Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

airborne/air assault

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> airborne/air assault Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
airborne/air assault - 3/6/2021 10:23:37 PM   
shabowie

Air cav in space, you know you want it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6RbM8oNHk&t=85s

Is that ever coming? I heard Navies, didn't hear about airborne or air mobile.

< Message edited by shabowie -- 3/6/2021 10:24:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: airborne/air assault - 3/6/2021 10:38:11 PM   
Clux

yes, you can do it right now with the air forces, the issue its than you can only move 1 single unit per air assault, so its not really effective honestly

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

(in reply to shabowie)
Post #: 2
RE: airborne/air assault - 3/6/2021 10:48:30 PM   
shabowie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

yes, you can do it right now with the air forces, the issue its than you can only move 1 single unit per air assault, so its not really effective honestly

Ah, I knew helicopters were in the game, but I didn't know there was any air assault functionality as in my current game situation I'm stuck going after necessities and learning how various subsystems in the game work.

Or do you mean airborne is in the game.

Airborne jumps out of an airplane, Air Assault lands in a helicopter. In theory.

In my current game I'm losing a war with another major that is feeding it's entire army down a narrow corridor way behind their line and I just have no way of closing it.

< Message edited by shabowie -- 3/6/2021 10:54:12 PM >

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: airborne/air assault - 3/6/2021 10:58:52 PM   
Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: shabowie

Ah, I knew helicopters were in the game, but I didn't know there was any air assault functionality as in my current game situation I'm stuck going after necessities and learning how various subsystems in the game work.

Airborne jumps out of an airplane, Air Assault lands in a helicopter. In theory.

In my current game I'm losing a war with another major that is feeding it's entire army down a narrow corridor way behind their line and I just have no way of closing it.

Right now we only have Air Assault, you make an air bridge with a chopter or VTOL plane and the next turn you use the option of "strategic transfer". Bear in mind than your units will have 50% of their readiness so they're easy targets if they have to fight their way through

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

(in reply to shabowie)
Post #: 4
RE: airborne/air assault - 3/6/2021 11:27:53 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

quote:

ORIGINAL: shabowie

Right now we only have Air Assault, you make an air bridge with a chopter or VTOL plane and the next turn you use the option of "strategic transfer". Bear in mind than your units will have 50% of their readiness so they're easy targets if they have to fight their way through

Also bear in mind that Aircraft had a additional weight limit (square root of the Cargo Capacity) wich limits how big the things going over a air bridge can be.
So do not expect to move tanks over the line.

However, it should be possible to use multiple times/turn. It is just that air bridges are damn expensive/inefficient for Logistics Pioints.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> airborne/air assault Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI