2/3/2021 1:46:11 PM   
Phoenix100

Bump. No one has tacview?

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 2
RE: Tacview queries - 2/3/2021 6:48:09 PM   
thewood1

I think a few people use it, but the new-ness and novelty wore off for me pretty quickly.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 3
RE: Tacview queries - 2/4/2021 1:15:46 AM   
WSBot

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Tacview queries - 2/5/2021 2:08:48 AM   
boogabooga

I have tacview and in CMO it works for me as you describe.

Tacview seems to have a lot more bells and whistles if you are post-processing from something like DCS, but I have not really tried to get those going in CMO. My guess is that Tacview is Tacview and the keyboard shortcuts should work?

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 5
RE: [Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data at... - 2/5/2021 9:59:04 PM   
BuzyBee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phoenix100

Can anyone help with telling me how tacview is meant to look and function please? I can't pan mine freely. I can only move from object to object, by clicking on the object. Is this correct, or are there shortcuts to freely pan in the view? Plus, I don't have any info appended to my objects, such as seem to be options in tacview itself. Is this right? If I go into tacview itself (standalone) and run it and change the view options (for instance, enable freeview, or vector lines) then none of this then appears in CMO. Is this right and working as designed? Thanks.

Hi Phoenix,

You should be able to scroll in and out of and rotate around a selected object using the mouse wheel and/or CLICK+DRAG.

Other than that, Command controls many features when Tacview is launched within Command so it may differ from what you see when you launch Tacview standalone, it may not reflect changes to your settings, and shortcuts may not work.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 6
RE: [Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data at... - 3/4/2021 5:42:10 PM   
Vyrtuoz

Hi guys,

There is also wiki page which explains how to use Tacview with Command:
https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/Command:_Modern_Operations

If you there is any issue with the 3D view not working, please let us know.

(in reply to BuzyBee)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] TacView - Unable to pan, no object data attached Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI