Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 3/27/2021 12:21:23 AM   
Infierno

quote:

ORIGINAL: smartspick

Any point in holding onto War in the East 1 and its DLC? I'm just wondering who is deleting the older game, or if it has any value still in terms of picking it up and playing after War in the East II.

First thing that comes to mind is if you are worried about any early patches screwing up PBEM games. Second thing that comes to mind is the larger number of scenarios. I think WitE2 has all the vanilla scenarios from the first game, but not all the expansion scenarios.

Other than that, it seems to be an improvement in every way. I've deleted WitE1 from my drive.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

(in reply to smartspick)
Post #: 31
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 3/27/2021 12:25:00 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
How long does the 10% run for? I am deciding on a purchase but might need a few days to decide.

Until April 25th, one month from release.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 32
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 3/27/2021 12:57:20 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager
How long does the 10% run for? I am deciding on a purchase but might need a few days to decide.

Until April 25th, one month from release.

Thank you for the quick response Erik.
I actually had an old (from 2016) 28% off coupon for my anniversary on these forums.
Using that actually stacked with the 10% off which I was not expecting to work.
So for a brand new game, 38% off is not bad! My state has one of the highest (if not the highest) sales tax in the US, so really it was more like 28% off.

< Message edited by Fallschirmjager -- 3/27/2021 12:58:01 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 33
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 3/27/2021 4:25:26 AM   
Tac1

Will this be released on Steam in the near future?

Post #: 34
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 3/27/2021 4:49:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tac1
Will this be released on Steam in the near future?

Not in the near future, but likely by the end of this year. However, any purchase through our store will receive a free Steam key once it is released on Steam, redeemable in the Members Area / My Page on our site.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tac1)
Post #: 35
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 3/27/2021 9:10:14 AM   
morvael

So happy it's out! Already downloading

Post #: 36
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/2/2021 8:59:53 PM   
Gandalf

Aside from the 10%, is there a discount for owners of the original WITE? My apologies is this has been addressed elsewhere.

Post #: 37
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/2/2021 9:28:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

No, the 10% launch discount is the only discount we plan to offer.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 38
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/2/2021 9:54:21 PM   
Gandalf

quote:

Thx for the quick response.

Quick Review in return

Good buy IFyou don't already own the original WITE, otherwise similar to Paradox game remakes and more pricey, (but at least they didn't dumb down the game play like Paradox has done in their recent remakes.) Game mechanics pretty much the same as the original WITE with a few internal alterations, even the graphics appear to only be slightly altered from the original WITE. (They could have at least brought the graphics up to match the well known graphics mod for the original WITE.) As an owner of the original WITE, I'm gonna pass on this unless they offer a substantial discount (50% or more) for owning the previous version.

Post #: 39
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/2/2021 11:33:48 PM   
jacktimes2

I don't even know where to begin with that one, but "Game mechanics pretty much the same" is admittedly where I started to tune out. WiTW's logistics system ruined WiTE for me. Haven't been able to enjoy a game of it since. To each their own, I suppose.

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 40
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/2/2021 11:33:53 PM   
Light4bettor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gandalf

[
Quick Review in return

Good buy IFyou don't already own the original WITE, otherwise similar to Paradox game remakes and more pricey, (but at least they didn't dumb down the game play like Paradox has done in their recent remakes.) Game mechanics pretty much the same as the original WITE with a few internal alterations, even the graphics appear to only be slightly altered from the original WITE. (They could have at least brought the graphics up to match the well known graphics mod for the original WITE.) As an owner of the original WITE, I'm gonna pass on this unless they offer a substantial discount (50% or more) for owning the previous version.

So if you didn't buy the game, how did you find the info to review it?
I can't imagine reviewing something that I have not played extensively myself. This is a significantly different game than WitE1 sir.

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 41
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/2/2021 11:34:05 PM   
Sigwolfe

quote:

quote:

Quick Review in return

I think you enlarged the wrong word in your review. You clearly think it would be a good buy if YOU didn't already own the original WitE. Please don't speak for other WitE owners, because plenty of them, myself included, think this version is clearly worth buying again at the offered price. It is not at all similar to Paradox remakes (and their respective 80+ or so DLC's with each), nor is a simple graphics "new coat of paint". It's got a hugely updated engine underneath, which is where it matters in this type of game, a large number of new game mechanics, and the GUI has been improved in many ways.

It may not be worth it for you, and that's fine, but don't try to frame this as some simple cash grab, especially with no first hand experience with this version. If you play it and still believe that, then that's a whole different debate. Right now you're just making baseless claims due to your own expectations.

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 42
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/3/2021 1:41:31 AM   
Gandalf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Light4bettor

<snip>

So if you didn't buy the game, how did you find the info to review it?
I can't imagine reviewing something that I have not played extensively myself. This is a significantly different game than WitE1 sir.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sigwolfe

<snip>

It may not be worth it for you, and that's fine, but don't try to frame this as some simple cash grab, especially with no first hand experience with this version. If you play it and still believe that, then that's a whole different debate. Right now you're just making baseless claims due to your own expectations.

Actually, I spent about a dozen hours or so watching a half dozen or more YouTube Let's Play and reviews before reluctantly forming my opinion and I'll stand by it even though I've been anticipating it's release for months. After years of buying literally dozens of games since the early 80s and being frequently disappointed, I no longer make the mistake of knee jerk buying any game unless I feel it's worth the price. I even stated that it actually WAS worth the price for any one that didn't have the original game. I just don't feel that there is enough there (especially in the graphics or outstanding new/different game mechanics) to justify upgrading from the original WITE at the FULL new price they're asking for.

edit> Attached is a small example of the original WITE with graphics mod that I was referring to above. The least they could have done is used a similar color scheme instead of the same old tired and rather bland scheme of the original.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gandalf -- 4/3/2021 2:05:43 AM >

(in reply to Sigwolfe)
Post #: 43
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now - 4/3/2021 2:35:29 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

quote:

Quick Review in return

WITE was developed and released 10 years ago and fully supported with free updates for many years. WITE2 started development after WITE was released. 10 years of development have gone into it, 5 in parallel with WITE support and WITW development, 5 dedicated only to WITE2. How many other instances can you name where a 10 year old game is the basis for a 50% discount on a new game? Yes, this is on the same subject, by the same team and it's a sequel to the original, but it is far more than a fresh coat of paint.

You need only look here and at the various official AARs to get a better idea of everything that was put into WITE2 to elevate it significantly above WITE:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4992061

You don't own the game, this is not a review. You are certainly justified in making your own decision with your own gaming dollars, but seeking to misinform others is disappointing.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 4/3/2021 2:42:31 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Gandalf)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 is out now Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI