Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions regarding the editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Questions regarding the editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions regarding the editor - 3/31/2021 8:08:05 AM   
vinnie71

Love the game so far!

Going through the editor, I noticed that a section was made up of WITW units. Are these used in this game too? I'm asking as I would love to have the little Ost Legion battalions included in this game as well. Based on the editor, the game models the various SS divisions and units very well.

Also, would it be possible to include Bulgarian and Croat troops as garrisons in the Balkan Theatre box?

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/1/2021 4:15:49 PM   
vinnie71

bump

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/1/2021 6:11:23 PM   
Great_Ajax

WitW Allied units are not used in WitE2. It maybe possible to add Bulgarian units to the Balkan theater box but their are not any ground elements or units set up so someone would have to create all of those from scratch.

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinnie71

bump

"You want mercy!? I'm chaotic neutral!"

WiTE Scenario Designer
WitW Scenario/Data Team Lead
WitE 2.0 Scenario Designer

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/2/2021 7:16:40 AM   
Vermin

You might have to wait a bit for the Bulgarians - I've only just unlocked the map areas and I didn't keep my orbat notes from mucking around in WITE1 so I have to start from scratch. Also, if you want to have Bulgarians in the theatre box, you will need to add in the factories/resources to supply them with replacement and weapons or they will slowly disappear. THe Bulgarian contribution in the Balkans was larely confined to keeping down communists within Bulgaria/Thrace so relatively independent of the larger Balkan partisan problem. Of course a more active Bulgaria might have helped out more. Remember also that by default Bulgaria surrenders ?14 days after Romania falls (although the trigger looks likes it is linked to Budapest)so if you rely on them you will suddenly have a big hole.

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/2/2021 1:43:28 PM   
vinnie71

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vermin

You might have to wait a bit for the Bulgarians - I've only just unlocked the map areas and I didn't keep my orbat notes from mucking around in WITE1 so I have to start from scratch. Also, if you want to have Bulgarians in the theatre box, you will need to add in the factories/resources to supply them with replacement and weapons or they will slowly disappear. THe Bulgarian contribution in the Balkans was larely confined to keeping down communists within Bulgaria/Thrace so relatively independent of the larger Balkan partisan problem. Of course a more active Bulgaria might have helped out more. Remember also that by default Bulgaria surrenders ?14 days after Romania falls (although the trigger looks likes it is linked to Budapest)so if you rely on them you will suddenly have a big hole.

Agreed. I was only thinking of scripting the garrison forces deployed by Bulgaria during WWII which didn't amount to much (a few divisions that were historically placed in Thrace). As to the Croats I was thinking along the lines of having them as German units with low morale - but they were numerous and underwent 2 reorganisations which are pretty unclear about how they worked.

So I guess its all a pipe dream...

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/2/2021 2:25:46 PM   
Vermin

Maybe not. I have created the Bulgarian High Command unit with Bulgarian support objects but in the near future I would use Slovak forces and bump up the Slovak factories a bit for manpower etc. It's not perfect but it worked well in WITE1 with a 3 division "Bulgarian" corps.
The real Bulgarians will take at least a couple of weeks probably more. The Croats could be done in the same way. I do not know if the Axis TB requirements already account for the Croat/Bulgarian contributions [I would have done it that way given they aren't represented on map] so really, you might have to up the garrison requirements if you are adding such units.

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/2/2021 5:36:55 PM   
vinnie71

Three Croat 'Legionnaire' Divisions plus various air squadrons are already present as German troops - which makes sense as they were intended to be used on the Eastern Front but then diverted to fight the war in the Balkans and were officered by Germans. However, I'm thinking more in terms of their national army etc, which was quite numerous.

However, it makes sense to tweak the TB requirements in the Balkans.

(in reply to Vermin)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/8/2021 1:04:11 PM   
kahta

It is possible to convert WiTW allied units to be on the map as the soviets with a few selective edits in the editor (IE an allied expeditionary force)

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/8/2021 5:45:18 PM   
Great_Ajax

I think in theory that is possible. I know whatbyou are trying to pull off, I just don't know if you will ultimately be successful with unforeseen consequences. You will have to share manpower with the Western Allies and Soviets which could be weird. Having National Supply sources on the same side but on opposite sides of the map could be weird. You are an explorer in uncharted lands, my friend.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: kahta

It is possible to convert WiTW allied units to be on the map as the soviets with a few selective edits in the editor (IE an allied expeditionary force)

WiTE Scenario Designer

(in reply to kahta)
Post #: 9
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/17/2021 7:50:08 PM   
antwniago

Will it be possible to increase the size of the AOG database in the editor in future, currently it is 475 rows with about 60 of them being blank but scattered in ones and twos throughout the existing data. It would be great to have a block spare at the end instead of squeezing anything new in all over the place,

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 10
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/17/2021 11:10:46 PM   
Great_Ajax

I have a list of editor upgrades with Pavel (Helpless) that we are going to discuss in the near future. Managing all of the data elements is at the top of my list of recommendations.

Trey

quote:

ORIGINAL: antwniago

Will it be possible to increase the size of the AOG database in the editor in future, currently it is 475 rows with about 60 of them being blank but scattered in ones and twos throughout the existing data. It would be great to have a block spare at the end instead of squeezing anything new in all over the place,

WiTE Scenario Designer

(in reply to antwniago)
Post #: 11
RE: Questions regarding the editor - 4/18/2021 12:21:17 AM   
kahta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Great_Ajax

I have a list of editor upgrades with Pavel (Helpless) that we are going to discuss in the near future. Managing all of the data elements is at the top of my list of recommendations.

Trey

This is great news.

(in reply to Great_Ajax)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Questions regarding the editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI