Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quality of Life Ideas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Quality of Life Ideas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quality of Life Ideas - 3/9/2021 11:35:05 AM   
Jadey

There's some definite QOL things needed. like for instance if there could be attach the religious cultists cards for the entire detachment, like a single button applies 5x of the card across each unit. That would take the 30-45 clicks needed down to about 6. also a scrap all button. and can you select a partial amount of units in a hex? Or are my group moves always going to be a pain if i keep a militia around in the same city i raise troops?

Being able to call governors from the asset screen or to do a national zone policy that affects all zones would make the micro easier... but I have like a dozen zones and so much to deal with in regards to setting worker pay and recruitment.

Also let us build/upgrade in zones from asset management please please please. so time consuming trying to track everything down. I'm sure I'll have plenty of ideas to add to this list as I keep playing.
Post #: 1
RE: Quality of Life Ideas - 3/9/2021 12:45:21 PM   
zgrssd

Some remarks:
quote:

like for instance if there could be attach the religious cultists cards for the entire detachment, like a single button applies 5x of the card across each unit. That would take the 30-45 clicks needed down to about 6.

The Priests usually attach/affect 3 subunits. So a size 10 unit would only need 3 Priests for a 90% subunit coverage.

Also the other unit feats have a decreasing chance to be granted, the more feats are already present. So you usually do not want to add too many too early. I started waiting until my unit had as least 2 Government or Event Feats, before I start adding Card Feats.

quote:

and can you select a partial amount of units in a hex? Or are my group moves always going to be a pain if i keep a militia around in the same city i raise troops?

I just had a thought for this:
Currently Guard Mode disables going through the Unit with the 8-9 Keys, but what if it also took the unit out of consideration for group move?
If you put someone on Guard, we can reasonably asume you do not want to move him by accident :)

quote:

Being able to call governors from the asset screen or to do a national zone policy that affects all zones would make the micro easier... but I have like a dozen zones and so much to deal with in regards to setting worker pay and recruitment.

I am really unsure about the global settings:
- Recruitment I usually only set up once. Past the early game, I tend to pick 100 less then natural population growth. I only verify if the value is still current I am in there for any other reason
- Worker pay has to be keept within a specific margin of Private Worker pay - wich changes as the Population size and ratio of people in Public workspaces changes. So I can not see how a Global setting would realy help. Aside from maybe given all the Governors goals and they automatically suggest changes to keep within the margins?

(in reply to Jadey)
Post #: 2
RE: Quality of Life Ideas - 3/9/2021 1:21:03 PM   
Jadey

The Priests usually attach/affect 3 subunits.
Does that mean a squad of 10 ( a thousand ) riflemen need 3 priests to get 90% effectiveness? I thought subgroups was mixed types in OOB detachments, like if you had rifles, tanks, and motorized, that'd be 3 unit subgroups, or does each unit of unit (heh) count as a subgroup?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Quality of Life Ideas - 3/9/2021 2:52:18 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jadey

The Priests usually attach/affect 3 subunits.
Does that mean a squad of 10 ( a thousand ) riflemen need 3 priests to get 90% effectiveness? I thought subgroups was mixed types in OOB detachments, like if you had rifles, tanks, and motorized, that'd be 3 unit subgroups, or does each unit of unit (heh) count as a subgroup?

Unit Feats - wich is what the priests are - attach themself to some of the Subunits in the Unit they are in. The exact number varries per feat. I have seen the values 1, 3 and 5 at least.
There is also a limit to how many instances of a specific feat you can have in each Unit - again varrying by feat, like 1:X Subunits.
Finally there is a hard limit: Maximum 1 Unit Feat per Subunit.

Military Police for example:
Feat Ratio: 1:5 Subunits
Each isntance Embeds with 3 Subunits

So in a 10 man unit you can have:
- 2 Miltiary Police
- Wich affect/embedd themself in 6 Subunits
- and then 8 further Unit feats - but only as as much from any one feat, as their rules allow

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 3/9/2021 2:53:10 PM >

(in reply to Jadey)
Post #: 4
RE: Quality of Life Ideas - 3/9/2021 4:18:18 PM   
BlueTemplar

I think that you can have *temporarily* more unit feats than subunits :
I've recently forgot about this rule and added two different unit feats to a "Friendly AI" Sentinel before attacking with it : both unit feats were graphically present supporting the Sentinel during the combat !
However, looking at it a few turns later, I see that only one of them is left :
so I guess that extra unit feats are removed during turn processing ?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Quality of Life Ideas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI