Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moving fuel onmap from Aden / Abadan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Moving fuel onmap from Aden / Abadan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving fuel onmap from Aden / Abadan - 3/25/2021 11:00:41 PM   
Walker84

I've picked up AE again after a longish furlough and decided to play Allies vs Japanese AI for a change (having been a Japanese PBEM player mostly prior to this.) Found getting back into the game great fun and the campaign is going as well as can be expected for the Allied player in mid-Dec 41.

It has become apparent however that I cannot load any fuel from Aden or Abadan on to tankers docked in either port. The options to load fuel (and troops on transport TFs) are greyed out on the TF screen although its possible to load supplies and I'm at a loss to figure out why. If I look at Cape Town I can load all three types on TFs docked there so it appears the issue is with Aden and Abadan only.

I'm playing the Big Babes_B_AEScen28_V15 with Extended Map and wonder if its a map issue of some kind.
Encountered no issues with this configuration in several years as Japanese player but then again didn't use off map travel.

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious and any ideas would be appreciated before I attempt to reinstall the whole thing.

The most advanced nations are always those who navigate the most -
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 -1882)
Post #: 1
RE: Moving fuel onmap from Aden / Abadan - 3/25/2021 11:09:29 PM   
DConn

Because you are using the extended map, did you swap out the pwhex data file as well as just the map graphics files? It sounds to me like the program does not recognize "graphical" off-map ports as actual ports, perhaps because it isn't using the correct pwhex file?

--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28

(in reply to Walker84)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving fuel onmap from Aden / Abadan - 3/25/2021 11:27:02 PM   
Walker84

That does sounds very likely and I'll look into fixing it that way. It was some time ago that I installed the extended map and I don't recall the exact process used at the time. Thanks for the reply.

The most advanced nations are always those who navigate the most -
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 -1882)

(in reply to DConn)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Moving fuel onmap from Aden / Abadan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI