Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Friendly Hex convertion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Friendly Hex convertion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 9:31:42 AM   
Medicusa

How do friendly hexes be converted into enemy hexes when no enemy units are around?
I just lost a harbor where no enemy unit is close and I had a HQ and a infantry regiment in a ship in it. But I always seem to have this red hexes move into my hexes even with no enemy units close by. Does it come from dots?
Post #: 1
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 9:45:10 AM   
James80

Is this thread a little help? I had a very similar question.

"Isolated Hex Conversion" (I am not allowed to post links :-( ). it is on page 2 of this forum atm

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 2
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 10:35:40 AM   
Medicusa

Unfortunately not.

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 3
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 10:43:07 AM   
Denniss

There may be an enemy unit nearby that your recons did not spot. Move one of your units nearby and you should spot it.
primary indicator of such a forgotten unit is a moving red (enemy) hex

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 4
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 10:45:20 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Medicusa

How do friendly hexes be converted into enemy hexes when no enemy units are around?
I just lost a harbor where no enemy unit is close and I had a HQ and a infantry regiment in a ship in it. But I always seem to have this red hexes move into my hexes even with no enemy units close by. Does it come from dots?

units on a ship don't count for hex control and will move away if an enemy unit moves adjacent

the rules on hex conversion are in - 7.3.3:

"Isolated hexes (23.14.1) that are not occupied by a friendly unit, or adjacent to a friendly combat unit may switch control to the other side automatically during friendly logistics phases. This will happen if they are adjacent to any enemy combat unit or within 2 hexes of an enemy division or corps sized unit."

not sure what you mean by 'dots'. I suspect what you are seeing is the symbol for interdiction between 0 and 1, so no effect apart from denying admin movement - if so has nothing to do with hex conversion

< Message edited by loki100 -- 4/4/2021 10:46:00 AM >

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 5
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 11:06:34 AM   
Medicusa

I have cleared out the entire reagion, at least 3 hexes in each direction and my hexes still convert to enemy hexes. Dots mean villiages.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 6
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 11:28:21 AM   
loki100

quote:

I have cleared out the entire reagion, at least 3 hexes in each direction and my hexes still convert to enemy hexes. Dots mean villiages.

could you post an image (better a save) so we can see what you are encountering? Preferably with FOW off.

I doubt its a bug as such as there would be other similar reports

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 7
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 12:14:53 PM   
Medicusa

I still cannot post images here, so no sorry.

Is it possible that even though I have enough trucks in the pool (it shows at the start of a turn) they are not ready to move into a depot for months for some reason? As it is right now depots show sometimes 2000 trucks or more used from units even though my pool has enough trucks left. This is very frustrating since my units lose movement a lot this way.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 8
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 12:36:24 PM   
carlkay58

If you are playing vs the AI there is an AI ability to convert hexes back to its control on the 'edges'. These hex conversions should be along the front line with possible incursions into your immediate rear through holes in your line. If they are appearing anywhere else then you should definitely report that in the Technical Support section and include all of the saves from your last turn so the developer team can look it over.

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 9
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 3:15:15 PM   
Medicusa

So you saying that any front of mine that is not covered by at least a regiment will slowly take over my hexes until it reaches Berlin? :-)

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 10
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 4:01:23 PM   
CaesarCzech

quote:

So you saying that any front of mine that is not covered by at least a regiment will slowly take over my hexes until it reaches Berlin? :-)

This is quite too far as bonus for AI to be honest especially when we dont have that ability at all. having bit more boosts is one thing but this ?

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 11
RE: Friendly Hex convertion - 4/4/2021 4:10:07 PM   
loki100

quote:

no, that is not what he said.

If you can't post an image/save then can you send something to me via either a wetransfer link or email (on my forum profile).

I'm really not sure what is going on as I've never seen the situation you are describing occur

(in reply to Medicusa)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Friendly Hex convertion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI