Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnul... - 4/1/2021 3:20:52 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

All are welcome to read, "The Screams of the deceased Soldiers", including Gunnulf, at any time. Certain turns I will have a delay on information. Other turns I may not.

Here are the settings for the game;

FOG of War: On
Movement FOW: On
Automate AI air assist: Off, you are free to use it during your turn if you like
Enhanced Player TB control: On

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 4/9/2021 4:56:45 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 6:57:17 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

This game will be a bit different then my game with 821Bobo. In this game I "will not" be bombing turn 1 with the German Airforce. Yes, you heard me correctly, "No German bombing of airfields turn 1". I will however be bombing with the Rumanians and Hungarians. I plan on trying the flip side of the coin of going after pilot kills instead of aircraft this time. I played with this idea two years ago in BETA and bringing to the forefront in this game. My tests lately in my practice games have been very promising and if I can get what I have been getting in those games I will be happy.

Stay tuned ;-)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 2
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 7:19:07 PM   
Beethoven1

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

This game will be a bit different then my game with 821Bobo. In this game I "will not" be bombing turn 1 with the German Airforce. Yes, you heard me correctly, "No German bombing of airfields turn 1". I will however be bombing with the Rumanians and Hungarians. I plan on trying the flip side of the coin of going after pilot kills instead of aircraft this time. I played with this idea two years ago in BETA and bringing to the forefront in this game. My tests lately in my practice games have been very promising and if I can get what I have been getting in those games I will be happy.

Stay tuned ;-)

Interesting, but it seems gamey/unrealistic. If it is better than bombing, hopefully a patch will change that in the future.

Post #: 3
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 7:38:01 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beethoven1

quote:

Stay tuned ;-)

Interesting, but it seems gamey/unrealistic. If it is better than bombing, hopefully a patch will change that in the future.

Bombing = destroy aircraft
Air Interception = Kill aircraft and Pilots (hopefully kill pilots at the same time)

It is a choice to do or not do something. I am choosing to target pilots this time with A2A instead of "bombing for airframes". Soviets have an endless supply of airframes but are delimited by how many trained pilots per turn.

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 4
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 7:41:45 PM   
carlkay58

I would not classify HYLA's strategy as 'gamey'. It is a player's choice as what strategy to use. I would think that this tactic will result in more wear and tear on the Axis fighters than the more traditional method but it is a valid strategy.

Post #: 5
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 7:45:00 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Please note that this picture below is "not" from this game. This is one of my test results which show just using A2A interception vs the Soviets. This doesn't include the Hungarians or Rumanians bombing or A2A yet.

The kills are usually +/- 150ish for the Soviets and +/- 10ish for Germans in multiple runs.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 7:55:38 PM   
loki100

quote:

Stay tuned ;-)

I think this is the way to go, at the moment. You may destroy less planes (remains to be seen) but you can knock out all the decent pilots the Soviets start with thus making them reliant on their trained pool (or train in the reserve)?

Post #: 7
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 8:01:18 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

Stay tuned ;-)

I think this is the way to go, at the moment. You may destroy less planes (remains to be seen) but you can knock out all the decent pilots the Soviets start with thus making them reliant on their trained pool (or train in the reserve)?

Yes, you do destroy about ~700 - ~1,100 less planes. But Soviet pilot kills are over double from Turn 1 Bombing airfields.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 8
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/1/2021 11:03:11 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1

Air Execution results

Again, I am only bombing airfields with Hungarians and Rumanians (including the German KG-27 in Rumania). All other German bombers/tac bombers will take the week off.

One Hungarian bombing run decided it did not want to bomb. Thus that bomb run did not happen. Otherwise that would have been about 40 more planes :(

So I lost 16 pilots & planes

Soviets lost

113 Pilots
587 Planes

Will have final results when I finish ground moves.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 1:18:47 AM   
joelmar

wow, I never really relied much on the hungarians and rumanians for turn 1 bombing mainly because I don't trust them much... so this is a surprising and very interesting result!

For the focus on pilot instead of aircrafts, it's very out of the box thinking, but I see the logic. Looking forward to see the final numbers at the end of the turn.

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

Post #: 10
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 6:22:54 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1

NOT FINAL Air Results but getting close. I figure about another 50-100 estimated to get. Just wanted to get this out here tonight before going to bed.

I actually like these results better than the Airfield bombing. And these are not the final results yet. But close.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 4/2/2021 6:24:24 AM >

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 11
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 6:28:17 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1

"INTRUSION" into the South (I am not saying anything other than that ;-P )

Not final South since I have to do housekeeping but can see I changed up my normal opening of capturing a large number of Soviets down here as I did in my game against 821Bobo. But I have a very "deep" penetration going on.

KeKeKeK

Sorry couldn't help myself

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 6:30:06 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: joelmar

wow, I never really relied much on the hungarians and rumanians for turn 1 bombing mainly because I don't trust them much... so this is a surprising and very interesting result!

For the focus on pilot instead of aircrafts, it's very out of the box thinking, but I see the logic. Looking forward to see the final numbers at the end of the turn.

Ya, The Hungarians aren't bad and neither were the Rumanians.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 13
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 5:38:40 PM   
M60A3TTS

Are the final air numbers in yet?

Post #: 14
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 6:24:26 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

Sorry not yet. Been looking at the other game at the moment. Should have them later this afternoon.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 15
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 6:27:09 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

The game has been updated to patch v1.00.05 this date for this AAR

Post #: 16
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 6:43:18 PM   
Repsol

1. The russian operational losses seems way to low given their overcrowded airbases and poor support.

2. Would including bombing of the russian airbases with the best fighters (Migs, Yaks) to get them out of the sky in the ground phase make any significant different in your A2A losses you think ?

Post #: 17
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 7:02:59 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Repsol

1. The russian operational losses seems way to low given their overcrowded airbases and poor support.

2. Would including bombing of the russian airbases with the best fighters (Migs, Yaks) to get them out of the sky in the ground phase make any significant different in your A2A losses you think ?

For #1 I would think so but I defer to our Soviet Experts on the Soviet Airforce.

For #2 I want them in the air to get a pilot kill. A better chance of that happening there instead of on the ground.

(in reply to Repsol)
Post #: 18
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 11:30:09 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: M60A3TTS

This should be the final total. All major moves and attacks have been completed. I can say that this can be optimized for more kills. I am trying many different things in this game to see how it will go. You will see the ground pictures here in a few and can tell me if it is different from what I normally do ;-) But yeah this should be the final number for this games turn 1 on Air-2-Air Pilot kills.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 19
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 11:34:33 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1

The "RUSH" is on for you know what. This sticks out more than the southern front penetration of what is happening. Even Helen Keller can see this a mile away ;-P

I know, I know, I know what I said about Leningrad! Go ahead and rub it in.

****just a note I still have a lot of administrative movement of infantry to position. But tanks and Moto are in final location but not all HQ's *****

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 4/2/2021 11:37:21 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 11:39:04 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 1

Center

I messed up a few things here and had to improvise my butt off. Was barely able to pull this off with just 2nd PZ.

****just a note I still have a lot of administrative movement of infantry to position. But tanks and Moto are in final location but not all HQ's *****

Attachment (1)

Post #: 21
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/2/2021 11:41:11 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

You can bet your bottom dollar I will be hunting for that darn Cav Division in the Center this time for sure ;-P

Post #: 22
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/3/2021 2:09:31 AM   
Gam3r

quote:

Turn 1

why Tarnopol airbase shows airplanes present?

Post #: 23
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/3/2021 2:31:42 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gam3r

quote:

Turn 1

why Tarnopol airbase shows airplanes present?

Airplanes are present. You can transfer planes to airbases any time during the turn. Heck I had a few planes I changed bases on a couple times.

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 24
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/4/2021 1:25:18 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 Beginning of Turn

Weather

Gotta start with the weather since in the opening turns this is what worries me the most.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 25
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/4/2021 1:29:59 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 Beginning of Turn

Events!!!

Western Europe wanting more bodies, loss of 1VP and one AP, GAH :( Next game I am going to do something about that for sure. Finland joins the war.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 26
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/4/2021 1:33:13 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 Beginning of Turn

North

Attachment (1)

Post #: 27
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/4/2021 1:34:48 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 Beginning of Turn

T2 North

Gulf of Riga firmly in Soviet Control. Not much I could do here besides let it happen since the 109's were busy elsewhere.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 28
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/4/2021 1:37:32 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 Beginning of Turn

Riga BOMBED!!! 12 times!!! All losses by Soviets Operational Losses. I am thinking this may not be working too well for the Soviets at the moment. The damage to the port and railyard in this game was minimal. Interesting. Here are the 12 Riga bombings and you make your determination.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 29
RE: Der schreie der verstorbenen soldaten, HLYA(G) vs G... - 4/4/2021 1:38:50 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Turn 2 Beginning of Turn

Riga BOMBED!!!

2 of 12 snapshots

Attachment (1)

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> The Screams of the deceased Soldiers, HLYA(G) vs Gunnulf(S) Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI