Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 12:59:51 PM   
tm1

Army Group South and in particular 1st Panzer Armee is stuck at Kiev, I am trying to get a rail line from Lvov to Kiev, I repair the rail line its yellow ended up sending my back to Lvov and started going forward so my rail from Lvov to Yampol went from orange to yellow to green.
Now after another turn that section of rail is back to yellow including Lvov.
I can continue going forward and repairing rail but I cant train units as working rail stop before Lvov.
I have 1 working rail in the south from Romanian territory to Odessa, that's it, my Armee's are moving at a snails pace all the while the Russians are getting stronger.

Same issue with Army Group Centre 1 half rail lines with them changing from green to yellow after repairing them.
I must be something wrong been stalled at Smolensk for 5 turns.

The north is not much better slowly grinding my through to Leningrad and Novgorod the rail is better there that is something.
looking through the manual but its tough going.
Post #: 1
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 1:36:01 PM   
joelmar

Not sure I fully understand your problem but I will try to help:

First, if your rails are yellow or orange, it means some freight went through them and so it means they are working.

So your rail don't need to be green to be working. Yellow and orange are only a warning sign they are getting overloaded and be cautious what units and how many you move on that rail.

You must make sure you build depots on every level 2+ railyards and make sure they get repaired ASAP, those are very important to pull freight forward. Level 1 railyards DON'T pull freight, they are only useful to unload freight.

Don't move more than 1 or 2 units on your rail lines during a turn, this is not WiTE 1, you will deplete your rail capacity if you do more than that.

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to tm1)
Post #: 2
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 2:30:07 PM   
squatter

If you are talking about the logistics info overlay, the problem is that the game highlights disconnected stretches of rail in green if the rail is not damaged.

So green can mean either = connected and running low freight load

or = undamaged rail which is not connected to your net, and not carrying any freight

This has been raised in another thread because is massively unhelpful, and I believe the devs are looking at it.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 3
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 3:08:30 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

If you are talking about the logistics info overlay, the problem is that the game highlights disconnected stretches of rail in green if the rail is not damaged.

So green can mean either = connected and running low freight load

or = undamaged rail which is not connected to your net, and not carrying any freight

This has been raised in another thread because is massively unhelpful, and I believe the devs are looking at it.

Yes, I've noticed this as well. It's very confusing!

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 4
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 3:26:53 PM   
CaesarCzech

quote:

ORIGINAL: tm1

Army Group South and in particular 1st Panzer Armee is stuck at Kiev, I am trying to get a rail line from Lvov to Kiev, I repair the rail line its yellow ended up sending my back to Lvov and started going forward so my rail from Lvov to Yampol went from orange to yellow to green.
Now after another turn that section of rail is back to yellow including Lvov.
I can continue going forward and repairing rail but I cant train units as working rail stop before Lvov.
I have 1 working rail in the south from Romanian territory to Odessa, that's it, my Armee's are moving at a snails pace all the while the Russians are getting stronger.

Same issue with Army Group Centre 1 half rail lines with them changing from green to yellow after repairing them.
I must be something wrong been stalled at Smolensk for 5 turns.

The north is not much better slowly grinding my through to Leningrad and Novgorod the rail is better there that is something.
looking through the manual but its tough going.

I think you mistaken the forums, you are looking for Herr Logistican. New Managament game focused sorely on managing the vast logistical System of Wehrmacht ?

more seriously throught i imagine this is pretty close how OKW must have felt

< Message edited by CaesarCzech -- 4/2/2021 3:27:24 PM >

(in reply to tm1)
Post #: 5
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 4:29:47 PM   
M60A3TTS

Call me crazy, but...it's almost as though he's confusing the rail capacity overlay with the rail repair one.

Folks understand, right? You press the R key and repair the rail with the red circles. Green is repaired and connected to your rail network and yellow is repaired and not connected to the network.

< Message edited by M60A3TTS -- 4/2/2021 4:30:00 PM >

(in reply to CaesarCzech)
Post #: 6
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/2/2021 4:51:42 PM   
carlkay58

Yes it is very important to realize that there are two different ways to look at rail status. When you are repairing/converting rail use the 'R' key. There a connected and functioning rail hex is a green circle with a track symbol. If the circle is orange then it is repaired and will be ready for next turn's logistics phase. If it is red then it needs repair. If it is yellow then it is repaired but not connected to your existing rail net. PLEASE NOTE that there is a bug where a repaired rail next to a port or other repaired rail hex will show as green even if the rail is not connected!

The second way to look at the rail is the 'n' key. This will show all of the depots and color the rails as per load. Use this to balance out your supply net by adjusting depot priority or seeing where a new rail connection could be of benefit to create. Unfortunately any repair rail will show a color based on the rail usage of the hex. So even if the rail is not connected to your rail net it will show green.

I think the original post is detailing the fact that somewhere along the line the player missed a rail connection and started to repair rails in hexes next to the supplied rail net without having connected them. This does happen. The best way to check this is use the 'R' key, turn off the unit display' and trace where things went wrong. Then turn off the 'R' key and see where the hex SHOULD have been repaired. This is a pain, but I will tell you that once you have made a mistake in this area, you will NEVER make it again! This is from experience.

(in reply to M60A3TTS)
Post #: 7
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 8:32:32 AM   
Rosencrantus

Is there a way to more easily check which hexes have railyard lvl 2+? The only way I know so far is to just to right click and get the hex information to check the number of railyards. Hovering over it just displays railyard(1) for every city.

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 8
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 9:07:45 AM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosencrantus

Is there a way to more easily check which hexes have railyard lvl 2+? The only way I know so far is to just to right click and get the hex information to check the number of railyards. Hovering over it just displays railyard(1) for every city.

In the ground phase when you select F2 Rail Movement Mode they are highlighted with the Rail Icon and show available Rail Points.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Rosencrantus)
Post #: 9
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 12:28:06 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedLancer

quote:

In the ground phase when you select F2 Rail Movement Mode they are highlighted with the Rail Icon and show available Rail Points.

By the way, it's really inconvenient that you have to switch the screen mode to see it! This value should be visible when hovering over the hex!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 10
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 12:34:04 PM   
dudefan

quote:

ORIGINAL: malyhin1517

quote:

quote:

By the way, it's really inconvenient that you have to switch the screen mode to see it! This value should be visible when hovering over the hex!

This should be visible in the normal map or at least when logistics is activated

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 11
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 12:37:18 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudefan

quote:

ORIGINAL: malyhin1517

quote:

quote:

This should be visible in the normal map or at least when logistics is activated

For this I turn on the display of factories. It's not difficult for me, I just didn't immediately understand how to find places to build warehouses. I was confused by the values shown in the hex popup.

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 12
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 12:45:24 PM   
dudefan

Sure but still you can't see on one glance which one is railyard 2 which is the most important

Post #: 13
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 1:06:29 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudefan

Sure but still you can't see on one glance which one is railyard 2 which is the most important

You just need to build warehouses in those cities where there is a railway emblem, then the size of the warehouses will be the largest at once, in other cities the size of the warehouse will increase gradually as construction progresses.

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 14
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 2:27:01 PM   
dudefan

What?

Post #: 15
RE: Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me - 4/3/2021 2:39:11 PM   
malyhin1517

If you build a warehouse anywhere, then its initial size is only 250! Then it will gradually increase to 10,000. But if there is a railway icon in this place, then the initial size of the warehouse is 10,000 for each level. Sorry if it's not clear, this is an automatic translation into English.

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Rail System Will Be The Death Of Me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI