Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario request: Sixth Battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario request: Sixth Battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/12/2021 9:19:41 AM   
Sardaukar

If anyone would be interested, here is a scenario idea I floated in past:

Barrett Tillman's fiction book The Sixth Battle. I liked the book lot. not much research needed, just quite a bit of modifications etc.

Here is review of action and even quite detailed OOB for both sides (archived page):

http://web.archive.org/web/20050817172856/http://www.geocities.com/nmdecke/SixthBattle.html

"This is an "after action report" for the naval war novel The Sixth Battle by Barrett Tillman. Written in 1992, and filled with exceptional detail, it tells of a major naval battle between US and Soviet forces in the southern Indian Ocean."

Someone might be interested making a scenario about this. I'd sure love to play it. i'd give it a try, but my only experience in scenarios is modifying ones that others made and with Lua..none.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/13/2021 7:10:15 PM   
Primarchx

There was one a while back. Check the scenario pack?

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/13/2021 9:08:56 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

The Seventh Battle is based after the events of Sixth Battle, it seems. So not really it.

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 3/13/2021 9:15:16 PM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/14/2021 6:05:29 PM   
ronmexico111

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

If anyone would be interested, here is a scenario idea I floated in past:

Barrett Tillman's fiction book The Sixth Battle. I liked the book lot. not much research needed, just quite a bit of modifications etc.

Here is review of action and even quite detailed OOB for both sides (archived page):

http://web.archive.org/web/20050817172856/http://www.geocities.com/nmdecke/SixthBattle.html

"This is an "after action report" for the naval war novel The Sixth Battle by Barrett Tillman. Written in 1992, and filled with exceptional detail, it tells of a major naval battle between US and Soviet forces in the southern Indian Ocean."

Someone might be interested making a scenario about this. I'd sure love to play it. i'd give it a try, but my only experience in scenarios is modifying ones that others made and with Lua..none.

Thank you for finding the link to that! I read that years ago and then both lost the link and couldn't remember where I found it. Saved it as a pdf this time.

"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/14/2021 9:14:05 PM   
Excroat3

quote:

quote:

The Seventh Battle is based after the events of Sixth Battle, it seems. So not really it.

I'm surprised people still remember that scenario, I feel like I built it forever ago!

My original idea was actually to recreate the Sixth Battle in C:MANO, but I found that there were too many things from the book that I couldn't recreate with the game engine at the time, so I moved on to the hypothetical "Seventh Battle" instead. I've since moved on from scenario building but I'm sure between new mechanics and Lua it's now possible to make a scenario that truly does justice to the book.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/15/2021 9:58:11 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Excroat3

quote:

quote:

I'm surprised people still remember that scenario, I feel like I built it forever ago!

My original idea was actually to recreate the Sixth Battle in C:MANO, but I found that there were too many things from the book that I couldn't recreate with the game engine at the time, so I moved on to the hypothetical "Seventh Battle" instead. I've since moved on from scenario building but I'm sure between new mechanics and Lua it's now possible to make a scenario that truly does justice to the book.

Ah, it was yours! good scenario nevertheless.

Since I know nothing about scenario building, thus throwing the idea around here, since somewhat detailed OOB and events are in link. Maybe someone grabs this idea.

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario request: Sixth Battle - 3/15/2021 10:05:44 AM   
Sardaukar

If I someday learn to make scenarios, I'd modify it to be situated to 1995.

As backstory: South African transfer of power fails and country escalates to civil war between various groups. All major powers want to both stabilize the situation and grab influence of strategically vital resources. thus Russia (+China?) and local allies are pitted against US/UK.

So it'd be more like Exroat3's The Seventh Battle, which is in Community Scenario pack for CMO.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario request: Sixth Battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI