Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to version v6.00.00!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to version v6.00.00! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to ver... - 10/4/2018 10:39:49 AM   
Daniele

Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to version v6.00.00!

You can download the update from here:

Members
Public FTP

Version 6.00.00 Changelog:

Bug Fixes
• Fixed working folder lock-in.
• Runs in 32 bit to work correctly on Windows 10.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash on battle exit.

Features Changes
• Moved options from registry so does not need admin permissions to run (Options are now in a file in My Documents/My Games/CloseCombatLastStandArnhem).
• Smoothed out key scrolling and added WASD.
• UI scaling in battle (requires restart).
• Option to obey DPI or not (requires restart).
• Can lock mouse (requires restart or tab in/out to activate).
• Can scale frontend UI.
• No longer has option for fullscreen, but can run in a borderless window.
• All new saves and custom user battles are saved to a local folder too (My Documents/My Games/CloseCombatLastStandArnhem/Games).
Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/5/2018 1:19:42 AM   
Tejszd

I assume there was no changes from the beta?
- Frontend scaling is still only 1.5X

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/9/2018 10:38:20 AM   
IainMcNeil

Yes this is a patch for an old game to let it run on modern OS's. Its not supposed to make it future proof. That's just too much work for a very old game :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/14/2018 3:52:22 AM   
Tejszd

Any plans for the other CC releases (TLD, WAR, etc.) to get the update?

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 11/12/2018 3:14:16 PM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

IainMcNeil? PipFromSlitherine?

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 12/17/2018 8:13:16 PM   
STIENER

nice to see some improvements on the best CC game made. too bad allot of the LSA options got dropped for GWTC.......sigh

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 6
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 12/19/2018 2:35:17 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

It will depend upon how much time we have available to update them, but we would certainly like to try and make it easier to play these older games on modern systems.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 7
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 4/11/2019 3:02:03 AM   
davidss

Thank you for the LSA update :)
the version I installed displays v6.00.01?

< Message edited by davidss -- 4/11/2019 3:11:01 AM >

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 8
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 4/11/2019 3:33:17 AM   
STIENER

hi David SS... ver6.00.01?

(in reply to davidss)
Post #: 9
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 4/12/2019 1:39:39 AM   
davidss

quote:

ORIGINAL: STIENER

hi David SS... ver6.00.01?

yes, and Hi :)

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 10
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 6/2/2019 4:56:26 AM   
Varnak

Hi, Daniele.

You may have seen other posts about this, but I'm having screen size issues. The resolution is beautiful, but way too small to read: about 1/5 the size of my Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1 (laptop) screen. Dragging it over onto a (bigger) auxiliary monitor doesn't help.

I know the new patch doesn't permit full screen display anymore; I read that in your "Feature Changes." But is there a way to at least make the window bigger? I've tried toggling between DPI [on/off] and UI [on/off], but nothing seems to help.

I'm running Windows 10 on a 64-bit operating system, and I've added a screenshot of my laptop view with the game open.

Kindly,
Tom

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 11
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 6/2/2019 5:02:21 AM   
Varnak

UPDATE & SOLVED!

I owe you an update. I clicked on the "Frameless Window" option, and that seemed to give me more choices for screen resolution ... including my laptop's native setting. So I went there, closed the game, and then reopened it. (I did not have to reboot the computer itself.)

The screen size is perfect now. Sorry to bug you!

Tom :)

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 12
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/9/2019 7:45:54 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele

Features Changes
All new saves and custom user battles are saved to a local folder too (My Documents/My Games/CloseCombatLastStandArnhem/Games)

Has anyone tested a full mod with v6.0? For examples;
GJS
INSIS
Rhineland45

Wanted to know if mod saved games and user scenarios work properly since they used to go under;

CloseCombatLastStandArnhem/Mod_Name/Games/Battles
CloseCombatLastStandArnhem/Mod_Name/Games/Save

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 10/9/2019 7:47:05 AM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 13
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/9/2019 7:48:54 PM   
STIENER

Tejszd...
David SS [ aka Gamerat ] and I have been playing LSA / GJS for some time now. we tweaked the original mod. we first played it with LSA ver 6.0 ...now with ver 6.00.01. it all seems to work fine. the odd timer crash at the end of a game and im talking very rarly. were about half way thru a GC right now. excellent mod if I don't say so myself....u can get it at CCS. GJS ver 9.0 and it can be played on Game Ranger. we use mod swap for that.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 14
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/9/2019 7:51:34 PM   
STIENER

ummmm for the record...this patch 6.0....can someone in lay mans terms tell me what the feature changes mean? im not a PC wizard...so....

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 15
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/12/2019 5:52:21 PM   
Tejszd

I can try, did you want a comment on each or are there specific ones which you want more info on?

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 16
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/12/2019 7:11:46 PM   
STIENER

UI scaling in battle (requires restart).
• Option to obey DPI or not (requires restart).
• Can lock mouse (requires restart or tab in/out to activate).
• Can scale frontend UI.

how about these ones please....thanks you

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 17
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/12/2019 8:14:18 PM   
Tejszd

UI scaling in battle (requires restart)
• Turns on User Interface graphic scaling when in battle (squad pictures, support icons, etc.). Wonder if this is by 1.5 like the front end UI or by DPI setting option?

Option to obey DPI or not (requires restart).
• this is a Windows setting to scale things based on the Dots Per Inch. 100% means 1 to 1, 200% means each graphic image dot would use 2 dots on the monitor/screen doubling its size. Haven't tested this so I do not know what in LSA scales based on DPI as we know the front end UI doesn't. Maybe its the map? Note: since this is a Windows setting everything in Windows that obeys DPI will have its size changed. To make it work in LSA you must change the Windows setting from 100% to something else and turn on the LSA obey DPI option.

Can lock mouse (requires restart or tab in/out to activate).
• I believe this "locks" the mouse to the CC game window so you can scroll the map by hitting the edge of the window. Unlocked would allow you to move your mouse outside the window to other apps and doesn't move the map

Can scale front end UI
• This option increases/scales the front end user interfaces (Main Screen, BG Screen, Scenario Editor, etc. all which do not have a map background) by 1.5 the size. This makes them bigger on screen but hurts image quality as every 2 dots must be merged to add 1 new dot that is not in the original image. Just don't understand why 2x isn't an option as it wouldn't hurt the image quality???

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 10/13/2019 2:02:52 AM >

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 18
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 10/13/2019 12:45:10 AM   
STIENER

thanks Tejszd

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 19
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 3/30/2020 6:54:17 AM   
Tejszd

Will the other older CC releases; ex. TLD/WAR get this patch so those users can use their games on higher resolution monitors with the larger UI?

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 3/30/2020 6:17:10 PM >

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 20
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 3/30/2020 3:07:32 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

Will the other older CC releases; ex. TLD/WAR get this patch so those users can their games on higher resolution monitors with the larger UI?

It is certainly something we would like to do, but I don't have a specific date for when that might release. That said, watch this space.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 21
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 6/8/2020 4:01:46 PM   
STIENER

@pip...are you guys going to change this thread to " last stand Arnhem has been updated to ver. 6.00.01 " ???

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 22
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 1/13/2021 6:18:03 AM   
Cherry_Popper

how do I play CC Arnhem against a friend? Are there instructions somewhere on this forum? Its not easy to find...

(in reply to STIENER)
Post #: 23
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 1/15/2021 5:15:12 PM   
SteveMcClaire

You and your opponent need to open ports in your firewall and/or router, or play through a 3rd party connection app like Game Ranger or Hamachi.

Precise instructions for opening the ports vary depending on your specific hardware and software, but general instructions can be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059

(in reply to Cherry_Popper)
Post #: 24
RE: Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to... - 3/14/2021 1:35:17 PM   
bink

Hi,

Are there any updates on progress of rolling out the scaling patch to other games (e.g. Panthers In The Fog and Gateway to Caen)? These games are not playable on hi-res screens such as the Microsoft Surface range and the game specs do not make it clear that scaling is not supported. e.g. Gateway to Caen spec is: Resolution Variable, 1024x768 minimum

Thanks

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem has been updated to version v6.00.00! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI