Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production system - a broad overview

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Production system - a broad overview Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production system - a broad overview - 3/26/2021 11:40:51 AM   
loki100

Some quick notes on this, all this is in the manual.
The building blocks are:

1 - Chassis (ie the frames for AFVs and planes) use arms pts in their production (and all are capped in their per-turn production). Over the game the actual model made from a core chassis will vary according to how it is actually fitted out.
2 - the stuff that makes it useable (guns, engines etc) uses supply (ie off HI), this stage is in theory relatively unconstrained but of course you need the chassis first
3 - the rest uses arms pts (so that is anything from artillery to small arms)
4 - but in reality you can ignore HI and Arms Pts in #2, they are a tool to a purpose but no where near the importance they have in #1, as:
5 - most of the generic stuff is built to need but also to a cap (see 28.2.3 of the rules). That cap matters more than anything else as you can't exceed it (they will change over the game - you can find this sort of stuff in the editor)
6 - there is some stuff that is genuinely produced to need but its the sort of small scale weaponry you find in a typical infantry element
7 - in practice? You'll find that both economies are less under your control. I personally think this is good, you are the OKH or Stavka, not Hitler or Stalin
8 - so the Soviet player can indeed build more flexibly but that is a bit of an illusion. You can order as many heavy artillery SUs as you want (up to around 250 if I recall), but you are not going to get them fitted out and on the map (due to the caps)
9 - so given all this, the game design effectively removes all the sub-game around factory evacuation that has become such a feature of WiTE1 play
10 - also in #2 rail cap is local not universal, so the evacuating factories do indeed claim rail cap but its less visible to the player as its more localised

This leads to the role of HI/Supply production in #2. Again in #1 this is mostly a global issue with some localised delivery challenges but the key to the Soviet economic planning is retain enough HI to supply all your needs.

You'll find in #2 that this is a bit of a non-issue but that delivery to location is the real challenge. This is not just in-unit supply its also the supply taken building depots, expanding airfields (esp to size 2 or more) and fortifications > 1. These 3 can be supply demanding and hard to do in poorly supplied regions (here they will be slow due to delivery of supply and/or really cost your combat units supply). So its not really about HI its about depots, rail capacity and delivery. As an eg, you can expand an airbase from 2-3 in a turn if its on or next to a NSS, it can still be doing this in 1945 if the target hex is off on the edge of the supply grid.

Post #: 1
RE: Production system - a broad overview - 5/13/2021 10:44:56 AM   
56ajax

Re Item 1 the manual says otherwise. Chassis and Airframes are built using supply points. See page 334.

The cost of building a chassis is taken as supply points. Each supply point is the equivalent of a quarter ton of supplies and each build cost (for the chassis) demands 1/16 ton of supply. So a chassis with a build cost of 40 will use 2.5 supply points

The manual also states

For example a Bf 109F-4 has a build cost of 388 so requires 388 armament points to produce one such aircraft.

So to convert a chassis/airframe into vehicle/aircraft costs armament points. Note that this is different to WiTE1. Is it correct? I ask as playing as the Soviet in the pool I have 2,428,000 armament points on T19.....

Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 2
RE: Production system - a broad overview - 5/13/2021 12:21:34 PM   
rob89

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

1 - Chassis (ie the frames for AFVs and planes) use arms pts in their production (and all are capped in their per-turn production). Over the game the actual model made from a core chassis will vary according to how it is actually fitted out.
2 - the stuff that makes it useable (guns, engines etc) uses supply (ie off HI), this stage is in theory relatively unconstrained but of course you need the chassis first
3 - the rest uses arms pts (so that is anything from artillery to small arms)

Hi Loki,

I need further explanation.

Mid 43 as German

In the production pool I have a lot of ready airframes and chassis (and also many armament points),
but I'm very short of planes and AFVs. As for the planes, I have a big deficit (with TOE)

When will the game engine decide to transform airframes and chassis into finished products?

thanks in advance

regards

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Production system - a broad overview - 5/13/2021 12:40:24 PM   
Denniss

all vehicles and aircraft have a total and per turn import/conversion limit plus an end date. It won't exceed any of these.
Example: 200 total and 10 per turn, it won't produce 201 or 11 per turn but 10 (or less) until it reaches total or end date.

(in reply to rob89)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Production system - a broad overview Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI